Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone

• 26-06-2019 9:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭

Now that Talk to Vodafone has shut down, is there anywhere else to discuss their customer "service" on Boards.
    Apologies if this is in the wrong place. Feel free to move or delete.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Niallfitz1

I'm with Vodafone. And I found out I got scammed I told them a d they said theres nothing they can do

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

Worst provider EVER. Second time we waited home to get a botch job they did on our house repaired and surprise, surprise they were a no-show again today. What absolute disrespect for their customers. First time they 'forgot' allegedly and today they just didn't bother their ar$es telling us they weren't coming. Horrendous. Avoid Vodafone broadband and TV like the plague

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

Worst provider EVER. Second time we waited home to get a botch job they did on our house repaired and surprise, surprise they were a no-show again today. What absolute disrespect for their customers. First time they 'forgot' allegedly and today they just didn't bother their ar$es telling us they weren't coming. Horrendous. Avoid Vodafone broadband and TV like the plague

I have just moved from Vodfone to Digiweb.
    Their customer service is excellent.

I had a problem with the landline side since connection 12 months ago. Have been calling , and contacting voda on boards (now gone off wonder why!) .
    Did the following on their instructions--changed handset, new router ,

they then got their technical people to look into problem further but still no cure.

Problem still present when I ported out. Move to Digiweb problem gone.

• Company Representative Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Digiweb

yrreg0850 wrote: »
    I have just moved from Vodfone to Digiweb.
    Their customer service is excellent.

I had a problem with the landline side since connection 12 months ago. Have been calling , and contacting voda on boards (now gone off wonder why!) .
    Did the following on their instructions--changed handset, new router ,

they then got their technical people to look into problem further but still no cure.

Problem still present when I ported out. Move to Digiweb problem gone.

Great to get this feedback :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭apophis32

Having changed to digiweb about 6 months ago i would advice caution, i was promised the same speed's i was used to get (75 down ) with VF , but unfortunately that has NEVER been the case, i am constantly getting anywhere fron 10 - 15% LESS speed. After 3 calls to digiweb ( 1 lasting 45 minute's) there was no improvement.
    However a higher class modem was mentioned IF i wished to pay for it. So effectively they want me to pay extra for a problem NOT of my making which they Can't fix, and even then i was told there were no "guarantees of a fix".
    I'm strongly considering paying to get out of contract ( €50 ) and going back to ( sigh ) Vodafone to get my full speeds.
    thats my experience so far : ( , not a happy Customer.

apophis32

apophis32 wrote: »
    Having changed to digiweb about 6 months ago i would advice caution, i was promised the same speed's i was used to get (75 down ) with VF , but unfortunately that has NEVER been the case, i am constantly getting anywhere fron 10 - 15% LESS speed. After 3 calls to digiweb ( 1 lasting 45 minute's) there was no improvement.
    However a higher class modem was mentioned IF i wished to pay for it. So effectively they want me to pay extra for a problem NOT of my making which they Can't fix, and even then i was told there were no "guarantees of a fix".
    I'm strongly considering paying to get out of contract ( €50 ) and going back to ( sigh ) Vodafone to get my full speeds.
    thats my experience so far : ( , not a happy Customer.

apophis32

Hi, sorry to hear this. send us a PM with your accounbt number and we'll look into this right away

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭apophis32

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭iggy82

With Digiweb 1 year now and have the say their customer service is excellent - my SIRO installation was delayed and they provided me with a temporary solution for a few weeks as i had already cancelled my Broadband.

Their staff really went the extra mile to get me up and running - never had an issue with Eir so cannot comment but miles ahead of my experience with Sky.

Only issue i have is when my contract is up i will probably have to move to get a better rate - would prefer to stay but like all providers offers only appear for new customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Juran

I am so frustrated - unable to communicate with Vodafone about changing contract and unlocking the phone
    I went to carphone warehouse yesterday (vodafone reps) - they told me to call Vodafone.
    I called this morning - automated service, tried to request a call back for today, every time I selected was not possible.
    I went online, saw i could change my contract. After 24 month, I changed my contract on line (reduced tariff as I have phone paid off).
    Then I requested a NAC code to unlock my phone. But since I changed contract only 5 mins before that, the system told me I have to be minimum 12 months into my [new] contract to obtain a NAC code. I should I have requested the code before I changed the contract, but I didn't think, and also I would never have thought the contract change was registered so quickly.
    I went onto 'live chat'. Took 30 mins for someone to start chatting. I can inform all, pointless to contact them to chat, They are in a call center other side of the world and have zero authorization or ability to do anything, they can only point you back to the online services. I don't think he understood the issue I had. I had to give up on that. I have wasted my morning. I think for travelling abroad, I will buy a cheap unlocked phone at this stage. I have been with vodafone (previously eircell) for 20 years, bill pay, direct debit, never missed a payment. And this is the customer service, appalling. I would change networks but I travel a lot abroad (EU and outsdie EU) and I can use vodafone in every country, while friends and colleagues have issues with some other networks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Elainekr

Vodafone customer service is an absolute joke, I first made contact with them on Sept 4th looking for proof of purchase of my phone, 2 weeks and multiple pointless phone calls later and I'm still no closer to getting it, each phone call I seem to start from scratch, total crowd of idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ac2000

I’m having major issues with Vodafone customer service. Recently signed up to their broadband tv package with an offer of free Huawai Y6 and speaker, terms stated phone will be delivered within 21 days after connection. I have been in contact with customer service 3 times in relation to this offer and 3 times I’m told my query has been escalated and I will be contact within 48 hours, not once has anyone from Vodafone contacted me. I even asked for a complaints reference number which they refused to give me, so I can even put in a complaint. The customer service is absolutely disgraceful. Why does Vodafone have an offer that they can’t honour? As soon as I can I will move all my services away from Vodafone, and let all my family, friends, work colleagues etc, know how bad they are!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭thebourke

i would agree regards vodaphone customer service..trying to change name of the contract for the last 3 months and still getting nowehere...the excuses they come up would make you laugh...email not working...vodaphone customer care system down...asking for iban when i already have sent on bank details!!!1they never call back...stay away from these clowns..i am going to cancel now and go with a new provider..

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Phaedrus1

Vodafone billed me for one and a half gigs of data that 'allegedly' taken down by my phone in the middle of the night as I slept and my phone was using my home _ Vodafone _ WiFi ! And when I asked how to identify this data and its source they had no idea. So it could happen again tonight -- yep ! I just left them -- lifes too short. Vodafone support / nw are no better than Eir so why pay extra ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Phaedrus1 wrote: »
    Vodafone billed me for one and a half gigs of data that 'allegedly' taken down by my phone in the middle of the night as I slept and my phone was using my home _ Vodafone _ WiFi ! And when I asked how to identify this data and its source they had no idea. So it could happen again tonight -- yep ! I just left them -- lifes too short. Vodafone support / nw are no better than Eir so why pay extra ?

Their support has really gone bad. It takes an age to get through and fight the various walls of resisting letting you talk to an agent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

I cancelled my account with them last month , I even paid a fee to leave early and received my final account .
    I now have got a bill for -€10 , I assume that is a refund.
    Does anybody know hoe I can obtain this.
    There does not seem to be any way for an EX customer can contact them.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭illingworth22

Digiweb wrote: »
    Great to get this feedback :)

If I have a Vodafone Siro account, out of contract, can I switch to Digiweb? If the answer is yes what are the costs involved (I have the Fibre to the House)?

If I have a Vodafone Siro account, out of contract, can I switch to Digiweb? If the answer is yes what are the costs involved (I have the Fibre to the House)?

Sent you a PM :)

Advertisement