Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Internal Sound Proofing of Shared Wall in Semi-D

• 24-06-2019 2:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Recently purchased a new build in an estate. A semi-detached three bed. House quality is great so far bar the sound transfer from the house attached to ours. The neighbors play music for a couple of hours each evening and it while it doesn't seem to be at an excessive volume, it does seem to travel into our house quite easily. Their musical tastes are not very compatible with our own, so I started looking up sound proofing the shared wall.

The claims of decibel reduction seem to be quite good, but has anyone any experience with these sound proofing panels? Are they worth the extra expense and losing a little bit of the size of the house?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

BryanF wrote: »

I've not seen this, assume I need to reach out to our solicitor to see if they received this?

I've not seen this, assume I need to reach out to our solicitor to see if they received this?

Yes. May be a general cert. but interested to see if mention of sound is covered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Thanks, will give them a shout. On the cert, how much use is it though? As in, are the regulations of a high standard for blocking noise?

Thanks, will give them a shout. On the cert, how much use is it though? As in, are the regulations of a high standard for blocking noise?

Hard to say, I think In estates it’s similar to Air-testing, one in four should be tested. One of the lads that does these type of builds will be along with more info shortly.

As regards acoustic panels, depends on structure and whether it’s properly separated at floor/wall/ceiling etc. it should be..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭imp1

Part E compliance certs should be gathered up by the assigned certifier, your house need not have been tested itself, but a representative sample - size of sample varies with number of houses in the development, and party wall construction - should have been tested. The minimum spec of 53dB is pretty decent, but will not stop all noise, particularly 'drum n bass' type noise.
    Do you know what the construction is?

Advertisement