Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon Prime Day 2019 (15th & 16th)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Ben Done

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Thanks for your input lol

Sorry, know it was off topic, it's just something I'm concerned about - it's a ticking time bomb, having read into it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

FutureGuy wrote:
    Can someone please collate the ways to get free credit? Re the £8 free for £80 top up, if I top up by 240 in one go, do I get 24 or do I have to go 3 separate deposits?

You can for the 8 for 80 on any account with active prime. Even if shared from a family member.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

sweetie wrote: »
    You can for the 8 for 80 on any account with active prime. Even if shared from a family member.

But I can’t get more than that if I put in multiples of 80?

Also, is there a link to the free £10 for an audible trial?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

FutureGuy wrote: »

Audible expired yesterday night

martyos121 wrote:
    Great advertisement for the product, it must be said.

Swines. I've just gone and bought one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Jaklmex

FutureGuy wrote: »

You need a few accounts for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭brophs

I'm on the search for a good power bank for an iPhone 7 plus. Something easy to carry that'll keep me charged for a few days of video work. If anyone's seen anything, let me know. I'd appreciate it!

I've got this and I find it great. Can't remember what I paid for it, but around €26 seems good to me.

Anker's customer service is great, too, on the off chance you have any issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 708 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Did anyone figure out where the Audible credit is located? I am about to purchase an item but there is no mention of the £10 credit! Can somebody point me where to look thanks!

PaulT21 wrote: »
    Did anyone figure out where the Audible credit is located? I am about to purchase an item but there is no mention of the £10 credit! Can somebody point me where to look thanks!

It shows up when u check out with an item sold and fulfilled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

PaulT21 wrote: »

Use it today as its only valid till today i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Balls, got the runaround from support. They haven't a clue why I can't order anything in the prime deals, so I got fobbed off with 'because you are in Ireland' (he was decent and did attempt to find the issue), and the chatasses were just disconnecting me because they didn't have a clue what else to do.
    I asked one chatass why prime 'add to basket' is greyed out for every product. I was told it was because "I am in prime and can order anything now that all prime members can enjoy" - They have their own pre-written scripts that they just press a button to answer. - Not they weren't bots. Just helpless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Just bought an Instant Pot, thanks to the op recommending that, have been considering getting one for a while.

There’s a double transaction for part of an order from earlier showing up on my Revolut card which is a pain as I had to add more money to my card while waiting for the duplicate transaction to drop off in a few days, assuming it will without me having to contact them.

The fake discounts is annoying and all the cheap tat

They're crap on mobile phones too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,966 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Lots of the usual suspects with dubious discounts getting rolled out alright, but if you had your eye on any of the smart home stuff there have been bargains. Echo Dots for £22 (I have 3 now it's a great yoke) Firestick 4k, also have 3 brilliant kit. Echo show 5 down to £50 that's in the post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Some decent discounts on headphones if anyone is in the market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭embraer170

I am new to the whole Prime Day. I spotted a few good deals last nights, indicating there was 25 or whatever hours left to order. I was planning to pull the trigger tonight, and see that the prices have all gone up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

It's all a bit Meh if you ask me.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Audible expired yesterday night

I got it this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Won't ship batteries to Ireland. Use AddressPal or Parcel Wizard.

Parcel Wizard is also giving Newtownabbey as the virtual address! Feckers. I’ve just signed up for Parcel Motel and Parcel Wizard, so I’m not signing up for another bloody spam sender :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Plus warehouse stuff that's 20%off,some great bargains.

• Advertisement

The missus is in the US next week for work, got a fire stick and two Fire HD 8 tabs for $100 on the US sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭dan786

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭wawaman

The missus is in the US next week for work, got a fire stick and two Fire HD 8 tabs for $100 on the US sale.

Where do you get them posted to if you don’t mine me asking? I’m heading to the us around Black Friday so would be interested in doing the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭ablelocks

pm her USA address and she can bring home a few bits for me too?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,741 ✭✭✭✭ted1

wawaman wrote: »
    Where do you get them posted to if you don’t mine me asking? I’m heading to the us around Black Friday so would be interested in doing the same

If you are working send it to the office or else to the hotel.

wawaman wrote:

The hotel she stays in regularly. Often does be 7 or 8 packages awaiting her when she arrives!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭adox

Use it today as its only valid till today i think

It’s valid for a year I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭nialldinho

wawaman wrote: »

Check out amazon lockers. Like their own version of parcel motel. They usually have multiple locations to choose from. I’ve used them a few times in Seattle and Orlando.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Ordered a few small bits totalling maybe €150 and 2 new monitors for nearly €500.
    Everything but the monitors arriving by Friday but those are slated for "20th - 31st July"

Currently on chat asking if they could reduce their margin of error to less than 11 days and the agent having none of it. This maybe about to be the first time in a decade that I will come off an Amazon chat unhappy (in and of itself an achievement, their care is top notch).

