Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Investigates programme on greyhound racing industry

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

The great crowd inside the stadium were treated to a great nights racing.

Did the dog Ballymac Syd win?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

As I already said it was an hour or so before the first race and there was only a fraction of the 300 protesters you claim to have been there,present at the time.30-40 people at the very most shouting personal abuse at race goers.so much for a peaceful protest eh?

Seen this on the Facebuke, looks like a lot more than 30-40 to me. Then again, some of you folk think 6,000 is nothing.

https://www.facebook.com/212791988756522/posts/2414598605242505/
    https://www.facebook.com/463547953760768/posts/2421801827935361/

klaaaz wrote: »
    Funny Mary. The people in period costume mourning style for the thousands of greyhounds slaughtered every year for sport were Dubs, unless Dubs have Scottish accents now? :rolleyes:

Most of the 300 dogs rights protesters were there on both sides of the street when punters were entering at the time of 6pm, they stayed during the heavy rain showers as well. The Gardai drafted in a few extra resources on top of the Gardai already stationed around the entrance to help manage the crowds as well as to ensure that there was no aggression from the racers.

According to the SAGE Facebook, they came over from Scotland. As I already said, theirs was a dignified, peaceful, silent protest. Unlike the other unpeaceful noisemakers.

The Gardai were there to keep the peace. They don’t take sides.

Did the dog Ballymac Syd win?

As you know, the dog died of a suspected heart attack. As did my father. While gardening. Should we ban this hobby too?

As for us women not going to the dogs, you really need go to specsavers. Or maybe we need overhaul our wardrobes! I might just spend some of my winnings on a new outfit!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

There was a maximum of 30 or 40 people there with an hour to go before racing started.happy out they were shouting abuse at innocent people and children going above their business in private.
    The first good shower of rain and they scurried off home.
    Not one of them to be seen after the meeting.
    The same protesters wouldn’t know the difference between a greyhound and a cat if it wasn’t for the rte program.where were they before it aired?a little knowledge from one source is a dangerous thing apparently

• Advertisement

Seen this on the Facebuke, looks like a lot more than 30-40 to me. Then again, some of you folk think 6,000 is nothing.

https://www.facebook.com/212791988756522/posts/2414598605242505/
    https://www.facebook.com/463547953760768/posts/2421801827935361/

You may keep your Facebook. I was there and saw the small crowd of protesters and they now claiming to be 300.about a tenth of that that turned up and the rain wasn’t long with sorting them.
    A waste of resources having the gardai out there

According to the SAGE Facebook, they came over from Scotland. As I already said, theirs was a dignified, peaceful, silent protest. Unlike the other unpeaceful noisemakers.

The Gardai were there to keep the peace. They don’t take sides.

That was not SAGE in the costumes, seeing as you spy on dog's rights FB pages. SAGE did send a massive total of 5 people over for Derby day which you conveniently "forgot" to say as they mentioned it on their FB , 5 people out of 300!! (Hint: SAGE were across the road from the costume people.)
    As you know, the dog died of a suspected heart attack. As did my father. While gardening. Should we ban this hobby too? !

Did your father die running for his life to win a race for gamblers? Probably not. That YOUNG 2 year old dog had a heart attack at that very young age, no autopsy carried out which is very suspiciously convenient. No drugs involved at all of course :rolleyes:

There was a maximum of 30 or 40 people there with an hour to go before racing started.happy out they were shouting abuse at innocent people and children going above their business in private.
    The first good shower of rain and they scurried off home.
    Not one of them to be seen after the meeting.

Denial and lies. At least the racers didn't assault any female protesters this time round, plenty of Gardai offered protection.
    You may keep your Facebook. I was there and saw the small crowd of protesters and they now claiming to be 300.about a tenth of that that turned up and the rain wasn’t long with sorting them.

Denial of the truth again, no surprise from racers who only want to protect their ill gotten euro's at the expense of killing dogs. Looks like you weren't there after all, other posters can see that video and you've been shown up for your mistruths.

Are you claiming this is a CGI video clip? lol
    How do you know they left because of the rain if you were inside?

