Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CBD Oil seized

Options
  • 24-06-2019 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi, Can anyone explain to me why my order of two 10ml bottles of cbd oil was seized by customs at Athlone mailing centre. I understood CBD oil is legal in Ireland. What am I missing?
    Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Jimmy McGill

Hi, Can anyone explain to me why my order of two 10ml bottles of cbd oil was seized by customs at Athlone mailing centre. I understood CBD oil is legal in Ireland. What am I missing?

I'd imagine a bottle of CBD oil would show up as similar to drugs on an x ray machine. It was probably seized for analysis to make sure it wasn't something like liquid cocaine.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,069 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Some CBD oil contains high level of THC. Maybe this is the issue

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Some CBD oil contains high level of THC. Maybe this is the issue

A test should prove this...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Cbd oil shouldn't have any THC in it , that's why it's called Cbd oil. THC is the part of the plant that gets you stoned .

• Registered Users Posts: 7 donegal2016

And if was deemed to be simply CBD oil after testing it, will they reinburse me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,069 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Cbd oil shouldn't have any THC in it , that's why it's called Cbd oil. THC is the part of the plant that gets you stoned .

Google cbd oil & THC. Some oils will have THC in it

There are two sources of CBD oil. One source is the hemp plant, while the other comes from the marijuana plant.

These two sources vary in their genetic makeup and the purpose for which people grow them.

Marijuana plants contain a higher level of THC, which is a psychoactive drug that binds to the endocannabinoid system’s cannabinoid 1 receptors. It’s the agent inside of marijuana that gets you “highâ€.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Jimmy McGill

And if was deemed to be simply CBD oil after testing it, will they reinburse me?

I doubt it, they would just say they were just doing their job etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Folks, take it to the legal discussions forum instead:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=633

This is not the place for this.

Advertisement