Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applied for loan 3 weeks ago and it's still pending

Options
  • 24-06-2019 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Hi, I filled out a personal loan application 3 weeks ago and uploaded my documents and ever since then it just says "application pending". It's quite frustrating as I cannot apply for a loan elsewhere in case the BOI one comes through as I don't want to have to deal with 2 loans. Can you please help the situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Apply elsewhere - its confidential and you can choose or try and negotiate if you get offered both. They make money from.you so you have some leverage at.this.point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi kaji

Thanks for checking this here with us.

As updates are generally every 48 banking hours, could we ask you please to check your email for any updates, including your junk and spam folders in case further info has landed there?

If no update has been emailed, please send us a PM with your full name and contact number and we'll arrange a Lending Advisor to check this and give you a call.

Also, if you hold any existing accounts, could you let us know which Branch they are held with please? We would be happy to help this is.

Many thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Hi kaji

Thanks for checking this here with us.

As updates are generally every 48 banking hours, could we ask you please to check your email for any updates, including your junk and spam folders in case further info has landed there?

If no update has been emailed, please send us a PM with your full name and contact number and we'll arrange a Lending Advisor to check this and give you a call.

Also, if you hold any existing accounts, could you let us know which Branch they are held with please? We would be happy to help this is.

Many thanks
    Alison
    Ok, thanks. I sent a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

I'm unable to send you a PM, it seems like you can't accept them. Can you please advise? I feel like I'm just wasting my time with BOI at this stage. Also, I didn't receive any email and it didn't go into my junk mail as when I check my loan progress on the BOI website, it just states pending. I can't receive phonecalls while at work so can you just give me a number to call instead as I feel it would be faster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

kaji wrote: »
    I'm unable to send you a PM, it seems like you can't accept them. Can you please advise? I feel like I'm just wasting my time with BOI at this stage. Also, I didn't receive any email and it didn't go into my junk mail as when I check my loan progress on the BOI website, it just states pending. I can't receive phonecalls while at work so can you just give me a number to call instead as I feel it would be faster.

Hi kaji,

To send a pm you just need to click the link under any of our signatures, if you can't see a link please go to your control panel settings and set signatures to display. Our lending team can be contacted on 0818200347 and will be available until 8pm. If you do change your mind and would like us to arrange a call, please click here to send a us a private message.

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement
Advertisement