Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Investigates programme on greyhound racing industry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I got the joke! Still though that dog could have mange... it probably best that he wasn't out in public when he could infect others. Irresponsible tut tut
    I agree. Shouldn't even be touched by humans without special gloves.

Any dog i looked after with mange was completely isolated until it was gone.

We had to wear special gloves to touch them.

Discodog wrote: »
    That's copied from an IGB report - I even gave you the link. They are the IGB/ICC figures not mine.

Ok well you still told me that.

And you are going with IGB figures for unaccounted for dogs. So what am I to think?

You are not being consistent.

Do you trust all of their figures or not? Or is simply you want to use them when it satisfies you?
    You should apologise for deliberately mis quoting me.

I didn't quote you. I screenshot your actual post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,900 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I got the joke! Still though that dog could have mange... it probably best that he wasn't out in public when he could infect others. Irresponsible tut tut

Careful. That's close to extremist talk ;)

Careful. That's close to extremist talk ;)
    Its not nearly extreme enough if the dog actually has mange the dog should be in quarantine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

And you are going with IGB figures for unaccounted for dogs. So what am I to think?

Do you trust all of their figures or not? Or is simply you want to use them when it satisfies you?

I didn't quote you. I screenshot your actual quote.

IGB figures are only about dogs self reported as put down. If a dog is injured or maimed at the track and subsequently put down you can't hide it. If you kill and don't report it just goes into the black hole with the rest of them. All those knackeries and dodgy vets do you think it's reported?

• Advertisement

I didn't quote you. I screenshot your actual quote.

I don't trust them & I don't believe them. They desperately wouldn't of wanted to post that unaccounted for figure but were forced to. The deaths figure is the tiny number of dogs that were notified. The man going to the Knacker doesn't tell the ICC/IGB neither does the man who shoots the dogs & cuts their ears off.

I doubt the man in the UK, who was found with 10,000 dead Greyhounds, notified them either.

strandroad wrote: »
    IGB figures are only about dogs self reported as put down. If a dog is injured or maimed at the track and subsequently put down you can't hide it. If you kill and don't report it just goes into the black hole with the rest of them.

Those were the figures discodog was going on and gave me. Don't tell me. I didn't post them.

By the way animal welfare reports say about 400 greyhounds a year are put down.

THAT was the figure I gave to him.

I don't trust them & I don't believe them. They desperately wouldn't of wanted to post that unaccounted for figure but were forced to. The deaths figure is the tiny number of dogs that were notified. The man going to the Knacker doesn't tell the ICC/IGB neither does the man who shoots the dogs & cuts their ears off.

I doubt the man in the UK, who was found with 10,000 dead Greyhounds, notified them either.
    Then why were you practically RAMMING their figures down my throat earlier?

By the way animal welfare reports say about 400 greyhounds a year are put down.

THAT was the figure I gave to him.

In pounds. Not off the books.
    It's 400 too many anyway.

Then why were you practically RAMMING their figures down my throat earlier?

I am nor ever will be (hopefully) anywhere near your throat.

• Advertisement

I agree.

However I have come to the logical conclusion that Discodog hasn't a clue of how many greyhounds are unaccounted for or put down each year. None that i can have faith in anyway.

I don't think anyone else knows either.

I am nor ever will be (hopefully) anywhere near your throat.

You hate me because why?

I care about greyhounds but not as much as you?

You know you are extreme when you hate someone who is just slightly more moderate about their animal rights view than you are.

Do you realize how nuts that seems?

When i point out things i don't like about racing TO racers they just listen and talk.

I point out things to activists they really just HATE you.

They can't talk etc.

You can't even be normal with moderates. I mean you HATE moderate animal lovers.

that isn't normal its an extremist.

In pounds. Not off the books.

Exactly & that has stopped. Not because of any caring for the dogs but because pressure from the LA's made them show the Greyhound figures separately. It embarrassed the hell out of the IGB.

The new problem will be how they get rid of unwanted dogs as the killing options decrease. They used the Pounds as it was cheaper than the Vet.

I can imagine a lot of owners arranging for private, quiet killing. There will be people who will kill the dogs for €20 a time.

I agree.

However I have come to the logical conclusion that Discodog hasn't a clue of how many greyhounds are unaccounted for or put down each year. None that i can have faith in anyway.

I don't think anyone else knows either.

The best we have is the report, broadly in line with what known, and we can triangulate with what we hear on the ground. IGB doesn't want you to know any real figures, the estimates are bad enough for them. It's thousands and thousands anyway. I don't need to know it down to decimal points to protest against such barbaric setup.

Any decent small time owners are free to leave and start an amateur league with no betting.

You hate me because why?

You know you are extreme when you hate someone who is just slightly more moderate about their animal rights view than you are.

When i point out things i don't like about racing TO racers they just listen and talk.

They can't talk etc.

You can't even be normal with moderates. I mean you HATE moderate animal lovers.

This is really getting silly now. I am not going to "feed" you.

The best we have is the report, broadly in line with what known, and we can triangulate with what we hear on the ground. IGB doesn't want you to know any real figures, the estimates are bad enough for them. It's thousands and thousands anyway. I don't need to know it down to decimal points to protest against such barbaric setup.

Any decent small time owners are free to leave and start an amateur league with no betting.

I doubt it can be in the thousands there aren't even that many greyhounds at the racetracks.

I am not trying to be difficult but where are they coming from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,628 ✭✭✭jackboy

Its not nearly extreme enough if the dog actually has mange the dog should be in quarantine.

It’s not mange.

You hate me because why?

They can't talk etc.

No one said hate? This thread is clearly destabilising you massively.

This is really getting silly now. I am not going to "feed" you.
    Maybe you should stop posting in this thread. Or put me on ignore I am putting you on ignore.

No one said hate? This thread is clearly destabilising you massively.
    Did you see what he posted?

Hopefully I will never be near your throat? I mean who speaks like that? Does that kind of language not indicate hate to you? It does to me.

He made other posts about me in another thread.

Its despicable.

• Advertisement

And it's the fact that it's been the same for decades. People have been protesting, campaigning & revealing the situation for so many years. We've heard so many promises, new schemes, help for rescues etc etc etc yet still thousands of dogs die - sorry disappear without a trace.

Then they wonder why we aren't more friendly & open to change.

Did you see what he posted?

Hopefully I will never be near your throat? I mean who speaks like that? Does that kind of language not indicate hate to you? It does to me.

He made other posts about me in another thread.

Its despicable.

I really think you should step away for a while, your reactions are erratic. You said "rammed down your throat" yourself that's just a reply. There is no hate.

jackboy wrote: »
    It’s not mange.

I can't say. I don't know dogs well enough. I do know mange needs total quarantine though.

And even Sunnybunny said the other dog was underweight.

But then discodog just seemed to make fun of that fact and laugh at it.

I can't say. I don't know dogs well enough. I do know mange needs total quarantine though.

Snuggles has a new name - I like it.

I really think you should step away for a while, your reactions are erratic. You said "rammed down your throat" yourself that's just a reply. There is no hate.

BS he is on ignore now there is no need to discuss him further.

I think the main divide is people who want racing banned totally and other sports too probably and those who want to see it reformed.

A lot of people think any kind of greyhound racing no matter how its done is immoral.

A lot of people IN the greyhound racing industry don't want to admit they account for a huge burden on animal rescues.

Neither of them are being moderate.

It's all extremes from the people who castigate extremists. Anyone who knows the atrocities committed by the Industry would find it hard not to hate. I could never be an Inspector. But we have to remain calm, collected & not give anything for the Pro racers to latch on to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,628 ✭✭✭jackboy

It is quite common for racing greyhounds to lose hair on their back legs, it doesn’t mean there are health issues. From the picture there does not seem to be inflammation or skin issues with the dog.

BS he is on ignore now there is no need to discuss him further.

I think the main divide is people who want racing banned totally and other sports too probably and those who want to see it reformed.

A lot of people think any kind of greyhound racing no matter how its done is immoral.

A lot of people IN the greyhound racing industry don't want to admit they account for a huge burden on animal rescues]

Some of us have been promised reform for decades & it never happens. So why should we trust in reform now ?

I would like to ask the animal rights activists.

Why do you call yourselves anti racing?

Is there any kind of greyhound racing you would support? What would that look like?

• Advertisement

I would like to ask the animal rights activists.

Why do you call yourselves anti racing?

Is there any kind of greyhound racing you would support? What would that look like?

I suggest you ask on their websites. There aren't any here

Advertisement