Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,986 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    The most pithy analysis of that twitter (whatever its called) is:

Who decided to remove Epstein from Suicide Watch?

Also, if I was Ghislaine Maxwell, I'd be ****ting bricks around now!

She's fine, she's Mossad.

Trump, Kushner, Epstein, Netanyahu, Andy of York and many more are mere puppets to the ethno-philanthropic shadow group headed by the heir to Esteé Lauder and formerly by Robert Maxwell. If you dirty your bib and implicate them, you end up floating, hanging or burning.

And no I'm neither anti-semitic nor a conspiracy theorist by nature, I happen to think from the series of events and the evidence emerging that this is actually a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Larbre34 wrote: »
    She's fine, she's Mossad.

Trump, Kushner, Epstein, Netanyahu, Andy of York and many more are mere puppets to the ethno-philanthropic shadow group headed by the heir to Esteé Lauder and formerly by Robert Maxwell. If you dirty your bib and implicate them, you end up floating, hanging or burning.

And no I'm neither anti-semitic nor a conspiracy theorist by nature, I happen to think from the series of events and the evidence emerging that this is actually a thing.

Of whom do we speak, Pray Tell...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    The most pithy analysis of that twitter (whatever its called) is:

Who decided to remove Epstein from Suicide Watch?

Also, if I was Ghislaine Maxwell, I'd be ****ting bricks around now!

Conspiracy theories are for you and I, mere mortals with our inconsequential ideas.

This is the head of the US executive branch, who is over 3 different *current* investigations into what happened saying that the ****ing Clintons had something to do with it.

It's outrageous, irresponsible and so out of order even for him.

And some people said he would grow into the role. 2 and a half years in and he's a disaster every single day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

everlast75 wrote: »
    Conspiracy theories are for you and I, mere mortals with our inconsequential ideas.

This is the head of the US executive branch, who is over 3 different *current* investigations into what happened saying that the ****ing Clintons had something to do with it.

It's outrageous, irresponsible and so out of order even for him.

And some people said he would grow into the role. 2 and a half years in and he's a disaster every single day.

I'm entirely ad idem with you that the current POTUS is ENTIRELY unfit to serve...

The problem now is that, given that he is unfit to serve, how can he be thwarted and ultimately removed from office? At this stage,it is entirely meaningless if any/all members of the great unwashed decide that Trump is no longer fit for purpose. They have ABSOLUTELY no power, and their one in 4-year right to tick a box at a ballot machine is being eroded every single day!

So what's the point in stating and re-stating THAT he has totally failed the American people? The key requirement is to show HOW he has done so! And that's where Nadler's Judiciary Committee comes in! Couple that other investigations and proceedings, eg those of SDNY criminal investigations and State of NY Civil proceedings.

It is only by clearly articulating HOW Trump has failed the Country he claimed to serve, that THE AMERICAN PEOPLE (so often egregiously trotted out as supporters for outlandish political shenanigans) can finally and with appropriate knowledge make a change for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭fash

Just thinking, surely the best platform for the Dems to run in would be "draining the swamp" - highlighting Trump's cronyism, shady dealings ( and filling rather than emptying the "swamp")?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,630 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

The current US President retweeted this conspiracy theory

https://twitter.com/w_terrence/status/1160256105399967744?s=19

How anyone can say he is fit for office is beyond me!

My thoughts on his retweet are: Don't feed the orange troll. Let the people he's listed sue him for damages.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

aloyisious wrote: »
    My thoughts on his retweet are: Don't feed the orange troll. Let the people he's listed due him for damages.

I'm still sorry that Obama didn't sue him as a private citizen after Trump accused him of "tappping" his phones without any evidence whatsoever.

fash wrote: »
    Just thinking, surely the best platform for the Dems to run in would be "draining the swamp" - highlighting Trump's cronyism, shady dealings ( and filling rather than emptying the "swamp")?

Their video should start with the chants of "send her back" with no picture, then fade in with the whole 13 seconds of him standing at the podium, then fading to him promising to "drain the swamp" and changing to Manafort in cuffs, Cohen in cuffs etc, to him saying that he would hire the best people and then show footage of all the resignation scandals, to footage of Mueller saying that he was not exonerated, that Russia interfered and then Trump saying that his own intelligence agencies need to go back to school.

