Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Draft Tournament - New Signups!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Current Premier League Draft
    RasTa wrote: »
    Too many rules and paranoia about people voting because of grudges.

Votes not being counted from the start and you can see why people aren't arsed.

We are adults, stop over thinking it and let the game run.

Anyway won't be voting again.

As someone voting that's literally the only rule you have to follow. It's a rule that was in previous drafts on here as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Maybe just get rid of the poll and go by the comments going forward?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

All time European cup competitions draft
    Maybe just get rid of the poll and go by the comments going forward?

Best way to go IMO. There’s one who’s been voting in nearly every match thread and not one post in this entire draft. You can see a clear pattern in who gets those votes and who doesn’t too, so by judging purely on posts the entire thing becomes more civil and the game would be played in a good spirit.

The only drawback to that is it might result in even more matchups with very little interaction.

Yeah I was thinking of removing the poll. The main benefit of it was when there was a good few votes, if the poll is like 18 - 2 there's no need to go through and count because it's fairly clear who won.

Also the time function of it meant votes had to be done inside the 24hrs and then you could check against the posts to see votes instead of going through the thread and looking at post times and maybe edit times.

But if there is only a handful of votes going through and counting them is no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

I always thought that the closed poll mean that posts were used as the tiebreaker

I always thought that the closed poll mean that posts were used as the tiebreaker

In an ideal world every poster would use the poll to vote and then explain their reason in the thread so that the poll would be an easy way of seeing who won.

Obviously reality is a bit different. Votes explaining themselves were always going to be given a higher priority as the voter has gone to the trouble of outlining their reasons. In the event of a tie the poll could have been used to break the deadlock.

Now, I'll just leave people to vote in the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

All time English league draft
    The poll should be the tie breaker if the posts end up being a tie

Match 1 : Mr.Nice Guy vs Morzadec - Winner : Mr.Nice Guy
    Match 2 : Ferris_Bueller vs IncognitoMan - Winner : Ferris_Bueller
    Match 3 : martyos121 vs redzerdrog - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=110818431#post110818431
    Match 4 : Trigger vs SlickRic - Monday 9pm

Match 3 : martyos121 vs redzerdrog - Winner : Redzerdog
    Match 4 : Trigger vs SlickRic - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058001382

Match 3 : martyos121 vs redzerdrog - Winner : Redzerdog
    Match 4 : Trigger vs SlickRic - Winner : SlickRic

Semi-finalists :

Mr.Nice Guy
    Ferris_Bueller
    Redzerdog
    SlickRic

Draw :

qO2RgWM.png

• Advertisement

If Ferris_Bueller and Redzerdog are ready to go we can put up the first tie tonight?

go for it

should the 24 hours for voting start after both people post?

Only reason I said go for it was the ferris had thanked his post so presumed he was online and ready to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

What's the story?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Sorry I thanked the post last night and then ended up going to bed early, have posted my team and view of how the game will go just there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

should the 24 hours for voting start after both people post?

I'd say that's the best way to do it.

I'll leave it until around 9am tomorrow morning so because I should be online around then. I'll put the second semi-final up around that time as well.

• Advertisement

If either poster from the second semi-final was ready to go this evening and won't be around tomorrow moring post your set-up here or PM it and I'll move it across when setting up the threads

Second semi-final for the right to face Redzerdog in the final.

Mr.Nice Guy vs SlickRic

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=110851135#post110851135

Fair play redzer - didn't think it would be as tight, felt like saying "just give this one to redzer" instead of putting in a write up! You definitely have one of if not the strongest team in the draft IMO.

Well done to Redzerdrog on winning the draft.

If anyone is setting one of these up in future I'll just make the suggestion that instead of matchups just have people vote for their favorite side in one go.

Create a thread, leave it open a week or so and have the poll hidden until the timer runs out.

We had loads of interest early on but as people got knocked out they stopped voting on other games so I'd say this would be a better way to keep interest.

Anyway it's been fun lads. Hopefully ye enjoyed it.

Missed the final with the wkd. Best team won imo, cheers for running IM!

Well done redzer, and thanks for running IM. It’s been a lot of fun and I’d say it’s been beneficial to the forum too.

• Advertisement

Fair play IM it was good craic, the drafting the players was definitely the best part followed by setting the tactics ect. Be interesting to see how an open vote would have went but the match ups did throw up a few good matches. With MNG times doing really well to win some close matches that I wouldn't have fancied him for.

Happy to win, and it's easy to say it because of having first pick but once I got first pick I planned every pick to try get the balance of the team and get the best out of my world class players. The value of picks was important to me but not as important as the value per position so I took people sooner if they particularly helped how I was gona set up ie Robertson and then was happy to gamble on getting the likes of Batty late as felt most people had there holding midfielder early but also had a backup plan in Scott Parker. Every team had it's strengths and weaknesses but felt that Batty in round 12 was probably my best value pick even if he did get under rated by some throughout the draft.

Maybe we could get one of these going again given the current situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Maybe we could get one of these going again given the current situation?

I'd be interested

Maybe a current premier league with one special round to help balance picks would work best as it been so close to the last all time one

I'd be up for one.

• Advertisement

Was only thinking the same today, would be a great time to do one! Would love to participate again, although I was in the last one so if someone else wanted a chance then that's cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Funnily enough I was thinking of it too. It would be a good time for a distraction.

Since the PL one was recent, would there be interest in a Champions League one? Any player that's ever featured in the comp could be eligible. Maybe we could have a round where players from the pre-CL era would be allowed as well?

I'd be up for it although with work now I wouldn't really have the time to run again.

My main suggestion would be that after all the picks is made make one main thread where people post their sides and their thinking behind selections etc..

This always loses steam in the match off phase once a few get knocked out so one main thread, every team. Leave open for a week or so and the one with the most votes at the end wins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'm in love these

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

If this is resurrected for 2020, I'm in! perfect kind of not overly taxing distraction to have during everything thats going on. Plus unlike everything else in the world stuff like this can't be cancelled due to all that

That seems like 9 people interested so far; Bounty Hunter, brianregan, IncognitoMan, Mr. Nice Guy, Ferris Bueller, Hello 2d Person, redzerdog, wrestlemaniac, dr. kenneth noisewater. Anyone else be interested in it?

I’d be up for another one too, really enjoyed it last time around.

Are we looking to get 6 more for this to make 16?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I'll do it yeah.

I liked the old one we did with the current PL draft and considering there'll likely be no player movements it would work well imo.

Is there any way to change the title of the thread to let people know we're open for sign ups?

• Advertisement

Just bumping this up for anyone interested in signing up, something to do to pass a bit of time

Right, if we can get one more person we'd have twelve participants and could get something up and running. We're definitely not getting sixteen.

The official 2020 draft thread. Hopefully we can get something going.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058075345

How are we fixed this year, any interest?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Doesn't look like there is many people jumping on this but should there be numbers...
    tenor.gif

Maybe one for the euros after the squads are announced

redzerdrog wrote:
    Maybe one for the euros after the squads are announced

Yeah good shout

I'd be up for it. I always enjoy these.

They always lose stream as teams get knocked out so we maybe need to look at a different setup to the knockout system.

As players get knocked out the tend to just leave the game and not vote in later rounds.

Maybe an overall thread with all teams posted and people vote for their preference in order. Then we average out the positions in each vote for a final leage table?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I'd be in for another one

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

I'd be in again

Advertisement