Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big DIY Challenge RTE1 Tuesday 8.30 p.m.

• 25-06-2019 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭

Hosted by PJ Gallagher, The Big DIY Challenge showcases DIY-ers from all over Ireland who simultaneously take on DIY projects. RTE

We've already had Episode number 1. Very entertaining! A group of DIY-ers take on doing a project, each in their own home. Really fun to watch. Two "experts" comment and give tips as the projects progress. Each competitor has 10 days in which to finish their project. Prize money at the end of the series is 10,000 Eu.

Episode number 2 , with another group due to start in i5 minutes! Enjoy!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Vicarious Function

LOL! So much for Episode number 2! None of the contestants take themselves too seriously. Lots of laughs! Though, deep down, they are all really wanting that 10,000 Euro. Unfortunately for them, some already are disqualified from winning, as they did not complete their project within the required ten days.

So far, one project seems to stand out over the rest, IMO, but that's just my opinion.

Episode number 3 in a few minutes on RTE1 at 8.30 p.m.- for anyone who can be tempted to drag themselves in from the fine weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Sadly I didn't enjoy ep.1 and stopped recording it. I thought it was going to be different, more informative, and it turned out to be a game. Not for me.

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Sadly I didn't enjoy ep.1 and stopped recording it. I thought it was going to be different, more informative, and it turned out to be a game. Not for me.

Yes, Jellybaby1! It is very much a game. There are a couple of judges/experts who gives tips on safety etc if they see something crazy happening.

What I like about it ist's home-produced - Irish people taking on rediculous projects and making fools of themselves once in a while.

Another thing I like about it is it's not all about men. There are female and male competitors. Interesting to see what some of these women take on.

I'm off to watch it now and have a bit of a laugh. :D

Advertisement