Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Investigates programme on greyhound racing industry

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

anewme wrote: »
    Just a quick note to the people here involved in dog rescue and animal rescue.

Thank you so much for all you do for the animals.

The people who deal some of the lowest in society, animal abusers and pick up the pieces.

Thank you.
    Thank you from me as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

klaaaz wrote: »
    Info from your leaders in IGB. You're the waffler who refuses to watch video evidence as it exposes your cluelessness.

I don’t need to be looking at videos of pot bangers. I was there and saw it in real time.it was pathetic and I’d say if the final was on again this Saturday even less than 30-40 protesters would attend.
    The ones I saw had that spent look about them.it must be tiring shouting aloud about something you haven’t a clue about.rebels without a cause. The same ones protest fox hunting and wouldn’t know a fox from a pine marten.
    Were you there Saturday?
    And if you were there did you attend in the knowledge that the capacity for Shelbourne Park was 400 which you have stated and is wrong.
    Were ye clapping each other on the back seeing that tickets were left over so not even 400 attended according to yourself, all of which is wrong
    All of what you are basing your opinions on are wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

I suggest you get someone to go and apply to adopt a poor little doggie. They might get a shock at how much they are expected to pay for the privilege!

An adult dog will be spayed/neutered, vaccinated and microchipped.

I had a greyhound neutered last week - €90. A spay would be more expensive.

Microchip and vacs cost €50.

The adoption fee for adult dogs at the rescue he's registered with is €140.

I've paid for his food myself, walked him, wormed and treated him for fleas at my own expense. If he'd needed additional veterinary treatment that would have been more again, but the rescue would not adjust the rehoming fee.

Tell me again how adoption fees are excessive?

xckjoo wrote: »
    I've done it personally already thanks. Twice. Two different rescues. Don't think the donation exceeded what it would have cost to get them their shots, chipped and neutered. Neither dog was with the rescue for more than a few days but hopefully they added a bit extra to cover costs of housing and feeding. And the gold crowns the staff were all walking around wearing.... :pac:

So neither dog was in their care for more than a few days but yet they had time to get them vaccinated,neutered and microchipped.
    How convenient.
    Numbers aren’t a strong point among the pot bangers it seems

So neither dog was in their care for more than a few days but yet they had time to get them vaccinated,neutered and microchipped.
    How convenient.
    Numbers aren’t a strong point among the pot bangers it seems

Technically it's possible if a vet has visited the pound and vac whilst in pound so card was present. Dog overstayed, was pulled by rescue a few weeks later. 2nd vacs given, neuter and microchip. Stitches removed by own vet 10 days later.

Wouldn't be common though.

• Advertisement

Choc Chip wrote: »
    Technically it's possible if a vet has visited the pound and vac whilst in pound so card was present. Dog overstayed, was pulled by rescue a few weeks later. 2nd vacs given, neuter and microchip. Stitches removed by own vet 10 days later.

Wouldn't be common though.

There’s people on here pulling made up figures out of the sky to suit their own agenda.its pathetic.
    Not a chance was 2 separate dogs in 2 separate charity rescues for a couple of days and had time to be vaccinated,chipped and neutered.
    It’s fairytale stuff.

There’s people on here pulling made up figures out of the sky to suit their own agenda.its pathetic.
    Not a chance was 2 separate dogs in 2 separate charity rescues for a couple of days and had time to be vaccinated,chipped and neutered.
    It’s fairytale stuff.

Sure look at my figures then. They're about 3 posts up and they are from last week.

An adult dog will be spayed/neutered, vaccinated and microchipped.

I had a greyhound neutered last week - €90. A spay would be more expensive.

Microchip and vacs cost €50.

The adoption fee for adult dogs at the rescue he's registered with is €140.

I've paid for his food myself, walked him, wormed and treated him for fleas at my own expense. If he'd needed additional veterinary treatment that would have been more again, but the rescue would not adjust the rehoming fee.

Tell me again how adoption fees are excessive?

All greyhounds are microchipped by law.
    IGB pay €50 towards neutering.
    Vaccinations done at time of neutering €20 max.

All greyhounds are microchipped by law.
    IGB pay €50 towards neutering.
    Vaccinations done at time of neutering €20 max.

