Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peehs: The Video Game Version REVEAL Thread

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

The werewolf decision is right. I knew when I was giving that answer that it was wrong, but I don’t know any text based games.

osh wrote: »
    hqdefault.jpg

Being called out as a nerd in the forum games board is a whole new level of nerd :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Well done Mark!

Surprised London was such a popular GTA answer :D Thought I'd gone niche.

🤪

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Well I told ye I knew nothing about this subject and I was right. Bottom of the table from Q1 onwards - do I get the wooden spoon? :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Sure :)

Here ya go miamee

501996efddbb383c742fcd9017d7f4e5.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Yes!! Thanks Necro :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Baggly wrote: »
    I agree with Necro on the WW thing. Ive looked up definitions for text based games and for WW on wiki, and there is no alignment between them. Tough call, but fair.

I'm only messin in fairness

I was actually surprised at how many I could make a stab at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Green&Red wrote: »
    This is a blatant lie, if we were in WW I'd be lynching you, the greatest game of all time is Jonah Lomu Rugby, until you've seen your team move up the field like a bunch of sherman tanks you haven't lived

Thanks for running it Necro, Bowser Jnr really let me down, I was trying to be too smart.

BUT I definitely want a recount, I'm glad QB brought it up because it was outrageous that werewolf and codenames weren't allowed.
    You didn't ask for a video game, you asked for a computer game and look, here we are on our computers only using text.
    I'm refusing to acknowledge Electric Nitwits 13th place and Builebeags 14th place.

Outraged

giphy.gif

Its in the title.

What does first person shooter mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,775 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Thanks Necro. First I heard of these sheep/peehs games on boards was yesterday when I saw this thread in the "Latest Posts" section on the homepage :pac:. I've followed the forum and will be sure to enter more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Its a game where you have a gun to shoot people and your perspective is that of the first person.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

sKeith wrote: »
    Its in the title.

Checkmate

Necro wrote: »
    Question 5: Name a FPS (first-person shooter) game

Duke Nukem - 3
    quickbeam
    Ted_YNWA
    Zaph

Doom - 2
    Electric Nitwit
    wally79

Call of duty - 2
    bubblypop
    miamee

ACES - 1:

Quake - Pretzill
    duke nukem 3d - sKeith
    Duckhunt - BuileBeag
    call of duty: world at war - tusk
    Postal 2 - fixxxer
    Rainbow 6 - Kolido
    Perfect Dark - osh
    Aliens vs. Predator - Sabre0001
    GoldenEye - daheff
    Counter-Strike 1.6 - Rikand
    Bioshock - TheSkunk
    Resistance 2 - munster87
    Halo - Whiplashy
    Black - Mark Hamill
    Sin - TheValeyard
    Super Noahs Ark 3D - Mam of 4

INCORRECTS - 4.5:

Fortnite - Mollyb60
    GTA San Andreas - GreenAndRed
    Tomb Raider - Strawberry Milkshake

Lot of aces here. The leading pack amongst them including Mam with another gem :)

Surprised there wasn't more love for Goldeneye though.

Sorry Molly, Fortnite is a third-person shooting game :(

Lara Croft has a gun and shoots so isn’t tomb raider a first person shooter game?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Lara Croft has a gun and shoots so isn’t tomb raider a first person shooter game?

3rd person as the camera is above and behind her.

First person, as in "I am", is from the perspective of being that person, literally through their eyes.

Third person, as in "He/she is", is from the perspective of you watching the protagonist from an exterior position, like with Tomb Raider games.

Gotcha.

As you were, Necro. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,944 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Green&Red wrote: »
    I'm refusing to acknowledge Electric Nitwits 13th place and Builebeags 14th place

You can prise my 13th place from my cold, dead hands!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭daheff

i missed the reveal :(

looking at my score i didnt miss out... never in the running.

thanks necro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Only discovering life outside WW again.

OMG I came second :D Well done Mark and Vale!

Loved this topic and could definitely see it being possible to make loads more in the future, could make a video game edition and lure people in from the gaming forum and get them hooked :)

Skyrim answers killed me!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

TheSkunk wrote:
    Loved this topic and could definitely see it being possible to make loads more in the future, could make a video game edition and lure people in from the gaming forum and get them hooked

On the list of ones I plan to run after holidays is an Alphabet Sheep version maybe :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Well done guys. Thanks necro that was great craic. San Andreas you scumbag.

Awwww the morning after the day before feeling.

Thanks for a great game mods. Sorry to MrKingsley and Green for making them dead :(

How the hell did I miss Ewan and his Mindy stuff and why did nobody else notice it till the end?

Poops lol

I’m leaving that post. Come join a werewolf game, Sheeples!

Escobar19 wrote: »
    Werewolf mullarkey that keeps trending on Boards is?

Yeah, Pablo. You might read it and go, wtf? But it really is crazy fun if you’re part of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Escobar19 wrote: »
    Werewolf mullarkey that keeps trending on Boards is?

Get in on it man. Best worst time you'll ever have. And you'll never leave!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Fun reading back on that. Thanks Necro!

Well done to the top three! Was initially disappointed with my finish, but after two consecutive Wooden Spoons, I'll take it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Learned a valuable lesson from this game, I don’t play enough video games! Finally going to update from my Xbox 360 :D

Advertisement