Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Investigates programme on greyhound racing industry

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

I said nothing of the sort.

And you're a hypocrite who thinks killing a child is fine but a dog going around in circles is cruel.

There's always some sort of silly agenda at the back of these things with you people.

No child is killed, however thousands of dogs are killed per year for sport.

Who are "you people"?

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

klaaaz wrote: »

Who are "you people"?

Defenceless children are killed because of other people's selfishness and degeneracy.

I knew it. Utter and complete hypocrites.

Every one of "you people" sing from the same hymn sheet.

You've already thrown out the woman hating crap.

Defenceless children are killed because of other people's selfishness and degeneracy.

I knew it. Utter and complete hypocrites.

Every one of "you people" sing from the same hymn sheet.

You've already thrown out the woman hating crap.

Do similar racers like you share the same view?

Do similar racers like you share the same view?

I'd suggest asking them the next time you're angrily waving your placard around outside the track.

Who are "you people"?

Thousands of dogs are not killed every year. Nor do they have their ears cut off. Nor are they boiled alive in Ireland. Nor pumped full of EPO.

• Advertisement

Thousands of dogs are not killed every year. Nor do they have their ears cut off. Nor are they boiled alive in Ireland. Nor pumped full of EPO.

Exactly.

There were legitimate issues highlighted in that program that I understand are being addressed.

These people hate rural Ireland and how we live. They're as bad as the politicians trying to cram everyone into concrete boxes in cities and have us all living on a vegan diet and flat whites.

But it's the hypocrisy I can't stand above anything else.

I won't be lectured on the rights and wrongs of a dog running around in circles by someone who thinks killing a baby is OK.

xckjoo wrote: »
    WTF are you smoking??

Cmon man. I'm sure you consider yourself smart.

Surely you can do better than trotting out some inane cliché.

You sound like you're unhinged with posts like that. Is that better?

Not really no.

You sound like one of these braindead libs that post inane one liners hoping that someone with better linguistic skills will pick up your point and argue it on your behalf. Because you haven't the capacity to do it yourself.

No point wasting time rolling in sh** with pigs. You just both end up covered in it.

That doesn't even make sense.

Are you trying to derail the thread into something to do with pigs? Are you trying to have it closed by the mods?

Do you have a problem with pigs? Is it a religious thing? Are you kosher or something?

Very odd comment to make.

No point wasting time rolling in sh** with pigs. You just both end up covered in it.

Like I said above. Dopey one liners because you've absolutely nothing of substance to contribute, lacking the intellectual capacity to do so.

Why don't you let one of your more coherent lib mates do your arguing for you.

• Advertisement

These people hate rural Ireland and how we live. They're as bad as the politicians trying to cram everyone into concrete boxes in cities and have us all living on a vegan diet and flat whites.

But it's the hypocrisy I can't stand above anything else.

I won't be lectured on the rights and wrongs of a dog running around in circles by someone who thinks killing a baby is OK.

Rural Ireland voted in their droves to remove the Eighth Amendment and to give women their rights.

Back to dog killing, 500 plus dogs have died on Irish tracks since 2015. very dangerous circles they run in for their life.

Rural Ireland voted in their droves to remove the Eighth Amendment and to give women their rights.

Back to dog killing, 500 plus dogs have died on Irish tracks since 2015. very dangerous circles they run in for their life.

The rights to kill a defenceless baby.

Hypocrite.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

Thee were over 700 horse deaths in the same period, and there have been well over 6000 horses a year either culled or sent to France for meat, yet not one of the people on here looking for greyhounds to be banned have called for a ban on horse racing, hypocrisy of the highest order.

The rights to kill a defenceless baby.

Hypocrite.

Please don't bring the eight amendment into this they are two separate issues.

Please don't bring the eight amendment into this they are two separate issues.

Correct.

As are the horse deaths you've mentioned above.

I refuse to take morality lessons regarding animal cruelty from people who support abortion.

Of many of the greyhound protesters do seemingly.

Leaving abortion aside, how many people have died doing their hobbies? Or simply driving along the road? Should all these activities be banned?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Leaving abortion aside, how many people have died doing their hobbies? Or simply driving along the road? Should all these activities be banned?
    Total non sequitur. Dogs aren't doing this as a hobby. It's not the owners that are suffering due to poor treatment. And we ban and restrict things that are harmful to people all the time.

