Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MTB 29x2.10 Tyre Recommendations

Options
  • 27-06-2019 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭

I have a Michelin Country Race’R 29x2.10 and the the middle of the tire is almost flat compared to the front

I am looking at
    • Budget enough tire,as don't do much cycling
    • Mostly concrete/road, but would like one that can do grass/muck etc if need be
    • Would like to keep it chunky as seems to help with punctures crap roads etc, but then an wondering is it making it harder to get going etc, so maybe in middle
    • Suppose keep the same size thats on it, again not sure if would make any difference

The nephew did recommend Schwalbe Marathon Plus and have seen a few post about them, also heard a lot about Nobby Nic

Oh and using tubes as I have a few there with that puncture gel stuff and knowing my luck if I went tubeless would go wrong

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭crosswords

The nobby nic is really a race tyre and will wear out fast.

Something like this would be good for your type of riding

https://www.wtb.com/products/nano

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

crosswords wrote: »
    The nobby nic is really a race tyre and will wear out fast.

Something like this would be good for your type of riding

https://www.wtb.com/products/nano

Would you say over E60 for a tyre would be a budget brand? To me budget would be E20 up, but new to buying these things

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭crosswords

Or this would work also

https://www.bike24.com/p216466.html

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭paul mountainbike

I use a Conti Trail King on my 29 er hard tail . relatively fast but still grippy enough too on trails n gravel alike.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I have Schwalbe Rapid Rob on the front and a Tough Tom on the rear (or vice versa) They were the tyres that the bike came spec’d with so I’ve always replaced them with like for like. I get good mileage from them. The first set lasted me almost 3000kms and that was approx 60/40 Tarmac/gravel use. They’re not that expensive either.

• Advertisement

I ordered a Maxxis CrossMark this morning after waiting between here and Reddit

But least I know for the front when it goes, which may be soon

Thanks

crosswords wrote: »

Arrived and fitted today (4th time lucky, this directional fitting is all new to me :( ) , just a quick spin, but could feel the difference in speed etc, ill be back to you for when the front goes :cool:

Thanks again for the recommendation

Advertisement