Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation for a compact bike lock please

Options
  • 26-06-2019 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

Never needed a bike lock before on my spins as I always had a mate with me and one of us would mind the bikes while the other got the coffee/sausage roll/cake at the petrol station we stopped off at. However he's now working 24/7 and not available for coming out with me on a cycle and I feel uneasy about leaving three grand worth of bike sitting alone outside a shop if I fancy a quick, and what could be a verrrrry expensive coffee if it got nicked.

So would anyone have a recommendation for a small, compact and lightweight bike lock (that I could fit in a jersey pocket) that would protect the bike for a minute or two while I nip in for a takeaway coffee and a snack? Doesn't have to be bullet proof and really only a deterrent to stop someone quickly legging it with the bike. Thanks

Comments

Advertisement