Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Watch Series 1 in 2019

• 25-06-2019 12:45pm

I was in CEX and they have both 38mm & 42mm series 1 Apple Watch for €130

I know nothing about Apple Watches but I just want one to count my steps when walking and use it tell the time.

What’s the battery life on it, is it worth it? 12-15 hour battery life is what I need or should I just get series 2?

Thanks so much for your help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I have a series 1 and wear it for tracking steps and the odd work out as well as looking at notifications and telling the time. It's probably at at around 60-65% battery when I go to bed.

BigMoose wrote: »
    I have a series 1 and wear it for tracking steps and the odd work out as well as looking at notifications and telling the time. It's probably at at around 60-65% battery when I go to bed.

Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

I'm not up on the Apple watches (or watches generally as I don't really wear one) but if you only want a step counter and time, would you be better buying something newer with a better battery life.

For example, in this article it picks out a few watches that would do what you want handily enough with being as expensive, with the longer warranty you get with a new product. People on here might be able to correct me, but the Amazfit sounds pretty decent for around €70.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazfit-Real-time-Monitor-Bluetooth-Water-Resistant/dp/B07CRSK5DM/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=amazfit&qid=1562068347&s=gateway&sr=8-3

Advertisement