Are those hobbies subsidised by the taxpayer? Animals are live beings and suffer/die for "sport", cars are not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭begsbyOnaTrain

I've been to greyhound events a few times (all to do with work outtings) and it's just awful imo. It feels gritty, the trainers/owners look like they couldn't give less of a **** about the dogs and the whole thing feels so rigged.

Are those hobbies subsidised by the taxpayer? Animals are live beings and suffer/die for "sport", cars are not.

Spoken without the slightest trace of irony.

Speaking of things that result in death and are funded by the taxpayer...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Thee were over 700 horse deaths in the same period, and there have been well over 6000 horses a year either culled or sent to France for meat, yet not one of the people on here looking for greyhounds to be banned have called for a ban on horse racing, hypocrisy of the highest order.

That is textbook Whataboutism.

Nobody is calling for it because it's not relevant. I'm sure most who want Greyhound racing banned after seeing that program would also want Horse Racing banned if it was brought to light in a similar fashion.

"Yeah sure this is bad but WHAT ABOUT THIS WHY DON'T YOU DO SOMETHING ON THIS TOO EH?!?!?"

Cina wrote: »

Nobody is calling for it because it's not relevant. I'm sure most who want Greyhound racing banned after seeing that program would also want Horse Racing banned if it was brought to light in a similar fashion.

"Yeah sure this is bad but WHAT ABOUT THIS WHY DON'T YOU DO SOMETHING ON THIS TOO EH?!?!?"

Of course it's relevant, it's animals racing, not one of the posters here have called for a ban on horse racing even when showed to them that there are more horses culled each year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

Spoken without the slightest trace of irony.

Speaking of things that result in death and are funded by the taxpayer...

Are you like this in real life, bringing abortion into conversations that have nothing to do with it?

Random Person: "Would you like a cup of tea RuralDweller56?"

RuralDweller56: "And what about all the dead babies that'll never have tea?!!!!!! I refuse to take tea from someone who supports abortion."

Cina wrote: »

The trouble is that program was a tissue of lies. Apart from the dogs killed in knackeries. Lies about dogs with ears mutilated when they can actually be identified by Microchips or DNA. Lies about Widespread abuse of EPO. Lies about illegal coursing. Lies about dogs being boiled alive or clubbed to death in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,483 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Total non sequitur. Dogs aren't doing this as a hobby. It's not the owners that are suffering due to poor treatment. And we ban and restrict things that are harmful to people all the time.

In fact, the dogs are produced to support a gambling hobby (an addictive, harmful practice that costs society huge money). The dog doesn't get a vote.

Further, it still seems like Coursing is ongoing despite the rabbit disease that's running around. Shameful, coursing is an awful blood sport that should be banned.

I foster for a rescue and they are currently desperate for foster homes for all the ex-racers they're now being landed with.

If you're reading this and want to do something, consider fostering a greyhound while they find a home. They're lovely, quiet, and very low-maintenance as dogs go.

Maryanne - as I've said before, I still think the dogs are over-produced. As you suggested, I contacted the ICC weeks ago and have received no response on how many dogs are bred in more recent years. Traceability, accountability, and mandatory responsibility for a dog over it's lifetime if the person has bred it would do a lot to make me feel better.

Igotadose wrote: »
    In fact, the dogs are produced to support a gambling hobby (an addictive, harmful practice that costs society huge money). The dog doesn't get a vote.

Further, it still seems like Coursing is ongoing despite the rabbit disease that's running around. Shameful, coursing is an awful blood sport that should be banned.

Coursing isn't ongoing as licence has been suspended while virus is being investigated

Choc Chip wrote: »
    Are you like this in real life, bringing abortion into conversations that have nothing to do with it?

Random Person: "Would you like a cup of tea RuralDweller56?"

RuralDweller56: "And what about all the dead babies that'll never have tea?!!!!!! I refuse to take tea from someone who supports abortion."

Greyhound owner's dog, greyhound owners choice. No kennel, no opinion.

So I can't have an opinion on greyhound owning because I don't have a kennel?

I do have a foster greyhound, but I guess that's not enough. No one should have an opinion on what another person does with their own property.

BUT... you can have an opinion on someone else's womb.

Sterling logic.

Btw, the two aren't connected and that's the last I'll talk about the 8th on this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,483 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Then, no tax subsidy either. Fine by me.

Otherwise, as we didn't vote on the law subsidizing this hobby, let's have a referendum on whether or not to continue the subsidy.

Advertisement