Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTF? AIB credit cards no longer have 24 hour customer support

• 27-06-2019 7:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭

My card is being declined but they no longer offer 24 hour support. I have to wait until their office opens at 8 AM.

Does anyone know when this was introduced? Seems almost unbelievable.

Comments

Why? It's seems reasonable to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Up until very recently they had 24 hour support.

So if your card is declined (they regulalrly decline my card for "fraud") you can ring them and get them to approve the payment.

Now I'm in a restaurant having to wait until 8 AM to get them to approve the payment...

This would be fine if it was once in a blue moon but I regularly need to call them about them blocking my card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

I found AIB much less likely to block my card than ptsb. I'd recommend never relying on only 1 card particularly when abroad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Mr.S wrote: »
    Do they have your correct mobile number? Any suspected fraudulent charges are verified by text now.

Yeah they have my correct number. They only sometimes send the texts though. I've complained about it a few times and even received an apology letter from them, but I still have the same problem...

Advertisement