If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on clearance item.

Options
  • 27-06-2019 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

CD6006,

What's the best price I can be given today for the Clearance black Marantz cd6006? I am VIP too!!  A price in Euro preferred.

It says in the description, it is in 'good' condition, has it been used? Is there a 'big' difference between this and the non UK version, what is your quick opinion on that?

Thx,
    Thomas.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

parasomnia wrote: »
    CD6006,

What's the best price I can be given today for the Clearance black Marantz cd6006? I am VIP too!!  A price in Euro preferred.

It says in the description, it is in 'good' condition, has it been used? Is there a 'big' difference between this and the non UK version, what is your quick opinion on that?

Thx,
    Thomas.
    Hi parasomnia,

The best price I can do on that clearance CD6006UK would be £259 or 299 euro.

The unit itself has been used but only briefly as the customer changed his mind and the unit is boxed as new. There is a good bit of difference between this and the old model. The basic components have been upgraded so the power delivery is much cleaner and the DAC is much better so it's a much more detailed and smoother sound than the old CD6006.

Let me know you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭parasomnia

Hi David,

Thx for your reply. 259 GBP isn't 299 Euro by today's ex rate but I know I can buy in sterling on the site but what about shipping?

From my understanding in the info I found out unless I am mistaken both the DAC's from the cd6006 non uk and uk models are identical (Cirrus Logic CS4398) as is 95% of everything else, the uk model has power upgrade adjustments and capacitor tuning (so I am told). The difference you describe maybe from the cd6005 to 6006?

thx,
    Thomas.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi David,

Thx for your reply. 259 GBP isn't 299 Euro by today's ex rate but I know I can buy in sterling on the site but what about shipping?

From my understanding in the info I found out unless I am mistaken both the DAC's from the cd6006 non uk and uk models are identical (Cirrus Logic CS4398) as is 95% of everything else, the uk model has power upgrade adjustments and capacitor tuning (so I am told). The difference you describe maybe from the cd6005 to 6006?

thx,
    Thomas.
    Hi Parasomina.

Our Euro pricing is not a direct conversion of the sterling and you are free to pay in which ever currency works out to be cheapest for yourself.
    Our instore Euro rate can be different to the base rate and you would need to check your bank to see what exchange rate they would give you as they never ever offer the same rate as listed on websites like XE.com

If purchasing in sterling vioa .ie there is a charge of £6.99 for shipping.

Both the CD6006 and the CD6006 SE use the CS4394 DAC as you say.
    The difference is down to the Power supply used and upgraded capacitors.

Any questions please let me know.

Hello,

Thanks, but no free shipping, I'll pass.

regards,

Thomas.

Hello,

Thanks, but no free shipping, I'll pass.

regards,

Thomas.
    Hi Thomas.

Delivery is charged at £6.99 on all sterling transactions via our .ie website.

We try our best to offer free shipping when we can to Boardies but unfortunately the margin on this clearance item does not allow for free shipping as at the £259 price the CD6006 SE is already discounted by £90.

Let us know if we can help in any way in future.

• Advertisement

Okay, I understand,

thanks for your replies guys,

cheers,
    Thomas.

Okay, I understand,

thanks for your replies guys,

cheers,
    Thomas.
    No problem at all Parasomnia.

If we can help in any way in future please let us know.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.