Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭blackwave

batgoat wrote: »
    Turns out a year worth of job numbers were overestimated by 20%(500k). Consumer confidence is dropping as well.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/half-million-fewer-jobs-revisions-hit-trump-economy-n1046156

That's worrying for Trump as the US economy is already teetering towards a recession that will just push confidence even lower. Wonder what will his reaction to it be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

everlast75 wrote: »
    Joe Walsh becomes the second Republican to primary Trump.

Two others are considering joining the race, while Flake (in true Flake style) refuses to rule out a run.

A deplorable bunch for sure but the thoughts of 5 running against Trump makes me remember the old saying "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"

None of them have a chance, but I've liked what I've heard from Bill Weld. He seems to be a man of principle and some values at least, and can string a coherent sentence together. That's the bar we're at now when it comes to evaluating GOP presidential candidates. Whether they can string a sentence together.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,383 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/1165758260743421957?s=19

I'm guessing he got the idea from Sharknado?

Trump, proving once and for all, there *is* such a thing as a bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Or what's he trying to mask?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Once again we reach a point where this forum's insistence upon civility, and its ban on flippancy like memes, feels redundant & inadequate to tackle a headline like that.

I'm saying it, if it I haven't already 'cos it's damn well likely: Donald Trump is a moron. If you're a Trump supporter & hate-reading this thread, come at me bro'. Cos anyone who suggests raking forest floors, that wind turbines give you cancer, or to NUKE HURRICANES is a certifiable idiot. Or at at the very least, a Reddit sh*tpost made flesh.

In a week where his Justice Department is appealing the SC to allow discrimination against gay people, or the multiple attempts to rollback environmental or animal preservation laws, this latest buffoonery is hard to grasp as simply chortlesome. How can you fairly reconcile a man who vacillates between obscene discriminatory decisions like messing with Title VII, and the above examples of idiocy that'd come off too broad, were it part of some Hollywood script? He's not just an idiot, he's a dangerous idiot.

Sigh. Yet if you open threads elsewhere on this site, in fora with less stringent charters, you'll find those who'd call the likes of me suffering from "derangement syndrome", or championing Trump 'cos he's kicking against SJWs or the "leftist agenda". Posters who have popped in here now raging against liberals and this forum 'cos we don't take Trump seriously?

Give me a break. The projection going on is unreal.

• Advertisement

pixelburp wrote: »
    Once again we reach a point where this forum's insistence upon civility, and its ban on flippancy like memes, feels redundant & inadequate to tackle a headline like that.

I'm saying it, if it I haven't already 'cos it's damn well likely: Donald Trump is a moron. If you're a Trump supporter & hate-reading this thread, come at me bro'. Cos anyone who suggests raking forest floors, that wind turbines give you cancer, or to NUKE HURRICANES is a certifiable idiot. Or at at the very least, a Reddit sh*tpost made flesh.

In a week where his Justice Department is appealing the SC to allow discrimination against gay people, or the multiple attempts to rollback environmental or animal preservation laws, this latest buffoonery is hard to grasp as simply chortlesome. How can you fairly reconcile a man who vacillates between obscene discriminatory decisions like messing with Title VII, and the above examples of idiocy that'd come off too broad, were it part of some Hollywood script? He's not just an idiot, he's a dangerous idiot.

Sigh. Yet if you open threads elsewhere on this site, in fora with less stringent charters, you'll find those who'd call the likes of me suffering from "derangement syndrome", or championing Trump 'cos he's kicking against SJWs or the "leftist agenda". Posters who have popped in here now raging against liberals and this forum 'cos we don't take Trump seriously?

Give me a break. The projection going on is unreal.

In fairness, you may get someone on here saying that he wasn't suggesting that we "nuke hurricanes", he was suggesting that we drop a nuke in the eye of a hurricane. See? Completely different.

And anyway, Hillary something something something...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭Christy42

He also doubled down on ordering businesses out of China. Citing an extraordinary powers act that does not seem appropriate. However he will try and completely abuse anything that could give him dictator style powers and so he loves it.

Not that he will follow through when every business ignores him and buys from China.

The above was leaked so I don't think it is hiring anything. As ever the simplest solution is probably correct and here that means Trump is an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

I really DON'T UNDERSTAND how the people around him don't pull the 25th amendment at this stage. The guy is straight up crazy and not mentally stable.

Nuking hurricanes!......WTF....:eek:

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    I really DON'T UNDERSTAND how the people around him don't pull the 25th amendment at this stage. The guy is straight up crazy and not mentally stable.

Senate needs to confirm the acting secretaries and *then* the 25th can happen. Now... who is it that's driving the Senate? Uhuh. Moscow Mitch.

Trump bumbled into a way to prevent the 25th being invoked by simply letting his secretaries resign, appoint acting secretaries, not bothering to put them through the official nomination process (maybe one or two like the Secdef's no longer acting I don't think). I think the law is 210 days they can be acting otherwise out and probably then, he can appoint more acting secretaries. Cool, eh?

ECO_Mental wrote: »

They are already spinning it as a well intentioned idea from a totally not crazy president!

