Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C180 Kompressor 2004 - chugging for a week, now won't start

• 25-06-2019 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Chugging and not ticking over correctly - felt like dirty fuel - thought it might sort itself out but now won't start - just keeps turning over and I will only run the battery down - what could this be? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭scannerd

engine light on? can you hear the fuel pump running ?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭loco-colo

scannerd wrote: »
    engine light on? can you hear the fuel pump running ?

Thanks scannerd

Yes - Engine light on - not sure about what fuel pump sounds like - but it is turning over like it is just about to start but doesn’t kick in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭scannerd

I would say that if you don't know the sound of the fuel pump (comes on few seconds with key in second position - its under the back seat) then your in to deep for this DIY, best take it to a mechanic.

thanks scannerd - yeah was just checking if there was anything obvious to look for before I call out tow-up truck to take to garage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,061 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Is there fuel in it? ;-)

You either have a fuel pump problem or fouled fuel system. Do you regularly run near empty?

• Advertisement

Del2005 wrote: »
    Is there fuel in it? ;-)

You either have a fuel pump problem or fouled fuel system. Do you regularly run near empty?

Thanks Del

I keep it nearly full all the time so I think it must be pump - Garage job so. Thanks for replies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

It sounds like timing chain may have jumped a tooth. Have seen them a few times with timing jumped and the customer usually said it ran bad for a while and then after a couple of days it wouldn't start, after jumping another few teeth.

Thanks Lucifer - Got new timing chain a couple of years ago - is the same mechanic so will say that to him - will post outcome here. Thanks.

Advertisement