Only if they're rehomed through the IGB. Most aren't 'cos owners don't want to keep them while the IGB finds them a home (this is required to be rehomed through the IGB).

If you find them dumped or they're dropped into rescue without vacc cards then you have to go through the whole thing again. And my figures are what I paid. Take it up with my vet if you don't like his fees. Just a consult is normally €35 but I had this waived.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,483 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Only if they're rehomed through the IGB. Most aren't 'cos owners don't want to keep them while the IGB finds them a home (this is required to be rehomed through the IGB).

If you find them dumped or they're dropped into rescue without vacc cards then you have to go through the whole thing again. And my figures are what I paid. Take it up with my vet if you don't like his fees. Just a consult is normally €35 but I had this waived.

The pro-racing contingent don't care. Get us all angry at the IGB, but don't take their drug away. IGB's a convenient target, being a shower of incompetence. Ban live export of greyhounds, ban coursing, see if the noble breeder contingent doesn't suddenly shape up (or winnow down to those that actually might give a rats about more than money.)

• Advertisement

They don’t have to be rehoused by IGB for this allowance. Just one of their approved vets used, one that doesn’t add a zero when they see a rescue coming.

They don’t have to be rehoused by IGB for this allowance. Just one of their approved vets used, one that doesn’t add a zero when they see a rescue coming.

Their website says: "Owners will be required to keep their greyhounds until a suitable home is found in Ireland or until a suitable transport date is arranged if the greyhound is being rehomed by a European Rehoming Agency "

I'm actually related to my vet so if he was adding extra zeros, Christmas would be awkward.

It shows the thought process with the pot bangers when they are ranting and raving about a subject they haven’t a clue about.
    400 they thought would fill Shelbourne Park and they patting each other on the back thinking less than 400 attended the derby final night.pathetic. The same ones then estimating the protesters size in the 300’s.absoloutely clueless.
    As a pot banger would shout in the face of an innocent law abiding person,
    Shame,shame,shame on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭anewme

It shows the thought process with the pot bangers when they are ranting and raving about a subject they haven’t a clue about.
    400 they thought would fill Shelbourne Park and they patting each other on the back thinking less than 400 attended the derby final night.pathetic. The same ones then estimating the protesters size in the 300’s.absoloutely clueless.
    As a pot banger would shout in the face of an innocent law abiding person,
    Shame,shame,shame on you.

WTF is a pot banger?

You keep referring to a pot Banger. Is it a greyhound racing term. Ive never heard it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

anewme wrote: »
    WTF is a pot banger?

You keep referring to a pot Banger. Is it a greyhound racing term. Ive never heard it before.

They the pro-racers are potty mad at being rattled in their dog killing adventures!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

It’s fairytale stuff.
    And reality doesn't seem to be your strong point buddy. You're filling in blanks with whatever makes you feel most victimised.

We fostered them nearly immediately so they weren't in the rescue centre long (2nd guy was less than 24hrs, first guy was a bit longer). They were then vaccinated, chipped and neutered at our own vets but at the rescue centres expense (they both have an account with them, we never saw a bill or paid a cent). When we decided we were keeping them, we paid the adoption fee. First crowd never even came looking for the fee and we had to chase them to pay it.

Is that okay? Not exactly the fantasy you came up with or the money grubbing rescue centres others have tried to paint a picture of.

klaaaz wrote: »
    They the pro-racers are potty mad at being rattled in their dog killing adventures!

You can’t even get basic facts like a stadium capacity correct.typical pot banger.
    You should be ashamed of yourself.does that sound familiar?
    The wafflers have been found out today.
    Pathetic.
    Rebels without a cause half of them.
    They wouldn’t know a sight hound from a cat

And reality doesn't seem to be your strong point buddy. You're filling in blanks with whatever makes you feel most victimised.

We fostered them nearly immediately so they weren't in the rescue centre long (2nd guy was less than 24hrs, first guy was a bit longer). They were then vaccinated, chipped and neutered at our own vets but at the rescue centres expense (they both have an account with them, we never saw a bill or paid a cent). When we decided we were keeping them, we paid the adoption fee. First crowd never even came looking for the fee and we had to chase them to pay it.

