Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitbit Warranty - Replacement not shipped

Options
  • 26-06-2019 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭

I bought a Fitbit in August last year in Argos, for just shy of €300.

It stopped working earlier this month - screen became unresponsive and eventually just went to a black screen.

I contact Fitbit as I am still under warranty, and they agreed to send me a replacement. 2 weeks later and the order still hasn't shipped, all they are saying is that they are sorry and that they are having issues with a supplier. I have been given no timeframe for resolution/delivery.

Getting very annoyed given the cost of the watch. Is there anything I can do to either force their hand on a replacement or a refund?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,582 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Why did you contact Fitbit? Your contract is with Argos as the retailer. Bring it back there with receipt and get a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi OP

you can wait it out with fitbit, or assuming you still have the defective item in your possession, you can return it to the point of sale, in this case argos.

so choices. PS argos have a great reputation for dealing well with returns, a quick scan of this forum will show they are good to deal with. you wuill have to present proof of purchase, so see if you can easily lay your hands on a credit card statement, or receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Thanks both.

Didn't think going back to Argos was a possibility considering its been ~ 10/11 months. But I'll do that, hope I can find the receipt (all I found so far was reservation confirmation which im sure isn't enough).

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Thanks both.

Didn't think going back to Argos was a possibility considering its been ~ 10/11 months. But I'll do that, hope I can find the receipt (all I found so far was reservation confirmation which im sure isn't enough).

Yes there is. They’ll replace it for you.

Advertisement