Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google maps or Open street maps ?

Options
  • 26-06-2019 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭

I'm building a website and initially was going to use Google maps as part of a service that will be on my site, then I was looking at open street maps. Would it look unprofessional for me to use a free and probably not as optimized mapping system on my website ? It's free and thats a plus, if it works as good as google then even better.

I'm hearing all sorts of things about google maps, businesses being charged big money for an x amount of traffic. :confused: I am afraid to use the bloody thing in case I go over the threshold limit for traffic and get a big bill:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

The threshold for Google maps is quite large, you are very unlikely to have anywhere near enough api calls to get to a stage where you are charged unless you have a website with huge traffic.

Advertisement