Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre Built Desktop Deals

Options
  • 24-06-2019 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

Any good deals on pre built desktops. For my father so mainly used for internet browsing, downloading videos etc. Could spend up to 400. only need the desktop has everything else.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

Thanks for the reply. could you list the parts for me, would like to give building a go

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭SilverSideUp

Irishder wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. could you list the parts for me, would like to give building a go

The Raspberry Pi foundation have just released the Raspberry Pi 4 which is a desktop grade computer with improved performance for €55. You can buy their desktop kit for £115 which includes most of the necessary accessories. You just need to buy a monitor.

https://thepihut.com/products/raspberry-pi-4-desktop-kit?src=raspberrypi&variant=20064004440126

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

If you don't want to build, something like this is around €260 delivered when configured with a 500GB SSD.

AMD A8-9600, 8GB DDR4, 500GB SSD (make sure to select this) and plenty of upgrade potential, but more than powerful enough for years for casual desktop use.

Advertisement