Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange issue with sound card

Options
  • 27-06-2019 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

So I have a very peculiar issue with a sound card I'm hoping someone might have an idea on.

I have a Soundblaster ZXR. The really strange thing is that after a few months, it completely stops working with whatever speaker set I'm currently using.

At a random point, it'll just issue nothing but white noise from whatever speaker set is connected, but a) it will work fine with another speaker set and b) the speaker set in question will work fine on another PC.

This is literally the strangest problem I've ever encountered. Any ideas?

I've now gone through 3 sets of high-end speakers in 6 months - all now issue nothing but white noise when connected to the ZXR, but all work seperately on another PC....and connecting a fresh set to the ZXR works fine. :confused:

Comments

Advertisement