Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Honda HISS key

Options
  • 27-06-2019 6:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Misplaced keys at home somewhere (Old Age) Honda Hiss Key. I have a spare, but would like to get one cut! Anyone have experience on getting one made, read a few threads here, but it seems to be for older bikes.. thks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

The process I followed for making a replacement key for my old 02 CBR600 was to buy a genuine Honda key blank from David Silvers Spares website, bring it to a locksmith and have it cut to match my existing key and then bring it to a bike shop to have it coded to the bike. You could ask your local locksmith as many places are now able to supply the blanks, cut them and code them all in one go.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

As long as you have a spare your ok but loose that and your shagged
    Locksmith can't code the keys as they are programmed from the ecu with a programmer
    I bought my own one a few years ago and they are easy to use
    Google Honda hiss programmer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

mamax wrote: »
    As long as you have a spare your ok but loose that and your shagged
    Locksmith can't code the keys as they are programmed from the ecu with a programmer
    I bought my own one a few years ago and they are easy to use
    Google Honda hiss programmer

If you have the spare, even if it's broken, any of the newer locksmiths have the ability to code them. the Lock Doctor in Galway can, and has done about 5 for me. I'm sure there are others.

Not sure where OP is based, but Lock Doctor is a nationwide chain so would have branches around the place. I've also had car keys similarly reverse-coded by Autokey in Dublin.

Anything one man can do..........another can reverse-engineer.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭LLewellen Farquarson

Also, the hiss (on my transalp 700) can only take a maximum of 4 keys, including originals. After that it's stuffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

I had a HISS key copied in Autokey at new lands cross, I didn't shop around much, which is something I would usually do. They were convenient for me and the price was in line with everywhere else. Was done in a couple of minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

galwaytt wrote: »
    If you have the spare, even if it's broken, any of the newer locksmiths have the ability to code them. the Lock Doctor in Galway can, and has done about 5 for me. I'm sure there are others.

Not sure where OP is based, but Lock Doctor is a nationwide chain so would have branches around the place. I've also had car keys similarly reverse-coded by Autokey in Dublin.

Anything one man can do..........another can reverse-engineer.

At the time I couldn't find anyone to do mine hence the reason for buying the programmer
    Another good reason is you can code your own keys any time especially after buying a 2nd hand Honda that means a previous owner can't come back and ride away your bike as each time you program keys directly from the ecu the code changes, but good to know they can at least be copied

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭MikeOis

mamax wrote: »
    At the time I couldn't find anyone to do mine hence the reason for buying the programmer
    Another good reason is you can code your own keys any time especially after buying a 2nd hand Honda that means a previous owner can't come back and ride away your bike as each time you program keys directly from the ecu the code changes, but good to know they can at least be copied

Clever! Never thought of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭MikeOis

zubair wrote: »
    I had a HISS key copied in Autokey at new lands cross, I didn't shop around much, which is something I would usually do. They were convenient for me and the price was in line with everywhere else. Was done in a couple of minutes.

Thanks for the reply! Good to hear I can get it done (known my luck, I will get a new key cut and find the original keys I lost)

Would you mind me asking how much did you for the key to be cut? (I'm based in Limerick)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

MikeOis wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply! Good to hear I can get it done (known my luck, I will get a new key cut and find the original keys I lost)

Would you mind me asking how much did you for the key to be cut? (I'm based in Limerick)

I think it was 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭CorkCBR6

MikeOis wrote: »
    Misplaced keys at home somewhere (Old Age) Honda Hiss Key. I have a spare, but would like to get one cut! Anyone have experience on getting one made, read a few threads here, but it seems to be for older bikes.. thks.

Ordered blanks with Chips off eBay for half nothing, got them cut in my local cobbler and brought them to my local Honda dealer in Cork.

Honda charged €40 to program and said they'll do however many I have for that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭worded

Pls excuse opening an old thread but I'm in a related situation

I've 1 working honda Hiss key and two genuine blanks I ordered from a Honda dealer.

Is there any difference getting a Honda dealership to code them versus a lock Smith

Interesting that all 3 keys can be given new codes so any old keys that the previous owners have won't work anymore. That's a bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Easy to make the loom for coding, I did one for my Deau recently enough.
    Took about 30 mins to make the loom and about 20 to code the key after a few tries.

Advertisement