Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Augusta 2021

Options
  • 26-06-2019 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi All,

Anyone traveled to Augusta with a travel company they can recommend? A lot of money to fork out i want to go with someone reputable.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mayomairt

I was there in 2015.I somehow managed to be picked out of the official ballot & got 4 Monday practice day tickets.Personally I’d recommend taking in a practice day over a tournament day as you can bring in a camera & capture what is more than likely a once in a lifetime trip.All players will be there.You can get tickets from scalpers (touts) in the area for about $350-400 but increasing as the week progresses eg.Wednesday & the par 3 would be $1000 or so.The place is absolutely incredible.I was genuinely gobsmacked at the perfection of everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Beaulieu

Is it 2020 or 2021 you are looking at?
    I've done a good bit of research on going in 2020 without being successful in the ballot.
    PM me if you want more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭joebloggs123

If you use booking.com for accommodation you can book places with free cancellation before they get too expensive. Not much happening in augusta on the Sunday before masters week as I'm lead to believe it's a religious town. Practice days are great for having the opportunity to take photos and walk around the holes in a more relaxed fashion. Ive seen the trips organised advertised and thought that was the way to go but they were always very expensive. If i was going again id sort out my own flights and accommodation and buy tickets there. Only stay in augusta the nights you're going to be watching golf as theres not much else there. Also factor in the likelihood of thunderstorms, usually at least one day is a washout.

The place is incredible. If you see a massive queue at the merchandise tent dont worry as they move extremely quickly. Bring a camera as phones aren't allowed, can't think of anything else of note right now

• Registered Users Posts: 15,973 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Advertisement