Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent TSB account closure

• 23-06-2019 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

About two weeks ago I got a letter in the post from the Permanent TSB saying they are going to increase the fees to 6 euro a month starting this August. The initial reason I went with them three years ago was that they were the cheapest among Irish banks. Currently charging me 4 euro per month. So I went to the branch and closed the account. The guy at the counter asked if I'm leaving for good. I was surprised to hear that. I said I'm not leaving, just switching my banking to the Revolut and N26. He seemed very curious and we spend a good few minutes talking about advantages (no fees, great apps, functionality )and disadvantages (no mortgages, loans or savings, which I didn't need anyway) of the Revolut&N26. I couldn't believe that they (banks) don't know about these great alternatives. At some stage I started to think he's going to offer me fee-free account if I stay with them. But nope.... so I had to say good-bye.
    Just curious if anyone closed the PTSB account recently and was asked something similar.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I'll be closing my PTSB account this week so will let you know how it goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Well they said nothing to me in Dundrum. No query as to why I was closing the account, no request for me to speak to the manager first. It just took 5 minutes to shut it down. I wonder where they getting many account closure requests? Now to move my wife to KBC extra current account.

Advertisement