Is that okay? Not exactly the fantasy you came up with or the money grubbing rescue centres others have tried to paint a picture of.

So there was no home check involved ensuring the safety and welfare of the dogs?
    Just given out straight away so as not to hold up a place in the rescue is it?
    Seems very lax.
    No dogs are rehomed here that fast.
    You pick the dog you want and it is reserved in your name pending home inspection to see if you are actually suitable to provide the care needed for the dog.
    Not a chance of getting a dog from rescue here in 24 hours chipped vaccinated and neutered and rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

So there was no home check involved ensuring the safety and welfare of the dogs?
    Seems very lax.
    You pick the dog you want and it is reserved in your name pending home inspection to see if you are actually suitable to provide the care needed for the dog.
    Not a chance of getting a dog from rescue here in 24 hours chipped vaccinated and neutered and rightly so.

Re-read what they said instead of picking holes in it over nothing. They are already registered foster carers with this rescue. They initially fostered the dogs, which is done straight away in a lot of cases.

Fair play to xckjoo for looking after dogs dumped because of the racing industry.

Seems very lax.

We already had relationships with the rescue centres. House was already inspected and we'd already fostered other dogs before keeping the two we did.

Is there anything else you'd like to know or are you done trying to nit-pick your way out of the fallacies of your beliefs?

• Advertisement

You can’t even get basic facts like a stadium capacity correct.typical pot banger.
    You should be ashamed of yourself.does that sound familiar?
    The wafflers have been found out today.
    Pathetic.
    Rebels without a cause half of them.
    They wouldn’t know a sight hound from a cat
    Yup. You sure have

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

Yup. You sure have

No you are

We already had relationships with the rescue centres. House was already inspected and we'd already fostered other dogs before keeping the two we did.

Is there anything else you'd like to know or are you done trying to nit-pick your way out of the fallacies of your beliefs?

What are your thoughts on pot bangers on here for weeks waffling on about a subject they clearly know very little about,while getting very basic information like race attendance and stadium capacity wrong?

Ahh. Volunteers. Anything that saves them money!

If you’re involved in the Greyhound industry they certainly wouldn’t want you as their spokesperson right now, that’s for sure- you’re probably doing more to confirm in peoples minds that getting rid of the industry is a good thing because you’re not at all listening to what genuine people have to say about dog shelters and the amount of Greyhounds they have to deal with - but keep living in fantasy land if that’s what you want to believe but don’t expect us to join you there

?

I concur with this post as it’s my experience also- for the uninitiated, the clue is in the word “foster” ;) - but the idiots out to look for a fight are happy to ignore such things to suit their own agenda

What are your thoughts on pot bangers on here for weeks waffling on about a subject they clearly know very little about,while getting very basic information like race attendance and stadium capacity wrong?

You did not answer my question in the first place?

WT absolute F is a pot banger?

Is it people who smoke pot?

You mention it in almost every post you have.

Is it a person who is speaking out following the exposure of the horrible way animals are treated in Ireland.

In that case, there are a lot of pot bangers.

You seem to keep trying to use it as a derogatory term, but its making your posts read weirdly.

I concur with this post as it’s my experience also- for the uninitiated, the clue is in the word “foster” ;) - but the idiots out to look for a fight are happy to ignore such things to suit their own agenda

The word used in the original post was actually adopt.
    Foster does not feature in the original post.
    Reread it yourself.
    Idiots he says.ha
    As a pot banger would say shame on you

Could it be a person who uses punctuation and spacing in their writing?

The word used in the original post was actually adopt.
    Foster does not feature in the original post.
    Reread it yourself.
    Idiots he says.ha
    As a pot banger would say shame on you

They said “fostered” on this page and you still argued with them- but hey, I can see you’re just interested in a fight, not the truth so I’ll ignore your posts and you’ll just disappear and become irrelevant

• Advertisement

I've only noticed you, klaaaz and Maryanne going back and forth about numbers and ye have all been active on this thread for months. No idea who's right about the numbers and don't really care. It's meaningless nit picking that doesn't help the discussion about abuse within the greyhound racing industry and if it's possible to reform.

Advertisement