There is plenty to work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,347 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Their video should start with the chants of "send her back" with no picture, then fade in with the whole 13 seconds of him standing at the podium, then fading to him promising to "drain the swamp" and changing to Manafort in cuffs, Cohen in cuffs etc, to him saying that he would hire the best people and then show footage of all the resignation scandals, to footage of Mueller saying that he was not exonerated, that Russia interfered and then Trump saying that his own intelligence agencies need to go back to school.

There is plenty to work with.

He has enough brass neck to say 'see, all those bad people removed on my watch! They were a Democrat plot to bring down my administration but I cleared them out'.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

So Trump's not a racist, buuut... ... he apparently has no problem imitating a Korean / Japanese accent while quoting their respective leaders at a recent dinner. He also knocked off the usual hit-list of moaning about EU members of NATO,

Now, admittedly this is the NY Post reporting, so you can take or leave the veracity of what happened:

https://nypost.com/2019/08/09/trump-cracks-jokes-about-rent-control-kamikaze-pilots-at-hamptons-fundraiser/

Racist or just a thundering clod? Neithers a great result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,977 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

pixelburp wrote: »
    So Trump's not a racist, buuut... ... he apparently has no problem imitating a Korean / Japanese accent while quoting their respective leaders at a recent dinner. He also knocked off the usual hit-list of moaning about EU members of NATO,

Now, admittedly this is the NY Post reporting, so you can take or leave the veracity of what happened:

https://nypost.com/2019/08/09/trump-cracks-jokes-about-rent-control-kamikaze-pilots-at-hamptons-fundraiser/

Racist or just a thundering clod? Neithers a great result.

Isn't the post a GOP paper though?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,653 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

He's a total nutter. Simple as that.

Let's hope he willingly leaves when voted out next November. The last thing we want is a final debasement for the office of him having to be carried out.

I think it's a VERY likely scenario!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

The best we can hope for is that we look back on this episode in 10 years and laugh about it. It's an absolute stain on the history of the United States and it can't be over with quickly enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    The best we can hope for is that we look back on this episode in 10 years and laugh about it. It's an absolute stain on the history of the United States and it can't be over with quickly enough.

Man, I hope it is that easy. The West has propped up the US as a kind of big brother for a while now. Trump has severed those ties for the most part. Meanwhile, Russia and China are tightening relations and expanding their influence over international markets and online communication. Europe may not be strong enough to stand against a combined Eastern influence alone, especially with the amount of political self sabotage going on in the likes of Italy and the UK. I think the future looks pretty bleak at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭greenfield21

MrFresh wrote: »
    Man, I hope it is that easy. The West has propped up the US as a kind of big brother for a while now. Trump has severed those ties for the most part. Meanwhile, Russia and China are tightening relations and expanding their influence over international markets and online communication. Europe may not be strong enough to stand against a combined Eastern influence alone, especially with the amount of political self sabotage going on in the likes of Italy and the UK. I think the future looks pretty bleak at the moment.

How do you think we should be tackling China's influence? Because it was working so well before Trump took office.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,630 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

In a "the truth is funnier than fiction" way, a prominent US lawyer Gregory B Craig is being prosecuted by the Justice Dept in what is being seen as a test case in respect to the law on unregistered foreign agents. The lawyer was counsel to the White House during President Obama's first year in office, in 2009/2010.

The prosecution is in relation to the overseeing work Mr Craig did for the Skadden law firm on a Skadden lawyer's [Alex van den Zwann] report for Paul Manafort in relation to the former Ukrainian Pro-Russian President & orher Ukrainian politicians in 2012. Zwann has pleaded guilty to charges in respect to the same matter. The case is a spin-off of the Mueller investigation as Mr Craig allegedly lied to the FBI about his unregistered foreign agent work.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/11/us/politics/gregory-craig-trial.html?action=click&module=News&pgtype=Homepage

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/politicalconundrum/greg-craig-indicted-for-lying-to-doj-about-ukraine-t19469421.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

The Mooch is all over the TV shows over the weekend and on CNN this morning preaching how all the stuff Trump is saying is unacceptable over the last few weeks yadda yadda yadda Trumps a terrible person etc etc....f**king unbelievable. The difference is that Trump attacked HIM :mad: poor little Mooch:rolleyes::rolleyes:

What about the last 3 years of racist, misogynist, idiotic s**t Trump has said and done, is that all OK? But now you have f**king grown a spine....

