Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

MadYaker wrote: »
    No that wouldn’t be in line with his rights but there would cameras outside the cell.

While in a cell, he would have had very limited rights to privacy and certainly while considered to be a danger to himself or others, would have been subject to 24/7 video monitoring of all his movements within the cell, except perhaps those relating to defecation and urination.

However, being subject to such 24/7 surveillance and being actually monitored non- stop are two different things. I am hugely suspicious of a self- inflicted death by hanging in his case. If he had taken cyanide or something like that, I could be more convinced that everything was above board, but to me, this stinks of a convenient end that will have many high level and very rich people popping the champagne corks tonight!

I hope there is a real investigation by the FBI,but they're going to have some job convincing a lot of people that only Epstein's hands were involved.

Anyway, he's dead now! **** him! I hope that there really is a God and an afterlife, and that whatever form his spirit now takes has been sentenced to an eternity of pain, suffering and horror to mirror what he and his acolytes did to children. The problem for me is that his demise means that he will now never 'flip' on his disgusting cronies who engaged in similar crimes against young girls.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭Dog Man Star

Barr's statement is unintentionally hilarious.

“I was appalled to learn that Jeffrey Epstein was found dead early this morning from an apparent suicide while in federal custody. Mr. Epstein’s death raises serious questions that must be answered. In addition to the FBI’s investigation, I have consulted with the Inspector General who is opening an investigation into the circumstances of Mr. Epstein’s death."

Barr is really all over his job. I think we can all feel really confident that Barr will get to the bottom of this.

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    While in a cell, he would have had very limited rights to privacy and certainly while considered to be a danger to himself or others, would have been subject to 24/7 video monitoring of all his movements within the cell, except perhaps those relating to defecation and urination.

However, being subject to such 24/7 surveillance and being actually monitored non- stop are two different things. I am hugely suspicious of a self- inflicted death by hanging in his case. If he had taken cyanide or something like that, I could be more convinced that everything was above board, but to me, this stinks of a convenient end that will have many high level and very rich people popping the champagne corks tonight!

I hope there is a real investigation by the FBI,but they're going to have some job convincing a lot of people that only Epstein's hands were involved.

Anyway, he's dead now! **** him! I hope that there really is a God and an afterlife, and that whatever form his spirit now takes has been sentenced to an eternity of pain, suffering and horror to mirror what he and his acolytes did to children. The problem for me is that his demise means that he will now never 'flip' on his disgusting cronies who engaged in similar crimes against young girls.

"He's dead now" is not good enough. He should have faced trial. This isn't good enough at all. This isn't justice.

I am very close to someone who was once on suicide watch. It was one chair at the entrance to their bedroom. Epstein's "suicide" is a lie. He was strategically murdered, no question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

This is nonsense. It is nigh-on impossible to kill yourself in a US jail cell. There are no belts or shoelaces around. It is a jumpsuit and a mattress. All for a very good reason, so that criminals cannot avoid facing justice.

Where are you getting your information? Thousands of prisoners take their own lives in the US every year. There's only so much you can do to stop them. if they are determined enough they will get it done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

What rant did I go on? What are you talking about? Explain yourself, instead of this hand waving guff. Explain yourself. What point are you making here? This isn't tv, stand up for yourself and explain your points like an adult. What, exactly, is your criticism of my posts? Exactly?
    In another rant, ranting chap rants at me to explain which rant I'm talking about. You clearly have comprehension issues and as I said before (and as others have pointed out) you're wrong. But I've given up on expecting an apology. Or even an acknowledgement. So I'll bow out. Thanks to the rest of you for reassuring me that I haven't strayed through the looking glass.

I am very close to someone who was once on suicide watch. It was one chair at the entrance to their bedroom. Epstein's "suicide" is a lie. He was strategically murdered, no question.

NBS News is reporting that "multiple sources" have told them that Epstein was no longer on suicide watch.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/prison-experts-are-stunned-angry-jeffrey-epstein-was-taken-suicide-n1041121

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

That episode of the Wire where Dionte ‘kills himself’ by hanging himself..from a doorknob...comes to mind.

prawnsambo wrote: »
    In another rant, ranting chap rants at me to explain which rant I'm talking about. You clearly have comprehension issues and as I said before (and as others have pointed out) you're wrong. But I've given up on expecting an apology. Or even an acknowledgement. So I'll bow out. Thanks to the rest of you for reassuring me that I haven't strayed through the looking glass.

Ah no, don't go.....you're gas.

NBS News is reporting that "multiple sources" have told them that Epstein was no longer on suicide watch.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/prison-experts-are-stunned-angry-jeffrey-epstein-was-taken-suicide-n1041121

Either way, there is no way he could hang himself. It's not an option. He was either "allowed to die" or killed.

No question.

• Advertisement

LOL

MrFresh wrote: »
    Where are you getting your information? Thousands of prisoners take their own lives in the US every year. There's only so much you can do to stop them. if they are determined enough they will get it done.

Total guff, full of **** post. Stop watching so much tv.

Interesting point that people may have missed, but it was the public corruption unit that arrested Epstein. Which usually means they had a public corruption case well advanced before they arrested him. I wonder who? Or how many?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Dog Man Star will be taking a break

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

That episode of the Wire where Dionte ‘kills himself’ by hanging himself..from a doorknob...comes to mind.

Legitimately just started the wire this week after putting it off so long. Little did I expect to see a spoiler!

At least I FINALLY get the poster StringerBell's name.

---

It's beyond comprehension that he killed himself considering what happened only a fortnight ago.

He was always going to get done in prison at some point.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Legitimately just started teh wire this week after putting it off so long. Little did I expect to see a spoiler!

At least I FINALLY get the poster StringerBell's name.

---

It's beyond comprehension that he killed himself considering what happened only a fortnight ago.

He was always going to get done in prison at some point.

Aw I’m sorry man!!
    Didn’t mean to spoil it.

-*one of the best series ever made. You’re in for such a treat

• Registered Users Posts: 25,558 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

So tearing some cloth (his prison uniform perhaps?) And hanging himself is less believable than him getting his hands on cyanide? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,558 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Either way, there is no way he could hang himself. It's not an option. He was either "allowed to die" or killed.

No question.

Why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,535 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Why not?

FWIW, I knew a former cop who was on duty monitoring a person in a jail cell, who committed suicide while on his watch. He apparently strangled himself with some smuggled in shoelaces by slyly tightening them over a long period of time till he collapsed. So, it can be done.

Said cop, soon was off the force.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Corkblowin

Apparently Epstein’s death means that the search warrants for his properties cannot now be challenged (Epstein May have been able to claim they were invalid etc) - it means any items seized are now available to investigators to use in their enquires

Hopefully the tapes and papers don’t ‘get lost’ too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭Water John

If not on suicide watch anymore, it has a similarity to, being left in a room with a bottle of whiskey and a revolver.

This was the politically most sensitive prisoner in the whole country.

Water John wrote: »
    If not on suicide watch anymore, it has a similarity to, being left in a room with a bottle of whiskey and a revolver.

This was the politically most sensitive prisoner in the whole country.
    To be fair, there have been quite a few of those lately. Paul Manafort springs to mind.

So tearing some cloth (his prison uniform perhaps?) And hanging himself is less believable than him getting his hands on cyanide? :confused:

I was simply suspicious of a death by hanging of someone allegedly on suicide watch involving 24/7 monitoring. Such a death would have taken time, whereas a cyanide death would have been done and dusted in seconds. That was my point which was actually tangential to the main point that I am simply very suspicious of this!

Now that I have subsequently learned that perhaps he wasn't actually on suicide watch at all (as I posted here earlier), then clearly the point that I made then in relation to hanging vs cyanide is no longer relevant. However that bring another point into sharper focus: If he was on suicide watch after his apparent July attempt, why did someone decide he was no longer a risk? Was anyone pressured in any way to take him off such observation?

Someone else's head is gonna roll over this IMHO. Monitoring cost will be cited no doubt: its not cheap to have at least 3 shifts a day monitoring a person 24/7. It'll be interesting to see what stones the FBI turn over...

To be fair, there have been quite a few of those lately. Paul Manafort springs to mind.

Manafort is not in the same league as Epstein in terms of damage he could have potentially done to rich and powerful men if he had stories to tell...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Igotadose wrote: »
    FWIW, I knew a former cop who was on duty monitoring a person in a jail cell, who committed suicide while on his watch. He apparently strangled himself with some smuggled in shoelaces by slyly tightening them over a long period of time till he collapsed. So, it can be done.

Said cop, soon was off the force.
    Thats a bit convenient, you just happen to know a former cop who managed to lose a prisoner he had on suicide watch? How?

Manafort is not in the same league as Epstein in terms of damage he could have potentially done to rich and powerful men if he had stories to tell...
    Not now. But potentially he was. And he didn't really talk, so there's that. But consider the implications of what he potentially could have revealed. If he had (say) admitted to full participation of the Trump campaign in hacking the DNC servers or any of the other alleged offences from around that time.

Epstein potentially could have implicated people in horrendous crimes. But these are individual crimes and not wholesale conspiracies. And the stuff that they got from Epstein's residence could well do that anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,535 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Thargor wrote: »
    Thats a bit convenient, you just happen to know a former cop who managed to lose a prisoner he had on suicide watch? How?

He and his father ran a cleaning service that I hired from time to time when I lived in NJ. Nice family. After leaving the force the son started his own service in a different town.

Not now. But potentially he was. And he didn't really talk, so there's that. But consider the implications of what he potentially could have revealed. If he had (say) admitted to full participation of the Trump campaign in hacking the DNC servers or any of the other alleged offences from around that time.

Epstein potentially could have implicated people in horrendous crimes. But these are individual crimes and not wholesale conspiracies. And the stuff that they got from Epstein's residence could well do that anyway.

I think you're missing my point - my fault obviously!

At his most deadly in terms of potential effect, Manafort could have had a dramatic effect on Trump, his Campaign and subsequently his Presidency. Potentially as explosive a player as Deep Throat to Nixon, or Monica to Slick Willie, Manafort could have been a scud missile to Trump.

Epstein, on the other hand could have outed the most heinous of criminal activity by a massive array of world (so-called) leaders including Royals, Presidents, Industrialists, Lawyers across the globe. Now, we may never know, but certainly recent reportage has teased that a cohort of powerful men were engaged in dreadful paedophilia, while portraying themselves as men of great standing and of huge influence.

In that context, I see that, once Epstein was arrested and could no longer game the system (despite his attempts to use $100 milion as bail to buy his 'freedom') he became an existential threat to all of those powerful men who themselves alone knew whether they had something to hide. In those echelons, nods and winks are made, and minions destroy thousands.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

The current US President retweeted this conspiracy theory

https://twitter.com/w_terrence/status/1160256105399967744?s=19

How anyone can say he is fit for office is beyond me!

• Advertisement

everlast75 wrote: »
    The current US President retweeted this conspiracy theory

See URL in previous post,,,

How anyone can say he is fit for office is beyond me!

The most pithy analysis of that twitter (whatever its called) is:

Who decided to remove Epstein from Suicide Watch?

Also, if I was Ghislaine Maxwell, I'd be ****ting bricks around now!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement