Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old man gets his wig split by friendly locals in wetlands.

• 25-06-2019 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

Shocking news story doing the rounds about an old man new to the locality who was viciously assaulted by the friendly neighbours from wetlands halting site. He reportedly stopped to ask for directions and was subjected to a cruel and barbaric beating.

Two things here. Who stops and goes to a halting site to ask for directions? Lost or not that's simply a no no especially for a vulnerable old person. Plenty of houses in that area he could have called into.

Secondly, when are we going to admit that these people are a lawless society and beating and attacking vulnerable people such as this old man is nothing to new to them. Instead we seem to be giving them more and more power by building their homes, letting them not pay tax, and more recently giving them a special status to practice their culture boss.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Comerman

Shocking news story doing the rounds about an old man new to the locality who was viciously assaulted by the friendly neighbours from wetlands halting site. He reportedly stopped to ask for directions and was subjected to a cruel and barbaric beating.

Two things here. Who stops and goes to a halting site to ask for directions? Lost or not that's simply a no no especially for a vulnerable old person. Plenty of houses in that area he could have called into.

Secondly, when are we going to admit that these people are a lawless society and beating and attacking vulnerable people such as this old man is nothing to new to them. Instead we seem to be giving them more and more power by building their homes, letting them not pay tax, and more recently giving them a special status to practice their culture boss.
    https://www.kilkennypeople.ie/news/home/426423/elderly-gentleman-brutally-assaulted-in-unprovoked-assault-at-wetlands-halting-site.html
    I wouldn't do it but the man has a perfect right to feel safe enough to ask for directions. Pure scum and fuk.ll will happen or be done about it, a great advertisement for Kilkenny tourism. I'd reckon he got caught by sat nav because the council have the white bridge road blocked off now due to the new road going in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,265 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

''ANyone with information ''
    How about the man who got punched in the face who can point out who did it.

That road is like a waz zone, it's like you are entering syria.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Just because you have the right to do something doesn't mean it is a good idea.
    I mean, what kind of gob****e walks into a halting site to ask for directions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Napalm would feature in my solution to this problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

Those that reside in halting sites tend to be above the law. Gardai are afraid of travellers. As for the poor bugger who asked for directions. Going to a halting site is never the cleverest move you can make.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭Be right back

Well, it said he wasn't from the area. Maybe foreign tourist?

Read it again the old man (not gob****) did not walk in anywhere he was sitting in his car and asked for directions/help and got viciously assaulted by a scumbag/gob****e

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

antix80 wrote: »

Potassium Chloride would be what I'd use, it's barbaric so perfectly suited to that particular segment of society

Better report here
    https://kilkennynow.ie/man-assaulted-asking-for-directions-after-taking-wrong-turn-in-kilkenny/

He didn't go to the halting site but stopped and asked a passer by for directions.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Supra lover 87

Same old story over a year ago they smashed up a council house up the road and cost thousands to fix and before that it was another assault.

Just another cycle without punishment and forgotten about.

If this was in Latvia or Poland they would be put straight pretty quick or shot it says it all when the parents set their kids free in town to rob stuff for them it's not acceptable in any way shape or form.

I'd like to say what I'd like to do but then I'm a racist or whatever they fall into

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I was expecting a misadventure with a hair-piece, I'm really disappointed now.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,117 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I was expecting a misadventure with a hair-piece, I'm really disappointed now.

Same.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

antix80 wrote: »
    c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Potassium Chloride would be what I'd use, it's barbaric so perfectly suited to that particular segment of society

These sorts of posts are unhelpful and any more similar posts will result in bans. If you have any feedback or questions on discriminatory posts PM me, do not post in thread.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Advertisement