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭teachinggal123

sdanseo wrote: »
    Ordered a few small bits totalling maybe €150 and 2 new monitors for nearly €500.
    Everything but the monitors arriving by Friday but those are slated for "20th - 31st July"

Currently on chat asking if they could reduce their margin of error to less than 11 days and the agent having none of it. This maybe about to be the first time in a decade that I will come off an Amazon chat unhappy (in and of itself an achievement, their care is top notch).

Any monitor recommendations?

Preferably something 4K and 28” -32”.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

6TB seagate external 3.5" drive, 79£ = 88euro
    It's 125£ non-prime

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07C7V494X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Picked up a like new UE wonderbeam for about £33 on the warehouse. Reviews seems very good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Starts the day in a frugal mood.

Ends days spending 300 on fcuking light bulbs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭RonTon

NETGEAR Orbi Ultimate Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi System (Router + 2 Satellite Extenders), Eliminate Deadzones with 6000 sq ft Coverage, Maximise Speeds, AC3000 (RBK53) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B072MY95N7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_aCTlDbF518A49

Got this for £283 just before midnight,not cheap even at the discounted price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

RonTon wrote: »
    NETGEAR Orbi Ultimate Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi System (Router + 2 Satellite Extenders), Eliminate Deadzones with 6000 sq ft Coverage, Maximise Speeds, AC3000 (RBK53) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B072MY95N7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_aCTlDbF518A49

Got this for £283 just before midnight,not cheap even at the discounted price

Still, its a good discount as the Orbi has gotten fantastic reviews for Mesh Wi-Fi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

TitianGerm wrote: »

Can't get any of the payment options to work.. even though I have a delivery address in Norn Iron... do they not like when shipping address is 'off the mainland'?

And now the voucher code cannot be applied, jeeeeeez.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

What's the story with all the Prime Video "this title isn't available in your area" ****e? Nearly everything I clicked on is "not available" and I can't find a search function that only lists what IS available. Any ideas, thanks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

What's the story with all the Prime Video "this title isn't available in your area" ****e? Nearly everything I clicked on is "not available" and I can't find a search function that only lists what IS available. Any ideas, thanks?

It's the difference for Prime Video in UK vs Ireland. Get onto the Customer Service and I believe they can fix the geolocation settings to give you the correct access.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭astonvanilla

Well that Prime Day was a load of crap. Last year, we got started on Santy on Prime Day and got a few bits for Junior. Nothing but dross this year.
    Good discounts on their own brand stuff but don't need a second fire stick, fire tablet, echo or kindle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

This was my first day having Prime and i was happy, got some heavily discounted camping and photography gear I'd had my eye on and a replacement Kindle. I was never in the market for the crazy tech deals so I'm happy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,531 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Only wanted ok set of earphones but never got a discount.

Gonna cancel prime now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Slightly off topic, but how shite is Amazon's search function? The first 5 or 6 results are often completely irrelevant items. Not to mention the annoying layout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭iniall

Standman wrote: »
    Slightly off topic, but how shite is Amazon's search function? The first 5 or 6 results are often completely irrelevant items. Not to mention the annoying layout.

YES! It's been s***e for years but I think it's getting worse with more and more sponsored results that aren't related to the search at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Shame you cant organise by Best Selling!

Hogzy wrote: »
    Shame you cant organise by Best Selling!

Isn't there bestseller lists?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,451 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Ended up buying a truck load of baby wipes, my most refrained prime day yet.

Just on the search function is there any way to keep yourself in warehouse deals on the app, it lets you do an initial warehouse search but if you search a second time your back searching standard Amazon. I usually have to hit back a few times to go back to warehouse which is a pain.

Prices have gone up a lot things were way cheaper a few months ago on certain items.

• Advertisement
Advertisement