If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yet another sound bar query

Options
  • 27-06-2019 3:46pm

hi there

looking to get a sounbar/sub, have it (i think) narrowed down to these two
    current setup : 
    TV : Sony 50wf663 , it has two HDMI ports only (1 arc)..
    looking to connect a Sony blu ray player and Apple TV , (1 to soundbar , 1 direct to tv)
    Currently i have Logitech z632 and really like the full sound off it, its full and loud without blowing out the windows. I also listen to a good shot of music thru the tv. 

Due to room re-org i need to change and wireless sub is the only way i think can do this.
    i sit around 9-10 ft from it and its medium sized room.

Reason for these two is that both these soundbars have 2 HDMI ports and arc. which means i wont be having to deal with HDMI switches or unplugging cables when changing sources etc.

i see from previous posts ye recommend the Yamaha a good bit depending on the price range people are asking.

I suppose what i'm asking is the Sony bar worth the extra over the Yamaha, i see lots of people saying bars are an improvement over the tvs speakers, but tbh , i haven't heard tv speakers in years as i always connected some sort of external speakers usually some computer set. would just want it to be good full sound.

are my expectations way off or would you have an opinion on it either way,

thanks for taking the time to read this, its a bit long winded i know.:confused:

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

hi there

looking to get a sounbar/sub, have it (i think) narrowed down to these two [*]

current setup : 
    TV : Sony 50wf663 , it has two HDMI ports only (1 arc)..
    looking to connect a Sony blu ray player and Apple TV , (1 to soundbar , 1 direct to tv)
    Currently i have Logitech z632 and really like the full sound off it, its full and loud without blowing out the windows. I also listen to a good shot of music thru the tv. 

Due to room re-org i need to change and wireless sub is the only way i think can do this.
    i sit around 9-10 ft from it and its medium sized room.

Reason for these two is that both these soundbars have 2 HDMI ports and arc. which means i wont be having to deal with HDMI switches or unplugging cables when changing sources etc.

i see from previous posts ye recommend the Yamaha a good bit depending on the price range people are asking.

I suppose what i'm asking is the Sony bar worth the extra over the Yamaha, i see lots of people saying bars are an improvement over the tvs speakers, but tbh , i haven't heard tv speakers in years as i always connected some sort of external speakers usually some computer set. would just want it to be good full sound.

are my expectations way off or would you have an opinion on it either way,

thanks for taking the time to read this, its a bit long winded i know.:confused:
    [*]
    Hi Lethean,

I do think the Sony HTXF9000 would be the better buy to be honest. As it's the Atmos bar it does a much better job of filling out a room than the YAS207. The YAS207 is the best bar at that price range but the HTXF9000 is a good step up from it. As TVs get thinner and thinner the sound gets a bit worse so any soundbar connected to it should be an improvement but I would definitely look at the Atmos soundbars as they do a better job with the virtual surround.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

thats all i need to know, thanks for getting back to me.
    i suppose i was heading towards the sony anyway, you've just confirmed it.

just wondering if there is any scope for movement on that price or if it would be possible to thrown in a hi-speed hdmi cable as from what i can see none is included in the box.

also , from what i understand, it's free delivery if i pay in €, is that right?
    what would be the delivery time to Cork?

thanks again

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi David,

thats all i need to know, thanks for getting back to me.
    i suppose i was heading towards the sony anyway, you've just confirmed it.

just wondering if there is any scope for movement on that price or if it would be possible to thrown in a hi-speed hdmi cable as from what i can see none is included in the box.

also , from what i understand, it's free delivery if i pay in €, is that right?
    what would be the delivery time to Cork?

thanks again
    Hi Lethean.

Unfortunately I have no further movement on the 419 Euro price.
    I couldn't throw in the HDMi cables free but could offer the AudioQues Pearl 1m HDM for 20 Euro rather than 25.95 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200471-audioquest-pearl-hdmi-1m-hdmi-lead.aspx

We currently have the 9000 in stock both here at out store and our main warehouse so delivery would take no longer than 2-3 working days.
    Delivery is included in all our Euro pricing and there are no other delivery charges to pay at checkout.

Let me know your thoughts.

Hi Kenny,

that great thanks,, no harm in asking :) thanks the for the discount on the cable.

how will i go about ordering this?, is there a phone number or can i complete the process online, if online how then would i get the discount on the cable,,

thanks again

Hi Kenny,

that great thanks,, no harm in asking :) thanks the for the discount on the cable.

how will i go about ordering this?, is there a phone number or can i complete the process online, if online how then would i get the discount on the cable,,

thanks again
    Hi Lethean.

You can drop us your contact number in a PM and we can give you a call for the order.

Or if you order online at full price then i can refund any difference owed back to you for the discounted cables.

• Advertisement

hi lads,
    sent phone number thru PM there,
    tried completing online but the verified by visa ain't playing ball

hi lads,
    sent phone number thru PM there,
    tried completing online but the verified by visa ain't playing ball
    Hi Lethean.

We will drop you a call ASAP.

thanks lads for the call back today.
    looking forward to receiving it now :)

thanks lads for the call back today.
    looking forward to receiving it now :)
    Cheers for the order Lethean.

I've dropped you a PM with your tracking details.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Molzer2

Hi OP, just wondering are you happy with your soundbar?

• Advertisement

Molzer2 wrote: »
    Hi OP, just wondering are you happy with your soundbar?

Hi Molzer2,

First impressions, after a week with it.
    I think the sound is fantastic. I was nervous that the sound wouldn’t be full/loud without peaking/ muffled bass etc, , (had an experience with a different soundbar a few years ago that left a bad taste.) but it sounds awesome. Have the sub behind my sofa and I get a right cinema effect with it, a fairly good rumble on the bass without it losing definition. It can go ridiculously loud or quiet and still maintain good quality sound.

Dolby Atmos wise, I've only watched bits of 1 film with Atmos thru AppleTV, but to be honest I didn’t find that much of a surround experience with it. It’s definitely great clear sound. Having said that, I think I’m concentrating on the sound too much atm, will have a better idea over time.

Took me a bit to get my head around the controls, but ok now. Mostly just using the Auto/Cinema/Music modes. didn't like the others. Great being able to adjust the subwoofer separately when changing different formats etc.

1 down side, and I’m not sure if it’s the soundbar or the tv (Sony kdl50wf663) I’m connected to.
    Bear with me on this. Have it connected via ARC so there’s just the one 1 hdmi-in on the soundbar, if I connect an Apple TV or Blu-Ray to that soundbar port, then all is good. .
    But, since it’s only 1 input, I have to connect the other device to the hdmi port on the tv, and this pass thru device is running into lip sync problems. No matter if it’s the ATV or the Blu-ray. Have tried everything online, they all mention audio delay etc, buts it’s the video that needs to be delayed. I’m not sure if it’s the pass thru on the tv is causing the lip sync but to me it looks like it is, but I'm no expert on this stuff. Maybe if some one else has this they can chime in, maybe the RicherSounds guys if they see this.
    I haven’t tried the optical yet, and I might try another tv in the future.
    when I had my Logitech Z623 2.1 setup connected via analog there was no sync issues. Update. : ive just realied it has analogue input, ill try it over next day or two to see if its an ARC problem

Of course, this comes with a disclaimer that I could also be doing something wrong, but I can't see what it could be at the moment anyway.

Lip sync for TV is grand too.

Once you aware of the input limitations , and tbh it doesn’t bother me as I don’t have much, I think it’s absolutely fantastic.
    I’ve been listening to lots of music on it also and it’s brilliant , loud , clear , good bass. One thing on the bass , it can get very loud but is always very tight and packs a good punch.

If there’s anything else specific let me know and I’ll try answer it.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Molzer2

Brilliant thanks for the detailed reply, glad your enjoying it.

Molzer2

Just an update on this.
    I tried the analog and optical and another tv, but had audio sync issues also
    Unfortunately I’m having to return the item.
    The audio sync issue has become a real problem unfortunately. No matter the source , even the tv, which I initially thought was ok, but once the new purchase buzz wore off i noticed it more.
    The sound off it was brilliant and it pains me to have to return it but the sync issue is too much,

Back to my ****ty sounding ( compared to the soundbar) analogue Logitech speakers. On the plus side, no more sync issues.

Molzer2

Just an update on this.
    The audio sync issue has become a real problem unfortunately. No matter the source , even the tv, which I initially thought was ok, but once the new purchase buzz wore off i noticed it more.
    The sound off it was brilliant and it pains me to have to return it but the sync issue is too much,

Back to my ****ty sounding ( compared to the soundbar) analogue Logitech speakers. On the plus side, no more sync issues.
    Hi Lethean.

Sorry to hear you are not happy with your purchase.

This is the first on this soundbar that we have had any sync issues.
    Did you try adjusting the sound delay on any of the products to correct the lip sync?

If you repackage the bar in its original packaging and make sure to include ALL accessories that came with it.
    You can then return it to us here at:
    Richersounds
    7 Smithfield Square North
    Belfast
    CO. Antrim
    BT1 1FN
    Please also in the box include a little sheet of paper with your name and address so it can be traced back to your account.

Please ensure then the unit is correct packed to a void and damage on its return as we can not be held responsible for any damage caused in the transport back to us.

Once its back with us we will give it a quick test over and then drop you a call.

Any questions please let me know.

Molzer2

Just an update on this.

Hi Lethean.

Did you try adjusting the sound delay on any of the products to correct the lip sync?

If you repackage the bar in its original packaging and make sure to include ALL accessories that came with it.
    Richersounds
    Belfast
    CO. Antrim
    BT1 1FN
    Please also in the box include a little sheet of paper with your name and address so it can be traced back to your account.

Please ensure then the unit is correct packed to a void and damage on its return as we can not be held responsible for any damage caused in the transport back to us.

Once its back with us we will give it a quick test over and then drop you a call.

Hi lads, i sent a dm before seeing this.
    Yea, i tired absolutely everything on this, delay on the soundbar , tv, bluray etc, reset sound settings muiltiple times on all devices, changed to pcm audio out, different cables , analog , optical, absolutely everything, i really wanted this to work , but was unable to get it right,
    i see ye said "first on this soundbar that we have had any sync issues" so ye've had issues on others ? [/color]
    one of the reasons i went for this was so as to have all sony setup, and with arc i thought i would be sorted, but no joy,[/color]

i have this already boxed and ready to send back, i did my best reinserting the foam but couldnt get it full right,, but the SB is secure in it

thanks

adding link which i thought was interesting
    https://developer.dolby.com/blog/dolby-audio-over-hdmi-part-3-reality/
    the bit Why is my audio and video out of sync?

Molzer2

Just an update on this.

Hi Lethean.

Richersounds
    Belfast
    CO. Antrim
    BT1 1FN

Hi lads, i sent a dm before seeing this.
    Yea, i tired absolutely everything on this, delay on the soundbar , tv, bluray etc, reset sound settings muiltiple times on all devices, changed to pcm audio out, different cables , analog , optical, absolutely everything, i really wanted this to work , but was unable to get it right,
    i see ye said "first on this soundbar that we have had any sync issues" so ye've had issues on others ? [/color]
    one of the reasons i went for this was so as to have all sony setup, and with arc i thought i would be sorted, but no joy,[/color]

i have this already boxed and ready to send back, i did my best reinserting the foam but couldnt get it full right,, but the SB is secure in it

thanks

adding link which i thought was interesting
    https://developer.dolby.com/blog/dolby-audio-over-hdmi-part-3-reality/
    the bit Why is my audio and video out of sync?
    Hey Lethean.

Lip Sync can happen on any product, it's not that common anymore but still happens from time to time.

I have seen it happen on many many products over the years but not with the soundbar you currently have.
    Usually you can adjust the audio delay enough in Milliseconds to correct it.

I've even has it my self at home with Sky which involves power box the sky box and switching it on again will clear it again.
    It's totally random and for no reason as it works correctly the other 99% of the time.

When you say the foam isn't incorrectly, does the box close correctly? If not it may run the risk of falling out in transit.

thanks for sorting this out guys,
    very much appreciated :)

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

thanks for sorting this out guys,
    very much appreciated :)
    No problem at all Lethean, let me know if you need anything else in the future!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.