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/458767-official-on-trumps-hurricane-nuking-idea-his-objective-is-not-bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,346 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Presumably most of the Trump brand stuff is still being made in China? From last December https://qz.com/1483890/how-many-donald-trump-products-are-made-in-the-usa/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭amandstu

looksee wrote: »
    Presumably most of the Trump brand stuff is still being made in China? From last December https://qz.com/1483890/how-many-donald-trump-products-are-made-in-the-usa/
    Can he be prosecuted for disobeying his own "I hereby" orders?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,630 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

This coming in the week news breaks that the Congress-created W/House Science office is emptied? There's a reason for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Carry wrote: »
    I actually decided since my last post here not to post anymore in the Trump presidency thread, because I despair of all that idiocy that man is spouting. However I do skim this thread.

Something made me look closely at that clip where he repeatedly said 'oranges' instead of 'origins'. Not sure if your pupils should be this large in a well lit room.

489124.jpg

He might come to an agreement with one of his dictator pals to aim their test missiles at them as they pass by on their way the US.

Think outside the box ,Mr Prisedtn.

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Something made me look closely at that clip where he repeatedly said 'oranges' instead of 'origins'. Not sure if your pupils should be this large in a well lit room.
    If you look at yourself in a mirror your eyes dilate naturally.Trump is just Mr Natral.

amandstu wrote: »
    If you look at yourself in a mirror your eyes dilate naturally.Trump is just Mr Natral.
    In the interest of posting accurate information on boards, I tested your hypothesis in a bathroom that was not lit by TV lighting and failed to produce any increase in the diameter of my pupils despite repeatedly calling myself beautiful and making admiring noises. Other experiments involving the use of strong drink were rejected because (a) it's a bit too early in the day and (b) I'm not a priest.

prawnsambo wrote: »
    In the interest of posting accurate information on boards, I tested your hypothesis in a bathroom that was not lit by TV lighting and failed to produce any increase in the diameter of my pupils despite repeatedly calling myself beautiful and making admiring noises. Other experiments involving the use of strong drink were rejected because (a) it's a bit too early in the day and (b) I'm not a priest.
    Embarassingly it works for me(not that I've tried it in years)

Also works if your stoned(if that needs saying)

I may be wrong but I think pointy pupils indicates fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

I didn't believe this until he denied it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Rumor floating around Trump backed off on Denmark (after calling another woman nasty, modus operandi for Trump), because Obama will be there a few weeks later and he didn't want his visit eventually upstaged.

https://www.theroot.com/did-forever-president-obama-punk-trump-out-of-visiting-1837447022

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭serfboard

Igotadose wrote: »
    Great quote from that article:
    The Root wrote:
    Obama is a goddamn rockstar. Everywhere he goes, he gets the kind of reception that Trump only gets during his rallies. It’s why the president rallies so much; it’s because he can’t survive without adoration. He must be adored, which is why he spends so much time on Twitter tweeting out his own praises.
    Yep. NPD.
    The Root wrote:
    it turns out that all of that talk about Greenland could’ve been bullsh1t. Like a child who fakes a stomachache to get out of a fight after school, Trump may have run his Greenland play to avoid the obvious upstaging
    The Atlantic's David Frum tweeted
    And, in a humourous reply to The Root article, someone posted:
    Obama should get Trump’s travel plans and follow him everywhere. Just troll the fúck out of him until the election. Hands down the best plan. I’ll donate to this PAC every payday.

Interesting story covered late last week about Neal's quest for Trump's taxes. Filed away under exhibit "QQ" was information relating to a whistleblower in the IRS who says that there are shenanigans afoot in the "auditing" of his taxes. The Secretary has proof which has been offered up to the Court.

Again, another scandal that would sink an ordinary administration, but sure, go ahead and throw it onto the 2 storey high pile regarding this dumpster fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Trump has announced that next year's G7 will be in Miami, no prizes for saying the exact location. He's lining his own pockets and everyone just shrugs

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Now, the G7 is a talking shop so don't think I put much stock in it in the first place, but Trump was not in attendance for a meeting on "biodiversity, climate and oceans" (and presumably the fires raging in the Amazon); bare in mind that officials already wondered why "niche" matters such as Climate Change were being discussed as a priority at all.

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1165960721198456838

When asked why he wasn't in attendance, the White House said Trump had a prior meeting with Germany and India - despite both leaders being present at the above meeting.

https://twitter.com/Kevinliptakcnn/status/1165965570392698881

Make no mistake: this administration would strip-mine and burn down every patch on green in their country, and through either inaction, or his oil/coal lobbyists now heading EPA et al, this is happening. The Greenland idiocy, and his buddy in Brazil, is evidence enough that this is also a global problem.

What frustrates me most about the environmental debate is that(apart from becoming partisan issue in the US), people have become fixated on the issue of Carbon, and the proposition of carbon taxes. The stability of the planet - and the ecosystem that we 100% rely on for everything in our lives - is so much more than flippin' carbon, yet the subject gets boiled down to this "hot button" topic. One that's too often brushed aside by everyone with a ... shall we say, fiscal conservatism in their blood. Or if it's not the carbon tax, its contrarian arguments over Climate Change, trying to muddy the discussion.

The subject has become overly simplified, and while the Amazon burns, we waffle over carbon taxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,649 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Anyone watching this absurd press conference with Trump from France?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

This fella is beyond the joke now. If Trump was a stand up the mic would drop him.

Anyone watching this absurd press conference with Trump from France?
    Anyone watching these things have all my sympathy. It's just mind-boggling nonsense from start to finish. The man is not well. It's not even funny any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,649 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

He just talked about his golf course in the UK - Doonbeg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Sorry if this was posted already.

https://twitter.com/TylerHuckabee/status/1164607230416740352

How can anyone take this guy serious. :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement