Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

amount of time to consider promotion offer

Options
  • 25-06-2019 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi
    looking for some practical advice here. I've applied for a job with my local ETB (currently employed as teacher in special education project) in a new centre but still part of the special education project, this would be a promotion in my case if successful.
    However another job has been advertised that I am seriously considering, within the same ETB, but in a more mainstream education centre. This would be a serious promotion if I got it. Theres a two week difference in the application dates. I'm looking for some advice on my options in the unlikely event I am successful. Looking at the dates I would probably be offered the first one before I even interview for the 2nd. It would be a stretch if I got offered the 2nd but I'm going to give it a go and am seriously prepping for both.
    I'd imagine if I turned down the 1st and didn't get the 2nd I'd be seriously scuppering any future chances of promotion - any advice ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Random sample

Take the first if you are offered it. They'll know you have applied for the second anyway if it’s the same etc. Don’t worry about what you do when you are offered both until it happens.
    They will most likely have a panel from the first job, so if you decline the offer, it'll go to the second on the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

As the previous poster, I would take the first job offered and if the second job comes up then you can take that. It is with the same ETB and there will be panels in place.

Advertisement