Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple networks with 1 nvr

Options
  • 25-06-2019 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Have a number of sheds all networked through ubiquiti extenders to give them all there own network (x.x.x.1, .2, .3, .4) and now I want to put cameras into these same sheds. Can I plug my NVR into the router at .1 where the wan connection is coming from and record the cameras which are plugged into the other networks? All traffic is going through .1 to internet?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Well first of all, are you sure each ubiquiti are on their own "network"/subnet?

Because "(x.x.x.1, .2, .3, .4)" sounds like there all on the same subnet and .1, .2 is just the IP address of each Ubiquiti device.

If they are all on the same subnet, then it should be no problem adding cameras in different sheds as they would be on the same subnet.

Now if they really aren't on the same subnet and you have a separate subnet for each ubiquiti, then that would certainly complicate things and probably just easier to change them all to be on the same subnet unless you have a really good reason to separate them out.

Advertisement