Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marks and Spencer sale!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭go4it

the code works for womens wear
    i've saved a few stuff in the basket, awaiting the discount for mens...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Had stuff in my basket at least 3 times this morning, and each time I went to buy it said 'sizes were unavailable' and all gone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46 kungfual

Where do you enter the code?
    I'm looking at the Kid's section, says at the top of the screen Kids Sale Preview - enter code.. - but all the prices are normal and code doesn't work in the checkout..

https://www.marksandspencer.com/ie/l/offers/50-off-sale-preview/kids
    I received and e-mail about this earlier and haven't seen a thread on it.

Up to 50% off and the code is SNEAKPEEK .

https://www.marksandspencer.com/ie/c/offers/50-off-sale-preview?extid=em190625_MX_SA_PV50_SalePrevLa_ALL_IE_EN&ep_mid=8122389&ep_rid=785844269

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The code needs to be entered at checkout. It worked for me on a a selection of womenswear, lingerie and home items. The items have to be chosen from the sale preview link, as not all items are on sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Anyone else not working when you go to checkout? Just saying 'something went wrong' and return to homepage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Anyone else not working when you go to checkout? Just saying 'something went wrong' and return to homepage.

Yeah got the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭leex

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    Yeah got the same

Same here also.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Luckylow10

I swore I’d never shop their sales online again. On more than one occasion I have spent hours shopping and stocking up and then to check out it comes back unavailable. Fair enough I can understand this can happen ,-however even after I have checked out and paid for the items and received confirmation emails, I have received emails from them days later saying several items you have purchased are out of stock however we will send you the rest of the order. What a pain.
    Anyways rant over ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

even with 50% off, stuff seems expensive. Their website can't deal with sales and stock control quickly enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Just checked there. It's still working for me!

• Advertisement

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    Yeah got the same
    leex wrote: »
    Same here also.

It didnt work on my mobile, but order went through fine with I ordered on my laptop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I can't check out. Tried WiFi, fixed Internet and data. IE, Chrome and Samsung browser, even incognito windows. Guest and account.

This was happening on Monday when I almost paid full price. Reported it and it's still happening today. I fill in all the payment details and I get a message to complete all the boxes with asterisks, they're already full. Deleted and re completed. Still nothing. So frustrating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Everything I go to purchase it tells me has been removed from my basket as it's sold out. When I go back and look they are all still marked in stock. There are kids items in the sale, is it only ladies items that this applies to?

Everything I go to purchase it tells me has been removed from my basket as it's sold out. When I go back and look they are all still marked in stock. There are kids items in the sale, is it only ladies items that this applies to?

What a stupid stupid website. I just bought the 3 items I wanted after much hassle.

First time I had wanted to collect them from Liffey Valley- it said it wasn't available as a store to collect from anymore.

I then tried buying the items and having them delivered, many times when i hit 'Purchase' it would say they were out of stock and had been removed from my basket.

I then broke the order down into two parts, 2 t-shirts and a jacket and set them for collection from Liffey Valley. Both orders went through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

What browser did you use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,478 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

It is kids things too but this happens every time with their website, it's just crap. Even if you get an order in they're likely to cancel items later, they just don't seem to keep track of stock levels well at all

Caranica wrote: »
    What browser did you use?

Chrome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭lotmc

WELCOME10 gave me a 10% discount - I dont know if this can be combined with the other code (what I wanted wasn't included in the sale).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40 tbabit

Thanks for the code, got it to work eventually after using explorer, chrome wouldn't accept my credit card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

Such a poor sale, very limited colours & sizes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Icsics wrote: »
    Such a poor sale, very limited colours & sizes

The previews for sparks club members in the UK hoovers up a lot of the good stuff in advance unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

The previews for sparks club members in the UK hoovers up a lot of the good stuff in advance unfortunately.

Yes, but quite a limited sale, often just one colour on sale & usually 'out of stock'

Well after all the hassle of trying to order online I managed to get a few items. The hassle didn't stop there though. Went to collect them and they couldn't find it so was told to come back. Went and did some shopping and they had found one of the two. It seemed I wasn't alone either as a good few others were being told theirs couldn't be found. My phone number was taken and was told I'd be called when it was ready to collect. The next day I had no phone call, went around lunch and was given the second parcel.

Worth the hassle though as my two year old loved the few items I got her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Sesame

I browsed though sale items and nothing I wanted was in stock. Then went into a branch of m & s and shelves were full of exactly what I was looking at online.
    They are not going toast long if their stock control systems don't work and why advertise a sale if nothing is available?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Holysock

Sesame wrote: »
    I browsed though sale items and nothing I wanted was in stock. Then went into a branch of m & s and shelves were full of exactly what I was looking at online.
    They are not going toast long if their stock control systems don't work and why advertise a sale if nothing is available?

Had the exact same experience. A dress I'd had my eye on was completely sold out in all sizes in the online sale but went into the shop a few days later and almost every size was available in store!

Holysock wrote: »
    Had the exact same experience. A dress I'd had my eye on was completely sold out in all sizes in the online sale but went into the shop a few days later and almost every size was available in store!

Makes sense though.
    The reason for the sale is likely to clear seasonal stock.
    Sizes unavailable show it's done its job online in their warehouses.
    It just shows how the high Street stores are impacted by online shopping.

Advertisement