Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Puma is back for 2019

Options
  • 26-06-2019 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭

Ford has unveiled it's new Ford Puma for 2019 and it's a small SUV this time!!!

It's will be a little bigger that the Fiesta, and should be on sale here before Christmas or early next year.

ford-puma-photos-officielles.jpg

ford-puma-rear-led.jpg?width=1024&height=682

Ford-Puma-SUV-interior-1-640x347.jpg
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

It's just ok looking. The front is very like the Kia Sportage. Almost bug eye look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Duane Dibbley

it looks like they just recycled the name as it has 0 resemblance to the previous Puma.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

Great to have a new sporty three door Ford again. No, wait a minute. Somebody posted picture of Kia Stonic here for some reason :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

ZiabR wrote: »
    It's just ok looking. The front is very like the Kia Sportage. Almost bug eye look.

A small "Kia Stortage" looking Ford, probably will sell very well so!!!

At least, it looks better that the Ecosport! :o

Ford Ireland are staying it will be available December 2019

https://www.ford.ie/cars/puma?vehicleNavCategory=all%20cars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Came here expecting some sporty 2 door revival of the Puma. Maybe something electric (maybe that was too far). Got another crossover. I guess there's little market for a real Puma revival here, and I would be money this will sell really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Rear looks a dead ringer for the Clio!

2019-Renault-Clio-V-RS-Line-4-630x365.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭patmahe

The first thought I read the title was, oh cool, I'd only been wondering the other day why cars like the puma/tigra/megane coupe don't exist anymore.

Then I saw the photo, this is a Puma in name only, its just another generic SUV.

When will this fad of lamping a 7/9inch screen into a dash as a last thought stop... There must be a designer out there that can combine the feature set of a screen with the rest of the dash in a more elegant way.... :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

The only way this could be worse is if Ford decide to make an ad with a digital version of Steve McQueen in it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Came here expecting some sporty 2 door revival of the Puma. Maybe something electric (maybe that was too far). Got another crossover. I guess there's little market for a real Puma revival here, and I would be money this will sell really well.

I dunno. I still see well kept pumas going about every now and then. There's still a desire for them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

The only way this could be worse is if Ford decide to make an ad with a digital version of Steve McQueen in it

That was with the cougar though?

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I think its great, much better than the crappy tiny 3-5 inch monochrome or bad colour displays that we used to get. Throw in AndroidAuto/ApplyPlay and you have a useful interface. I think its much better

dont get me wrong displays are great and useful, The inclusion for the most part is shocking. Audi A6 has the right idea with a pop up display

BrookieD wrote: »
    When will this fad of lamping a 7/9inch screen into a dash as a last thought stop... There must be a designer out there that can combine the feature set of a screen with the rest of the dash in a more elegant way.... :-(

It's still relatively a new idea and could require quite some work to redo those sections of the dash. Too low down takes focus off the road. BMW, merc and Mazda all seem to put them in the same place for a time. With Merc having recently changed the format of their dash. I wouldn't like a VAG implementation where the screen is very low down.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yawn. Knew what it would be even before I opened the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That was with the cougar though?

Nope, the Puma.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

My god. Dreadful.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Nope, the Puma.

It was the Puma ad

111770752_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

And it's bigger brother - the new Kuga:

5cace320b3ed10.45999561-558x372.jpg

2019_ford_kuga_dynamic_2.jpg?itok=zjMvLeB_

7501cb8bbc694cb0842246c337763d03.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

How many small suv varients does the car market need? Ford already have 1..

Seems like one very unspecial and unwanted addition. ..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

It looks terrible, i had the MK1 version in 1.7 VCT, i cried my eyes out watching it going to the crusher as she was corroded beyond repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

OSI wrote: »
    I like the placement of the central air vents. I always felt my crotch region was underserved by the climate control in modern cars.

The old Mitsubishis and maybe others had that specific "intercooler" vent under the steering column for the purpose.

Advertisement