Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Qelres. wrote: »
    What sort of long term damage is trump doing with all this kamikaze stuff

Or can it even be evaluated yet?

On the international diplomacy stage, It's pretty clear that the other G7 members has recognised him as being a spanner, albeit a temporary spanner in the works, but a spanner nonetheless and are just waiting out the next 15 months until he's replaced.

Domestically, it's an absolute sh!tstorm and indefinable as to when the states could recover from this

aloyisious wrote: »
    Maybe the residents and club members might object to being "evacuated" to another location by the US Secret Service and Homeland Security on the insistence of the foreign visitors security services, scuppering any plan to use of Mar-el-largo for the G7 meeting. Making deals with one Trump is hard enough for the visitors without the fan-club getting a look-in trying to get signatures on pieces of paper.

I'm sure he'll be ticketing entrants at a hefty fee for facetime with those leaders.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Very obviously and definitely insider trading going on.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1166319451094040577?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 29,273 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

duploelabs wrote: »
    What sort of long term damage is trump doing with all this kamikaze stuff

Or can it even be evaluated yet?

On the international diplomacy stage, It's pretty clear that the other G7 members has recognised him as being a spanner, albeit a temporary spanner in the works, but a spanner nonetheless and are just waiting out the next 15 months until he's replaced.

Domestically, it's an absolute sh!tstorm and indefinable as to when the states could recover from this

He could just get another term

• Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Very obviously and definitely insider trading going on.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1166319451094040577?s=21

Those sales I believe (well, for some of the companies anyway) are scheduled way in advance and the schedules made public, as obviously they're material events and can impact prices.
    Plus my guess is mostly selling options not outright shares, so that's just 'profit taking.' CNN might just be looking for some bad news, and the stock market's been so overheated for so long this aspect isn't surprising to me. Prices are high - cash in options now. I would if I could.

That doesn't mean I'm personally optimistic about the world or US economy. Brexit will hurt everywhere a lot, especially Ireland and the UK. That'll have knock-on effects worldwide. The chaos in the White House and senseless trade wars don't help. But I think Brexit's the "Black Swan" that will tip everything into recession worldwide.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Qelres.

Are the Mexicans actually dealing with all the South American migrants now

Genius move in fairness if if its actually happening

Are the Mexicans actually dealing with all the South American migrants now

Genius move in fairness if if its actually happening

Yes, he's a very stable genius /s

• Registered Users Posts: 28,346 ✭✭✭✭looksee

everlast75 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/1166031887242018816?s=19

Can a Trump supporter please explain how this isn't a clear violation of the Emoluments Clause?

And how this is not Trump using an international podium to do a sales job on his property? G7 should be charging him advertising fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

looksee wrote: »
    And how this is not Trump using an international podium to do a sales job on his property? G7 should be charging him advertising fees.

So, at a G7 where Trump behaved badly and reduced US influence globally even more, no doubt causing shrinkage in the US economy and weakening of confidence in the dollar, what's everyone on about? Him promoting his golf course for the next one. Even ol' Walter Shaub is in the news banging on about the emoluments clause yet again.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/rick-santorum-donald-trump-hell-no_n_5d64b40ae4b0641b25520e08

Pointless in my view - hammer on what Trump did to the US at the meeting, not his bad self promoting behavior. We know that (those aware of Trump's actions over the last 2+ years, anyway.) We know he'll do this to distract, along with the chosen one crap.

Where are the tax returns? Where's the impeachment process going? The insurance fraud accusations?

That's what matters, not whether he's found another way to distract the media (which, when it gets quiet, he lies, gets called out on it, claims he never said that and the media's lying, etc.) Talk about the jobs report showing jobs growth is actually lower than he's claimed.

Nah. Golf courses and bedbugs. That's what matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I hear the FEC is to lose a commissioner soon and given the way these positions don't actually get filled in this era they have now reached the point where they will no longer be able to reach a quorum....

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

I hear the FEC is to lose a commissioner soon and given the way these positions don't actually get filled in this era they have now reached the point where they will no longer be able to reach a quorum....

Correct! It's Vice Chairman is resigning. Because it won't have a quorum, it won't be able to make/ratify decisions around investigations and monitoring of how the political parties behave themselves.