That was not SAGE in the costumes, seeing as you spy on dog's rights FB pages. SAGE did send a massive total of 5 people over for Derby day which you conveniently "forgot" to say as they mentioned it on their FB , 5 people out of 300!! (Hint: SAGE were across the road from the costume people.)

Did your father die running for his life to win a race for gamblers? Probably not. That YOUNG 2 year old dog had a heart attack at that very young age, no autopsy carried out which is very suspiciously convenient. No drugs involved at all of course :rolleyes:

Their caption was as misleading as your estimate of protesters!

• Advertisement

Denial and lies. At least the racers didn't assault any female protesters this time round, plenty of Gardai offered protection.

Denial of the truth again, no surprise from racers who only want to protect their ill gotten euro's at the expense of killing dogs. Looks like you weren't there after all, other posters can see that video and you've been shown up for your mistruths.

You make it up as you go along like the rest of the pot bangers.
    As I’ve told you several times now there was a maximum of 30 or 40 people there an hour before the first race thoroughly enjoying themselves shouting personal abuse at innocent people on their way to a race meet.anyone else who actually attended will confirm this. You have claimed several hundred of protesters to attend and the majority of race goers to be male both of which are wrong.
    Will the same 30 or 40 be in cheltenham or aintree for the horse racing.will they fcuk.
    They would need a one sided documentary from rte on horse racing before their eyes might be opened for them.
    We had a great nights racing and will definitely return to Shelbourne Park.top class entertainment in a top class facility.well done to all involved.

You make it up as you go along like the rest of the pot bangers.
    As I’ve told you several times now there was a maximum of 30 or 40 people there an hour before the first race thoroughly enjoying themselves shouting personal abuse at innocent people on their way to a race meet.anyone else who actually attended will confirm this. You have claimed several hundred of protesters to attend and the majority of race goers to be male both of which are wrong.
    Will the same 30 or 40 be in cheltenham or aintree for the horse racing.will they fcuk.
    They would need a one sided documentary from rte on horse racing before their eyes might be opened for them.
    We had a great nights racing and will definitely return to Shelbourne Park.top class entertainment in a top class facility.well done to all involved.

You've been caught out with your misleading claim, the video of the protest which you refuse to watch says you're factually wrong. Yes, racers shouting abuse at innocent protesters who have a democratic right to protest is indeed wrong. And yes again, the vast majority of attendees at dog racing are male no matter what track is mentioned, that evidence is even from the track's own publicised photography nevermind the protesters!

You've been caught out with your misleading claim, the video of the protest which you refuse to watch says you're factually wrong. Yes, racers shouting abuse at innocent protesters who have a democratic right to protest is indeed wrong. And yes again, the vast majority of attendees at dog racing are male no matter what track is mentioned, that evidence is even from the track's own publicised photography nevermind the protesters!

The racers I saw passing through the protest sat night didn’t bat an eyelid while the pot bangers hurled abuse at them.it didn’t affect attendance one bit. The stand was absolutely packed with as many people again inside in the bar with the weather poor.all ages male and female.
    A great night had by all.
    Not one pot banger to be seen after the meet.
    A big hello to the people who printed the i love my pet greyhound signs in the stadium and many thanks to the people with the retired greyhound on show in the entrance to the bars and stands.great to see

The racers I saw passing through the protest sat night didn’t bat an eyelid while the pot bangers hurled abuse at them.it didn’t affect attendance one bit. The stand was absolutely packed with as many people again inside in the bar with the weather poor.all ages male and female.
    Not one pot banger to be seen after the meet.
    A big hello to the people who printed the i love my pet greyhound signs in the stadium and many thanks to the people with the retired greyhound on show in the entrance to the bars and stands.great to see

It wasn't even a sellout, still tickets available on the website and at the entrance even very late on. Only your own racing pot banger crowd turned up for one day of the year which means the whole dog racing system thankfully will collapse.

Pity there was no remembrance for the thousands of dogs slaughtered every year for being too slow to win a race.

Cocaine all around, or just for the dogs?

Cocaine all around, or just for the dogs?

It’s funny it’s always just the protesters side of things that feel the need to keep mentioning drugs.
    A great night of food,drinks,gambling and merriment among friends was had by all.
    What a time to be alive.
    Any harm in asking what are you’re thoughts on Margaret cash buying a foal for her sons 9 year old birthday and keeping it in the back garden of a council semi detached house?
    That could be a job for the pot bangers to protest while ye wait for the fox hunting to get going again

It’s funny it’s always just the protesters side of things that feel the need to keep mentioning drugs.
    A great night of food,drinks,gambling and merriment among friends was had by all.
    What a time to be alive.
    Any harm in asking what are you’re thoughts on Margaret cash buying a foal for her sons 9 year old birthday and keeping it in the back garden of a council semi detached house?
    That could be a job for the pot bangers to protest while ye wait for the fox hunting to get going again
    Ad hominem as usual :rolleyes:

It wasn't even a sellout, still tickets available on the website and at the entrance even very late on. Only your own racing pot banger crowd turned up for one day of the year which means the whole dog racing system thankfully will collapse.

Pity there was no remembrance for the thousands of dogs slaughtered every year for being too slow to win a race.

Ticket touts will always try to make a few bob. They attend all major sporting events. Same as pickpockets.
    Thousands of dogs are NOT slaughtered every year. There are races for every grade and distance of greyhound.

What a time to be alive.

In the interests of fairness, he’s 11 next Birthday.

Yes, a great nights racing. Great company and a fuller purse leaving than coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,483 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Thousands of dogs are NOT slaughtered every year. There are races for every grade and distance of greyhound.

Who knows what the numbers are. Certainly not the IGB. But, we've belabored this, either you believe the IGB's weak numbers, or you don't and pass it off to 'maybe we'll get better numbers just as soon as they're logged.' All we have is opinions and weak data from the IGB, despite their ample compensation and ring-fenced money.

• Advertisement

Even the “slow” ones?;)

Even the “slow” ones?;)

Yes. You’ll find all grades here. https://www.igb.ie/racing/grading-rules/

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

What?

You obviously didn't look around you or can't count or you arrived too early or too late. Lots of personal abuse from a nasty element of racers.

Interestingly, the majority of the protesters were female yet the majority of the racers are male(surprise surprise). Those nasty racers amongst your flock have a problem with women, god knows what they do to their dogs the poor canines :(

Suffering ****.

I seen them outside the track a few times with their pink/blue /green hair. And 20 facial piercings. And their stupid placards.

Imagine giving a **** about what someone like that thinks about anything.

Yes.

So RTÉ is wrong in their investigation and 5000+ dogs aren’t killed every year and some randomer on the interweb is right- is that what you’re saying?

Suffering ****.

I seen them outside the track a few times with their pink/blue /green hair. And 20 facial piercings. And their stupid placards.

So you don't like anyone who dyes their hair, gotcha!

Not nearly as much as I hate hypocrites who think killing a baby is a good idea but a dog stretching his legs and running around in a circle is cruelty.

Not nearly as much as I hate hypocrites who think killing a baby is a good idea but a dog stretching his legs and running around in a circle is cruelty.

Oh, you're one of them who don't like women having control over their own bodies.

Oh, you're one of them who don't like women having control over their own bodies.

I said nothing of the sort.

And you're a hypocrite who thinks killing a child is fine but a dog going around in circles is cruel.

There's always some sort of silly agenda at the back of these things with you people.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Suffering ****.

Imagine giving a **** about what someone like that thinks about anything.[/QUOTE

Suffering ****.

I'd prefer the demonstrators with dyed hair who care about innocent animals. Any day over the old bald men with red faces trying to get a few Bob for beer by mistreating innocent animals.

• Advertisement

I'd prefer the demonstrators with dyed hair who care about innocent animals. Any day over the old bald men with red faces trying to get a few Bob for beer by mistreating innocent animals.

That'll be a very specific minority of people at the greyhound racing then.

> old
    > bald
    > male
    > red faced
    > trying to get a few bob for beer
    > mistreats innocent animals

I know a lot of greyhound owners actually. None are bald. Or have red faces. Or mistreat animals. They all take a pint so. I'm sure they exist but anyhow.

Advertisement