Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castletownbere, west cork

Options
  • 24-06-2019 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

My brother is considering accepting a job offer here and will move to there with his family . What is it like to live there ? Are houses expensive ? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

He better like it there cause it's miles of twisty roads from everywhere.

Daft.ie will tell you how much houses cost there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

JC43 wrote: »
    My brother is considering accepting a job offer here and will move to there with his family . What is it like to live there ? Are houses expensive ? Thanks

Whats he want in life?
    If he wants wild, rugged, beautiful, rain, wind, stunning, nature, friendly he'll get it.

Its really beautiful down there, but tough in winter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Whats he want in life?
    If he wants wild, rugged, beautiful, rain, wind, stunning, nature, friendly he'll get it.

Its really beautiful down there, but tough in winter

It’s not that tough in winter at all, it’s only as tough as you make it, and it has the added bonus of less god awful tourists clogging up the roads!

Fantastic part of the world, I just wish they’d stop promoting it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

You haven't excepted the blacksmithing job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

I hope he likes the smell of fish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

**** hole. Better living in allihies or eyeries and commuting to town.
    What's the job if you dont mind me asking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

**** hole. Better living in allihies or eyeries and commuting to town.
    What's the job if you dont mind me asking?

Lovely villages, but both with a population of 7 in Winter.
    Between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭holliehobbie

Avoid. My crazy ex's uncle and his equally crazy cousin live there. Basically cause they like pretending they are saving the planet/ecowarrior types! And they don't like working for a living either!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

Lovely villages, but both with a population of 7 in Winter.
    Between them.

More like 1000 or more,. Some great night's in allihies in the winter time,.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

down here at the moment and travelled around the Ring over the last week

There are a few houses around up for sale, you'll get a really good 4 bed detached with some land near with a decent seas view for asking price 350k + in or around Castletown

Allihilies looks like a gem of a village, passed through yesterday, looks very well maintained and people take pride in their houses, same with Eyeries. Probably to live in all year round I would favour one of these over C'Bere

• Advertisement
Advertisement