Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is your online insurance quote system broken?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Fuaranach,

Thanks for contacting us here and sorry to hear this. Can you please let us know what's happening when you try to obtain a quote, are you getting a particular error message?

Thanks
    Tara

Hi Fuaranach,

Thanks for contacting us here and sorry to hear this. Can you please let us know what's happening when you try to obtain a quote, are you getting a particular error message?

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi. Thanks. On the Chrome browser, when I click the orange 'Get a Quote' button on the first link in the op nothing opens at all. Instead, in the bottom left of the screen I see a message 'Waiting for boimotor.rsagroup.ie...' and the page never loads. This is also what happens in the Firefox Mozilla browser. The page was working fine last week, though. Does that 'Get a Quote' button open for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Thanks Fuaranach for linking back in with us.

Yes it's working here for us and we've also checked in with the Insurance Teams and they've confirmed all is okay on the links.

It's possible it could be device related, if you can try it on a different device it should work for you.

We hope the above advice helps you complete the online quote.

Many thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Same problem for me. Still won't open on any device with either Internet Explorer or Chrome.

Hi Fuaranach and StreetLight

If you would like to PM us with your name and contact number we would be happy to arrange an Advisor give you a call and go through the quote over the phone with you.

Many thanks
    Alison

• Advertisement

If you would like to PM us with your name and contact number we would be happy to arrange an Advisor give you a call and go through the quote over the phone with you.

Many thanks
    Alison
    Update: Have tried clearing all cookies on all devices on differing networks, but webpages still refuse to open.

Many thanks
    Alison
    Update: Have tried clearing all cookies on all devices on differing networks, but webpages still refuse to open.
    Me, too. Aside from clearing the cache I've now tried two separate laptops and an Android phone. I also ensured that the adblocker and pop-up stopper are disabled. The page refuses to open once you press 'Get a Quote'. I got my house insurance with Bank of Ireland also, but the quote on the phone was more expensive than the quote on that BofI website, which is why I'd rather use the online quote.

Thanks for coming back to us, we have sent on your difficulties you mention trying to access the quote option online to our Insurance Team.

Just a mention, we've also checked with the Team and there should be no difference to the quote online or by phone. If you would like us to arrange a call please feel free to PM and an Advisor can go through the quote with you.

You can also request a call back here from the Home Insurance Team.

Many thanks
    Alison

The webpage eventually redirects to the following URL:

https://boimotor.rsagroup.ie/Pages/BIM/TechnicalIssue.aspx

Thanks StreetLight for the link, I have sent this on the Team this morning and also your above efforts that you mention.

Feel free to PM if you would like a call made to you.

Many thanks
    Alison

• Advertisement

Thanks StreetLight for the link, I have sent this on the Team this morning and also your above efforts that you mention.

Feel free to PM if you would like a call made to you.

Many thanks
    Alison
    Hi Alison,

The button links are working for me now. Thanks again for the help! :-)

Regards.

That's brilliant StreetLight. Thanks for the update, really appreciate it :) 

Alison

Back working properly for me today as well. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Diaell

Seen this Issue yesterday and today, have tried 3 different devices on 2 different networks but quote page wont load, had no issue last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

Diaell wrote: »
    Seen this Issue yesterday and today, have tried 3 different devices on 2 different networks but quote page wont load, had no issue last week.

Hi Diaell,

Thanks for getting in touch today.

We are sorry to hear you are having difficulty with our online Insurance Quote page.

If this problem persists today can I ask you to request a call back here and a member of the Insurance Quotes Team will contact you.

Many Thanks

John

Advertisement