Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,395 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Can we get some stats on people who were able to commit suicide in that place while on suicide watch before taking the ball and running with the idea he was topped by someone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

everlast75 wrote: »
    Can we get some stats on people who were able to commit suicide in that place while on suicide watch before taking the ball and running with the idea he was topped by someone else?
    Do we even know if he was on suicide watch? I know a couple of weeks ago he sustained injuries that he said (iirc) were caused by an attack. If that was taken at face value then he wouldn't necessarily have been on watch and possibly just segregated. We need to wait for a proper report first.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,646 ✭✭✭✭L1011

All sides can implicate the others here and there could never be enough evidence to convince everyone it is actually suicide so I don't think this will have any impact to either side

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Even the WSJ find this deeply suspect. There’ll have to be an investigation into how this happened right?

https://twitter.com/tmannwsj/status/1160178072194375680?s=21

Also this. Is it not convenient that the whole matter or mist of it is being dropped?

https://twitter.com/renato_mariotti/status/1160196253361352704?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 19,395 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,833 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

NBC are saying that he wasn't on suicide watch when he died but wasn't he found injured in his cell a couple of weeks ago ? I'd like to know was that after injuries he gave himself or was it something that happened from someone else having a go at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,833 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

everlast75 wrote: »

The FBI which is part of the justice dept headed by an AG in bill Barr who doesn't seem to be doing a competent job is going to investigate the death of someone who was accused of sex trafficking and more which may potentially implicate the AG's boss. I mean you could easily see how people would take that a certain way and imply things.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    NBC are saying that he wasn't on suicide watch when he died but wasn't he found injured in his cell a couple of weeks ago ? I'd like to know was that after injuries he gave himself or was it something that happened from someone else having a go at him.

At the time that was reported as an attempted suicide and he was placed on suicide then whether he remained on suicide watch is unclear. Nobody will give any comment to the media on this it seems. No comments from his lawyers, the lawyers for the prosecution or from the police or the Manhattan jail he was in. Extremely suspicious imo when you consider the files that were just released. This guy should have been the most closely watched prisoner in America.

I’m glad to see to the FBI open an investigation into his death and I hope they are also looking at some of his associates who helped and were involved in his trafficking and abuse. The case shouldn’t die with him there are more angles to persue.

Even the WSJ find this deeply suspect. There’ll have to be an investigation into how this happened right?

https://twitter.com/tmannwsj/status/1160178072194375680?s=21

Also this. Is it not convenient that the whole matter or mist of it is being dropped?

https://twitter.com/renato_mariotti/status/1160196253361352704?s=21
    They still have the evidence and I'm pretty sure his estate can be sued by his victims. There's also the possibility that the evidence may incriminate other people; Allegations against Ghislaine Maxwell are the first to spring to mind, but certainly not the only one. And as pointed out above, there's nobody now to oppose any further searches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies

Surely there was surveillance footage in his cell?

• Advertisement

peddlelies wrote: »
    750 inmates in that facility. And we still don't know if he was on watch. The suppposed attack a couple of weeks ago was seen as an attempt to get out on bail. Not sure if he was ever considered a risk. But we'll find out soon enough,

Meanwhile, there certainly was a trove of evidence found in his Manhattan mansion. I wonder who else is implicated by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,160 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

MrFresh wrote: »
    Leroy42 wrote: »
    Its not that he killed himself, he was 9n 24 hour suicide watch and was found hanged in his cell.

Isn't that what suicide watch is supposed to prevent? So what happened?

Maybe it simply was a guard fell asleep on the job but then such a high profile prisoner should have been focused on.

I'm fairly sure suicide watch doesn't involve eyes on 24/7. It's just a different cell type with more frequent visits by the guards.

Doesn't it also mean materials that may be used to attempt suicide not be available also though? Genuine question.

Plenty of them to be answered in this case I think. Most have gone to the grave now though unfortunately.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

Doesn't it also mean materials that may be used to attempt suicide not be available also though? Genuine question.

Plenty of them to be answered in this case I think. Most have gone to the grave now though unfortunately.

You can make a ligature out of your clothes or sheets.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭Dog Man Star

MrFresh wrote: »
    You can make a ligature out of your clothes or sheets.

This is nonsense. It is nigh-on impossible to kill yourself in a US jail cell. There are no belts or shoelaces around. It is a jumpsuit and a mattress. All for a very good reason, so that criminals cannot avoid facing justice.

It is good to see that the FBI are investigating, but what justice will Epstein's victims ever see, with Barr the AG and Trump the President?

These are desperate days in the US, desperate, depressing days.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,344 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The price on him would have been, very high. I'd say you could name it, if you could ensure the job was done.
    That and a Star above says makes it very suspicious.

What of his victims that have come forward, only for this to be allowed to happen at very best, allowed to happen?

Nothing, no justice for them. Just obstruction from the top, yet again.

It is getting exponentially worse over there. It is accelerating.

Today, North Korea launching more missiles, threatening Japan and South Korea, and Trump's reaction is to consider ending routine military exercises and charging South Korea for US protection.

This after two mass murders last week.

We have another 13 months before the election, watching this horror show unfold.

No work is being done, no progress, no legislation, no nothing. McConnell blocking every bill, the deficit increasing by the second.

The entire leadership focus of the US now is Trump's re-election, 13 months from now. Over a year, November 2020. Can you believe it. It would be better for America to board up the White House for the next 12 months than allow Trump to continue. The damage he is doing to the country is staggering. We all knew it would be bad, but no one expected it to be this bad.

What of his victims that have come forward, only for this to be allowed to happen at very best, allowed to happen?

Nothing, no justice for them. Just obstruction from the top, yet again.
    Well firstly they now know that he died miserable, alone and terrified in jail. But more importantly they get to sue his estate and the evidence has already been obtained to do that. So I'd say they'll get justice in spades tbh.

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Well firstly they now know that he died miserable, alone and terrified in jail. But more importantly they get to sue his estate and the evidence has already been obtained to do that. So I'd say they'll get justice in spades tbh.

What are you talking about? He won't stand trial, they won't get justice.

Are you defending Epstein here? "alone and terrified"?

Christ almighty, where do people like you come from.

You think they're money grabbers suing poor Epstein, all alone in his jail cell, terrified.....poor man. And all because he spent decades sexually abusing children. What has the world come to? PC gone mad.

What are you talking about? He won't stand trial, they won't get justice.

Are you defending Epstein here? "alone and terrified"?

Christ almighty, where do people like you come from.
    Really? That's what you took from my post? WTAF.

Have a think about what it actually means. The creep lost everything and took his own life. Everything stripped from him and his wealth, meaningless in the end. So yeah, he had a taste of suffering that was too much for him. I'd be comforted to know that that's how it ended for him. Work on your comprehension skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

peddlelies wrote: »

No that wouldn’t be in line with his rights but there would cameras outside the cell.

• Advertisement

Really? That's what you took from my post? WTAF.

Have a think about what it actually means. The creep lost everything and took his own life. Everything stripped from him and his wealth, meaningless in the end. So yeah, he had a taste of suffering that was too much for him. I'd be comforted to know that that's how it ended for him. Work on your comprehension skills.

You don't get it, do you? He evades justice, while his victims live on without justice. His wealth? What are you talking about? What was stripped from him exactly?

You don't get it, do you? He evades justice, while his victims live on without justice. His wealth? What are you talking about? What was stripped from him exactly?
    Ok, No admission of your mistake, just doubling down then. Good luck with that.

Ok, No admission of your mistake, just doubling down then. Good luck with that.

What are you talking about? What do you mean "good luck with that"? Good luck where? What are you talking about? Good luck on Boards.ie? WTF

What are you talking about? What do you mean "good luck with that"? Good luck where? What are you talking about?
    The posts are there to read. You went off on a rant, completely off the point I was making. But when called on it, just moved on to something else you misunderstood. I can explain it, i can't make you understand it.

The posts are there to read. You went off on a rant, completely off the point I was making. But when called on it, just moved on to something else you misunderstood. I can explain it, i can't make you understand it.

What rant did I go on? What are you talking about? Explain yourself, instead of this hand waving guff. Explain yourself. What point are you making here? This isn't tv, stand up for yourself and explain your points like an adult. What, exactly, is your criticism of my posts? Exactly?

What rant did I go on? What are you talking about? Explain yourself, instead of this hand waving guff. Explain yourself. What point are you making here? This isn't tv, stand up for yourself and explain your points like an adult. What, exactly, is your criticism of my posts? Exactly?
    Dude relax, you misread his post which was agreeing with you.

No exact response? What a surprise. Pure horse****.

In what sense was he agreeing with me? Calling Epstein a "creep" who lost all his money?

Epstein was a calculating paedophile, not a "creep". His abuse went on unabated for decades. He was charged in 2008, but Alex Acosta, who Trump still defends to this day, let him off to continue his abuse. Trump still calls Acosta "a fine man who has been treated very unfairly", yet Acosta released Epstein to continue his child sexual abuse from 2008 to 2012 at least.

Epstein's convenient death means he escapes justice while his victims live on without justice.

Cretinous poster wasn't "agreeing with me", he was excusing Epstein's abhorrent life.

I am so sick of this normality of excusing grotesque human beings.

He wasn't "agreeing with me", he was excusing Epstein's abhorrent life.
    No he wasn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Yeah, no, I really think the poster was trying to find some kind of silver lining in Epsteins death - a full public trial with names being named and severe sentences handed down would have been true justice, but he's dead now so no trial for him. But at least Epstein died alone and disgraced, and his victims will still be able to go after his estate to get some kind of compensation and much more importantly, maybe get the evidence they need to go after his paedophile associates.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement