Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrical damage after drain cleaning?

Options
  • 27-06-2019 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi all - bit of a strange one, but my RCD tripped while I was having my drain cleared this week. It went off while they were jetting the drain (under the house)

The boiler switch is causing the issue. I arranged to have the boiler fixed, and was told it was not causing the issue. Then I called an electrician, who checked everything else on the circuit, and couldn't isolate the problem.

Could the cleaning have damaged something? They used a remote generator, so it's hard to see how. The electrician said the only option now was to run a new wire through the attic.

I also have some neighbours across having electrical work done, but I doubt that would have any impact either.

Any advice on what to do next would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Did the electrician change the RCD? I'd check that first.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭tropple

alan4cult wrote: »
    Did the electrician change the RCD? I'd check that first.

Nope, he pressed the test button and everything shut off. Is that enough to check if it's the issue?

Advertisement