If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Center channel options

Options
  • 26-06-2019 9:55am

Hi,
    I've finally moved to a house with a decent shaped room for a wall mounted TV.
    I bought a a 5.1 tannoy set off you guys a few years back and I'm very happy with them but the center channel speaker is massive and I'mm afraid it'll look gack with my new wall mounted tv setup.

I also plan to add a motorised projector screen soon that would come down over the TV and the center channel.
    I'd have to keep the screen out to clear the current speaker.

What are my options on a slimmer speaker ?

AV receiver is an Onkyo NR-515 with Tannoy mercury (V4 i think )

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi,
    I've finally moved to a house with a decent shaped room for a wall mounted TV.
    I bought a a 5.1 tannoy set off you guys a few years back and I'm very happy with them but the center channel speaker is massive and I'mm afraid it'll look gack with my new wall mounted tv setup.

I also plan to add a motorised projector screen soon that would come down over the TV and the center channel.
    I'd have to keep the screen out to clear the current speaker.

What are my options on a slimmer speaker ?

AV receiver is an Onkyo NR-515 with Tannoy mercury (V4 i think )

Thanks
    Hi BrownFinger.

You could perhaps use the Monitor Audio Radius 200 priced at £199 - I could offer at £182.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-12548-monitor-audio-radius-200-black-black-single-centre.aspx

Or its bigger brother the Radius 225 coming in at £274.00 - £250.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-12551-monitor-audio-radius-225-black-black-single-speaker.aspx

Both these are slimline and would need very little clearance for the projector screen.

What size of screen are you interested in and I can see what we have available for you.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks Kenny,
    The Radius 225 looks the job at only 65mm deep.
    Do you have that in that in the wooden finish ?

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Thanks Kenny,
    The Radius 225 looks the job at only 65mm deep.
    Do you have that in that in the wooden finish ?
    Hi BrownFinger,

The Radius 225 is available in walnut.

Kind regards

David

Thanks,
    I pm'd dave .
    The projector and screen is a job for down the road!

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks,
    I pm'd dave .
    The projector and screen is a job for down the road!
    Cheers BrownFinger.

Will keep my eye out for your PM.

• Advertisement

Well after a week of hard graft I got the TV and speaker installed.
    Solid concrete wall so was a nightmare but worth the pain in the end.
    The monitor audio 225 is absolutely stunning looking and can't fault the sound either.
    Only problem is now I want more of them!!

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Well after a week of hard graft I got the TV and speaker installed.
    Solid concrete wall so was a nightmare but worth the pain in the end.
    The monitor audio 225 is absolutely stunning looking and can't fault the sound either.
    Only problem is now I want more of them!!
    Hi BrownFinger,

That's great news, glad to hear you go up and running! For compact speaker the Radius really can't be beaten.

If you need any more just drop me a post and I can work out a price for you!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.