Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€50 Draft League H2H

Options
14567810»

Comments

It’s going to hard to lock down a time to suit everyone but ideally it would be one of the days proceeding Saturday the 12th.

So maybe Wednesday the 9th ?

The absolute earliest time I can do is 10pm. Ideally it would start at 10.30pm or anytime after that.

So we need to decide on format, I think, before we set up the new thread.

Also, I’m guessing it’s fair to give first refusal to last seasons 8 participants so let’s get the ball rolling.

Is it wrong that I’d prefer regular posters to join ? I’m just guessing it might make the thread a bit more fun.

When it’s decided then one of you guys can start the thread and collect the monies. My location means currency exchange so I won’t be collecting.

Ok.

So thank this post if you’re happy with H2H.

If you’re interested, but on the fence or don’t really care, then I’ll ask you to vote H2H because I think it’s more competitive and gives you a chance for a late run of wins to improve your league position.

I also think it’s good to be involved in something different as 80-90% of our other leagues are classic leagues.

Someone else that is hard and fast on a classic league can stick up a post and we’ll go with the most likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Hi Klopp, I have no strong opinion but would vote classic if pushed. The main thing for me is the draft because it is so much fun!

Are you happy to create the league and I will take the money like last year? I agree about trying to get regular posters and giving last years people first refusal. I will PM all the participants from last year and we can give them a few days to respond on this thread. Once we have those numbers confirmed and an idea of classic/H2H we can open a new thread.

In so far

Eoghan104
    CSF
    Klopp
    DearG81
    Trimm Trabb

Shouldn’t need saying but same as last year re winner takes all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Shouldn’t need saying but same as last year re winner takes all.

I’ll enter if ye have a drop out. Would prefer H2H or would could do both, same teams, same people, have a H2H and a classic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Green&Red wrote: »
    I’ll enter if ye have a drop out. Would prefer H2H or would could do both, same teams, same people, have a H2H and a classic

I would enter both

CSF wrote: »
    I would enter both

Of course you would!!!

One is enough for me anyway. No reply from any PMs yet. Maybe open a new thread on Monday and go with H2H?

Green&Red wrote: »

Not a bad idea.

Don’t think we’ll get same 8 people in each league. Not even sure we’ll get 8 people for 1 league. There’s not been many bites.

Not sure if you can run 2 leagues (H2H & classic) simultaneously with the same teams.

Does it have to be the same teams ?

Anyway. Time is marching on.

Should we just start a new thread ?

Start off with a H2H. Then when we fill/sort that out we can set up a classic ?

Yeah good idea, I didn't get any replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

eoghan104 wrote: »
    Yeah good idea, I didn't get any replies.

I’ll be in again on this!! Trying to hold off getting to engrossed into it at this stage.

Was on a digital detox. WFH during pandemic killing me

• Advertisement

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I’ll be in again on this!! Trying to hold off getting to engrossed into it at this stage.

Was on a digital detox. WFH during pandemic killing me

Good man. That's six in, Kopp do you want to start a thread? Looks like H2H scoring is the consensus.

Good man. That's six in, Kopp do you want to start a thread? Looks like H2H scoring is the consensus.

Probably makes more sense for the money collector to start the thread.

I can’t because of the foreign exchange factor.

So whoever does needs to nail down the draft day and time. I’m still hoping 10 or 10.30 in the pm is acceptable for you guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dearg81

So whoever does needs to nail down the draft day and time. I’m still hoping 10 or 10.30 in the pm is acceptable for you guys.

I'd prefer that time too as kids will be in bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

10 is good for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

10 good for me too

Yeah, that’s no problem for me

OK I can start a thread Monday. What date are we thinking? I can collect the money again if you are all happy.

OK I can start a thread Monday. What date are we thinking? I can collect the money again if you are all happy.

Sure start it today.

Maybe go with Tuesday the 8th for the H2H league at 10pm.

That gives us 8-9 days to fill it and collect monies.

You may as well set up the league now too. If that’s ok like.

Then you can PM the league code details as you receive the money.

We choose to go with 30 seconds between picks last year so reckon that’ll be good again.

Sure start it today.

Maybe go with Tuesday the 8th for the H2H league at 10pm.

That gives us 8-9 days to fill it and collect monies.

You may as well set up the league now too. If that’s ok like.

Then you can PM the league code details as you receive the money.

We choose to go with 30 seconds between picks last year so reckon that’ll be good again.

The league starts on the 12th Klopp.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    The league starts on the 12th Klopp.

Aye.

So you’re thinking the 8th is too soon ?

• Advertisement

Aye.

So you’re thinking the 8th is too soon ?

No that's fine for me I just thought when you mentioned 8 or 9 days to collect money that you thought the league was starting later than the 12th.

I’ve another draft on the evening of the 8th, any chance we could do the 7th?

Dearg81 wrote: »
    No that's fine for me I just thought when you mentioned 8 or 9 days to collect money that you thought the league was starting later than the 12th.

No. Maybe I worded it not greatly.

I’d expect money will have to be paid by Saturday the 5th to allow us a few days if we need to find a few more participants.

I meant for Eoghan to start the thread today and start collecting.

Then for the draft to be on maybe Monday the 7th to accomodate CSF as per above.

No. Maybe I worded it not greatly.

I’d expect money will have to be paid by Saturday the 5th to allow us a few days if we need to find a few more participants.

I meant for Eoghan to start the thread today and start collecting.

Then for the draft to be on maybe Monday the 7th to accomodate CSF as per above.

I'll start the thread tomorrow when I'm on the laptop. Monday the 7th at 10pm 50 a man winner takes all. Ill send the league code out as people pay.

Revolut, PayPal or bank in that order of preference for payment.

If anyone has any problem with any of the above times or payment types speak now before the thread tomorrow morning!

Cheers

I'll start the thread tomorrow when I'm on the laptop. Monday the 7th at 10pm 50 a man winner takes all. Ill send the league code out as people pay.

Revolut, PayPal or bank in that order of preference for payment.

If anyone has any problem with any of the above times or payment types speak now before the thread tomorrow morning!

Cheers

Looking forward to it, thanks for doing it again

Advertisement