Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of buying in Maynooth

Options
  • 24-06-2019 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

I'm looking for advice on buying a 3 bed semi in Maynooth. Just need advice on the general build quality of the estates.
    If you are living or have lived in any of the estates, are there any ones to avoid - send me a PM if you have any horror stories so as not to upset the mods.
    I just want to avoid any estates thrown up during the boom.
    I know a survey will pick up issues but I don't want to get that far.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Which estates?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dermo2014

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Which estates?

Kingsbury
    Straffan Wood
    Griffin Rath

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Should add Silken Vale.

Should add Silken Vale.

As one to avoid ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

dermo2014 wrote:
    As one to avoid ?

To look in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Straffan Wood is made out of cardboard and Kingsbry has a substantial (but falling) number of student rentals so you can have rowdy neighbours if not lucky.

Maynooth is abnormally expensive so if something looks cheap there's probably a reason!

L1011 wrote: »
    Straffan Wood is made out of cardboard and Kingsbry has a substantial (but falling) number of student rentals so you can have rowdy neighbours if not lucky.

Maynooth is abnormally expensive so if something looks cheap there's probably a reason!

Thanks, good to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Castledawson and Newtown Hall are good to look at also and they are the right side of town for getting onto the M4 in the morning if that's important for you.

Advertisement