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 21,343 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Maybe the Mooch sees the tide going out and doesn't want to be caught on the wrong side.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Ben Done

Water John wrote: »
    Maybe the Mooch sees the tide going out and doesn't want to be caught on the wrong side.

In fairness to the Mooch (I never thought I'd say that), I've seen him on several shows in recent weeks saying that Trump"s language around race is not on.
    This was before Trump attacked him.

Ben Done wrote: »
    In fairness to the Mooch (I never thought I'd say that), I've seen him on several shows in recent weeks saying that Trump"s language around race is not on.

Good point, but he did defend Trump up to now so there's little sympathy for him from me.

In addition to just complaining about Trump, he should raise funds for Dem candidates, advocate and do grass roots stuff if he wants to show people he truly has an issue with Trump's rhetoric.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

The next generation will wholly reject the Republican party. It doesn't care for them. Intolerant, denying climate change, guns, racist.

If Trump gets dumped next year, which I fully expect he will, the Republicans will be gone for decades. Decades which will see the acceptance of universal health care and, more significantly, whites becoming a minority.

Trump and McConnell are the death croak of white republican america.

The bookies aren't often wrong, I wouldn't get my hopes too high unless you want to be devastated if and when it happens again.

eb84e1e29073027bd2bcb7b0720f82ec-full.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Seanachai wrote: »
    The bookies aren't often wrong, I wouldn't get my hopes too high unless you want to be devastated if and when it happens again.

eb84e1e29073027bd2bcb7b0720f82ec-full.jpg

So this is what it takes? Baffling truly. Upside is he’s annoyed his evangelical base.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/12/trump-evangelicals-blasphemy-profanity-1456178

Didn’t mean to reply to you Seanchai. Sorry about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

If reports are correct, the White House is looking at forcing online platforms to leave up right wing content.
    The White House reportedly has been drafting an executive order, “Protecting Americans from Online Censorship,” that would ask the Federal Communications Commission to develop regulations around how tech platforms take down or suppress content. The draft is said to call on the Federal Trade Commission to apply these new rules in any investigations or lawsuits of these companies.

There is widespread belief in the US conservative community that these platforms exhibit an “anti-conservative bias.” While some prominent right-wing voices have been “de-platformed”—like Alex Jones of Infowars, who was banned from Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube—there is basically no evidence of systematic ideological bias. Claims like those in Donald Trump’s now-deleted tweets that say, for example, Google is promoting “negative stories on Donald Trump” and that this is “illegal” have no factual basis.

https://qz.com/1685704/trump-draft-order-targets-anti-conservative-social-media/?utm_source=reddit.com

• Registered Users Posts: 14,160 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Ben Done wrote: »
    Water John wrote: »

He has often refused to condemn properly the rhetoric but made it clear numerous times the language etc is unhelpful and not something he condones. This goes back the last year or so.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Sorry for the silly question but who is Mooch?

Anthony Scaramucci - communications director for a total of 11 days with Trump's white house.

Now used as a unit of time for people who resigned or were fired by Trump.

"Ah, he only lasted 12 Scaramucci's"

Anthony Scaramucci - press secretary for a total of 11 days with Trump's white house.

Cool thank you.
    So are there press briefings again?

Ps -lol

Cool thank you.
    So are there press briefings again?

He was fired in 2017.

SHS took over and steadily decreased the amount of briefings

They were of limited value anyway because she lied through her teeth and treated the press corp with nothing but contempt.

She is home now and the briefings, which were traditionally every day before 45, are still very rare.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

MrFresh wrote: »
    If reports are correct, the White House is looking at forcing online platforms to leave up right wing content.

https://qz.com/1685704/trump-draft-order-targets-anti-conservative-social-media/?utm_source=reddit.com

Welp, that was probably bound to happen after the committed campaign by conservative mouthpieces crying bias, and that farcical meeting on the White House lawn with said conservative mouthpieces (where IIRC Gorka picked a fight with a journalist)

Can't see how successful this will be, given it would force these social media companies to reveal their search algorithms - and that simply ain't happening. Obama's admin couldn't get Apple to add a backdoor in their phone (that failed, right? I can't remember how that "ended"), and Trumps "best people" are unlikely to have more success with Google showing the inside of their black box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Anthony Scaramucci - communications director for a total of 11 days with Trump's white house.

Now used as a unit of time for people who resigned or were fired by Trump.

"Ah, he only lasted 12 Scaramucci's"

Is 12 scaramuccis = 132 earth days?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement