Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm installer has gone silent

Options
  • 25-06-2019 8:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

We had a Vanderbilt/SPC alarm installed a couple of years ago by a well recommended guy. He was nice and did a good job. I subsequently recommended him to several neighbours.

The monthly monitoring includes fees for annual maintenance. For the past year or more the alarm app connection has been offline. I have called, emailed, etc. and despite promises of appointments he has never shown up to do the annual maintenance or fix the connection. Now he just doesn't reply at all even though he has seen my WhatsApp messages. I have been unfailingly polite.

How do I go about switching to another monitoring service? Just give them a call?

And same for maintenance, just give another installer a call?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes. Most good installers could look after this for you. Where are you located?

Advertisement