Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Draft Tournament - New Signups!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

All time English league draft
    jayo26 wrote: »
    Yeah really enjoying it great craic.

It's bloody nerve wracking though especially when your shortlist gets decimated with every pick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

redzerdrog wrote: »
    It's bloody nerve wracking though especially when your shortlist gets decimated with every pick

It's like.. oh yeah I'll pick this one now and keep him for... ohh for fùck sake...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Yeah and then you are clinking on timing you have players that no one else will think of haha. Good fun tho would definitely be up for more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I misread the spread sheet and just thought, well column one is going to win this easy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I really wanted to pair up KDB with Silva - I think getting a player of the undoubted quality of KDB is a great pick at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Glad to see some of the 90's players like Adams and Desailly being picked, I wondered how much recency bias there was going to be or if some of those players from the early PL days would be forgotten about, good to see that they aren't. Though there have already been a few picks that skipped the older lads in favour of a lessor modern day equivalent, and I imagine there will be more in the later rounds.

Desailly though was a genuinely world class player, I remember him coming into the league and it seemed like a man among boys at times, just a different level altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Thought Petit might have dropped a couple more rounds tbh. Not a knock on him at all as he was very good. Just didn't seem like he'd go so high.

Liam O wrote: »
    Thought Petit might have dropped a couple more rounds tbh. Not a knock on him at all as he was very good. Just didn't seem like he'd go so high.

Very good player who was most definitely on my shortlist but I don't know if I am remembering correctly but felt his Chelsea form was nowhere near what he had produced for Arsenal over a shorter timeframe

Very good player who was most definitely on my shortlist but I don't know if I am remembering correctly but felt his Chelsea form was nowhere near what he had produced for Arsenal over a shorter timeframe

His best years were at Arsenal but that's what we picking we are picking players by their peak years. As was said earlier in discussion you could pick out just as many bad years hazzard had to the good years. Petit at arsenal was awesome fantastic midfielder and not many touch him.

• Advertisement

Had a feeling Ric would pick 2 of the guys I wanted. Still, just 14 more picks that I'll be disappointed to see :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Liam O wrote: »
    Had a feeling Ric would pick 2 of the guys I wanted. Still, just 14 more picks that I'll be disappointed to see :p

I nearly didn't pick Masch, as I think there's one that is on a par, so I was debating it for a bit. but i just love Masch, and I let my Liverpool feelings come in.

i've to wait a fúcking age now, so no sympathy here. the hope is what kills you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Must admit Carvalho and Masch were 2 I missed on my original shortlists, need to do some more research!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Current Premier League Draft
    Slickric hasn't let him being dead last and a late reserve hinder him at all.

Top drafting.

I think most teams are there abouts yes some have superstars but all players picked were top class at some stage in their careers and no teams are weak yet.

It's the next few picks that will make the teams the parings that complement each other and gives an advantage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

All time European cup competitions draft
    The table after round 3:

484509.jpeg

Some very strong looking teams already, and things will start to get interesting now with certain positions being heavily targeted in the first three rounds. Everyone is still very much in with a chance IMO, it’ll likely come down to partnerships and maybe the quality in lesser appreciated positions.

Loads of high calibre talent still left to choose from, I’m excited for the last two or three rounds and the creativity that’ll come with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Was not expecting centre backs to fly off the shelf as quick as they have tbh. Makes this a scary time for those of us who haven't picked one yet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

This looks like great fun, sorry I missed the sign ups :(

Will be following both threads with interest though :D

Necro wrote: »
    This looks like great fun, sorry I missed the sign ups :(

Will be following both threads with interest though :D

Its fecking nerve wrecking hoping the players you have in mind will get thru to you

Trigger wrote: »
    Its fecking nerve wrecking hoping the players you have in mind will get thru to you

And wishing they bloody hurry on and make their picks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Trigger wrote:

I know the feeling, having partaken in a few PW Drafts in my time ;)

Nice to see a few familiar faces from there in this too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

25 minutes left for Dozyart to pick. If he hasn't picked by 17.20 it's correction up.

Was he definitely sent a pm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Ugh, I just seen some of the pick, I'd Adams on my shortlist and thought sure he might not make it around but I'll pick up Desailly or Carvalho! :( Idiot, sure Jones and Smalling have eh longevity......

duffman13 wrote: »
    Ugh, I just seen some of the pick, I'd Adams on my shortlist and thought sure he might not make it around but I'll pick up Desailly or Carvalho! :( Idiot, sure Jones and Smalling have eh longevity......

Center backs are for wimps. 🀣🀣🀣

25 minutes left for Dozyart to pick. If he hasn't picked by 17.20 it's correction up.

Will I make my pick so?

Edit: Going out for the rest of the evening so will just make my pick. If Dozyart returns and wanted who I am picking I will hand him over and pick again in the morning.

correction wrote: »
    Will I make my pick so?

Edit: Going out for the rest of the evening so will just make my pick. If Dozyart returns and wanted who I am picking I will hand him over and pick again in the morning.

I'll presume he got the PM. Make your pick

Had a nightmare deciding whether to pick Essien who I feel is the ideal midfielder for me to have in a 4-4-2 with Modric or picking up the best centre back left who I imagine will be gone very soon.

In the end I decided there's other centre backs I can pick up but if I missed out on Essien there is really no other midfielder that suits me.

I know they probably won't be picked but probably should refrain from mentioning people not picked so far?

Make sure ye are sending pm after you make your pick. That way the next picker should get an email to alert them.

I'd respect a man who tried to work in Phil Jones :pac:

Yeah i sent him a pm, not sure how active he is on here, last pick took a long while too.

Essien a good shout, pure class at his peak, superb mix of physical and technical attributes

• Advertisement

Yeah I completely forgot about the PM when I made my last pick as I was fairly busy at work, thankfully Trigger was on the ball but it could’ve definitely slowed the game down. My point being, it can happen to anyone by mistake but it’s still less than ideal.

What’s the story with Dozyart’s round 4 pick now? Will he have his go at the end of the round or will be pick twice in the next one?

martyos121 wrote: »
    Yeah I completely forgot about the PM when I made my last pick as I was fairly busy at work, thankfully Trigger was on the ball but it could’ve definitely slowed the game down. My point being, it can happen to anyone by mistake but it’s still less than ideal.

What’s the story with Dozyart’s round 4 pick now? Will he have his go at the end of the round or will be pick twice in the next one?

If he's back online before the end of the round he can pick at the end. Just drop a message in here to let us know you are still around.

If we hear nothing before redzerdrog picks he can pick twice in his original spot. If we still hear nothing I'll offer his spot to a reserve. If they turn it down his team will just offer a bye to whoever they draw in the knockout game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Essien was who I was debating with Mascherano.

Solid pick.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Essien was who I was debating with Mascherano.

Solid pick.

I was going to PM you about that actually. The guy I wanted to make through.

Not surprised to see Evra go, got to say the 2nd best left back, part of the 2nd best defence, won a ton.

I considered him last pick but decided to lock down a DM (also wasn't sure if he'd like playing with Suarez!). Knew he wouldn't come back to me.

Morzadec wrote: »
    Not surprised to see Evra go, got to say the 2nd best left back, part of the 2nd best defence, won a ton.

I considered him last pick but decided to lock down a DM (also wasn't sure if he'd like playing with Suarez!). Knew he wouldn't come back to me.

He was going to be my pick to pair him with Ferdinand :(

Went for a striker instead, it's already getting tougher to choose

I wanted Andy Cole. I took a risk looking at the players people had picked already thinking there was a slight chance he'd fall back down to me as most need other areas sorted more than strikers. Sickened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭KBurke85

Pick made and pm sent

Calling Mr. Nice Guy picking my next guy. No way he can make it through 4 anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I wanted Andy Cole. I took a risk looking at the players people had picked already thinking there was a slight chance he'd fall back down to me as most need other areas sorted more than strikers. Sickened.

Exact same. Bollox.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Ooh ahh love the pick of Paul McGrath, people forget he did appear in the premiership (poty) but there is a reason villa fans still sing his name and call him god.

Going through the picks thread singing

Another one bites the dust
    And another one gone, and another one gone

Essien the one that hurts the most, thought people had forgot about him because he lasted so long

Another striker option down the pan :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Think Didi could have being gotten later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

RasTa wrote: »
    Think Didi could have being gotten later.

Of the list I have who I considered top targets for a DM, all of them were picked except for Didi and one other guy who remains. (There's one other name who I'm a huge fan of but who lacks longevity so I steered clear of him).

• Advertisement

Ginola’s a very shrewd pick at this stage. Couldn’t fit him into the team I have planned but he’s a great player to get in round 4 in my opinion.

Had Robbo earmarked as a potential but probably wishful thinking on my part to think he could last all those picks

I think the wingers are gona play a key part in how a lot of teams set up and it's really interesting as you can see how their role has changed over the years.

Morzadec wrote: »
    Had Robbo earmarked as a potential but probably wishful thinking on my part to think he could last all those picks

I don't think either of them would have made it back round to me to be honest so content with my decision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ah Bernardo was the one I wanted. :(

I'll pick shortly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement