Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit report for mortgage

• 27-06-2019 9:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hey all

I am just wondering if i apply for a mortgage will i be asked for a credit report ?
    I returned back from Australia 2 years ago , after 4 years there !
    So as part of application will they want to go back that far as part of their background checks?
    I have my accounts here in Ireland with savings history, weekly employment payments etc..

Any advice much appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

If you mention anywhere in your application that you were in Australia or still have savings or any accounts there or over last 6 months had funds transferred from there to your Irish Bank - they will ask you to submit a credit report which can be got from Experian.

The lender will also request a credit report for you from www.icb.ie. You can apply yourself for one online and it is free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭TECH85

Perfect, thanks for your reply trish56

Advertisement