This is the Commission, chaired by Ellen Weintraub that has had to call out Trump on two occasions recently for his approach to elections. Trump and Moscow Mitch have let it die a death by not filling vacancies, leading to this new situation. That said, ever since George W Bush's presidency, no President has done particularly well at getting new blood on board. Its almost as though neither of the two main parties like to enforce election fairness...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,346 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Igotadose wrote: »
    So, at a G7 where Trump behaved badly and reduced US influence globally even more, no doubt causing shrinkage in the US economy and weakening of confidence in the dollar, what's everyone on about? Him promoting his golf course for the next one. Even ol' Walter Shaub is in the news banging on about the emoluments clause yet again.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/rick-santorum-donald-trump-hell-no_n_5d64b40ae4b0641b25520e08

Pointless in my view - hammer on what Trump did to the US at the meeting, not his bad self promoting behavior. We know that (those aware of Trump's actions over the last 2+ years, anyway.) We know he'll do this to distract, along with the chosen one crap.

Where are the tax returns? Where's the impeachment process going? The insurance fraud accusations?

That's what matters, not whether he's found another way to distract the media (which, when it gets quiet, he lies, gets called out on it, claims he never said that and the media's lying, etc.) Talk about the jobs report showing jobs growth is actually lower than he's claimed.

Nah. Golf courses and bedbugs. That's what matters.

You are talking about things as though it is an 'either/or' situation.

There are 95 other very important things that have been pointed out, but nothing has happened on them, or will happen; that is true. Why does this mean that all the other stuff that he does cannot be mentioned? Nothing will happen about it either, except that the US's reputation goes further down the tubes, but it is worth mentioning if only to clarify that the tally is endless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Surely the situation with the FEC must be entering the city limits of Dereliction of Duty?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Surely the situation with the FEC must be entering the city limits of Dereliction of Duty?

I believe it was worse one time before, they didn't have enough members for a quorum for 6 months, 2008 I think the woman said.

Should be 6 members, 3 Dems 3 Reps. From this weekend, it will be down to 3 members total.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

I believe it was worse one time before, they didn't have enough members for a quorum for 6 months, 2008 I think the woman said.

Should be 6 members, 3 Dems 3 Reps. From this weekend, it will be down to 3 members total.

Moscow Mitch was Senate Minority Leader then, and held up appointments because a favourite of his (Hans von Spakovsky) was denied Senate approval after being nominated by Bush. Von Spakovsky had a history of disenfranchising poor and minority voters and was considered entirely unacceptable as an FEC member. So, it seems like the same old Republican faces are back in the game, trying to hobble the body designed to keep elections fair.

See this from 2008 for background:
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fec-fight-leaves-candidates-hanging/#

• Registered Users Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭relax carry on

I love when CNN do the top takeaways from his crazy press conference transcripts. What else can be said about Trump that hasn't already been said. It's best to let his own words condemn him for the fool he is. Some of my favourites.

20. "Now, it's a very big area, a very important area. Russia has its submarine -- that's where they do their submarine work, and that's where they dock large and powerful submarines."

Crimea: Where Russia does its "submarine work."

21. "But not as powerful as ours and not as large as ours. But they have their submarines."

Russia, yeah, they have some submarines. I mean, they're not US submarines but they have them.

22. "It could have been stopped. It could have been stopped with the right -- whatever. It could have been stopped. But President Obama was unable to stop it, and it's too bad."

If only Obama had been smart enough to deploy the "whatever" in Crimea! How did he not think of that?

23. "You have a G8, now it's a G7, and you invite the person that was thrown out, really by President Obama and really because he got outsmarted. President Obama, pure and simple"

Say it with me: Russia was removed from the G8 because it annexed another country's land using military force. (I know it's a mouthful. But it's also true!

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/27/politics/trump-g7-press-conference/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 18,926 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I love when CNN do the top takeaways from his crazy press conference transcripts. What else can be said about Trump that hasn't already been said. It's best to let his own words condemn him for the fool he is. Some of my favourites.

20. "Now, it's a very big area, a very important area. Russia has its submarine -- that's where they do their submarine work, and that's where they dock large and powerful submarines."

Crimea: Where Russia does its "submarine work."

21. "But not as powerful as ours and not as large as ours. But they have their submarines."

Russia, yeah, they have some submarines. I mean, they're not US submarines but they have them.

22. "It could have been stopped. It could have been stopped with the right -- whatever. It could have been stopped. But President Obama was unable to stop it, and it's too bad."

If only Obama had been smart enough to deploy the "whatever" in Crimea! How did he not think of that?

23. "You have a G8, now it's a G7, and you invite the person that was thrown out, really by President Obama and really because he got outsmarted. President Obama, pure and simple"

Say it with me: Russia was removed from the G8 because it annexed another country's land using military force. (I know it's a mouthful. But it's also true!

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/27/politics/trump-g7-press-conference/index.html

That's fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,383 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Now this is a bad look if true.. Lawrence had better be right

https://twitter.com/ScottMStedman/status/1166535318369161223?s=19

On a *completely* separate note, why was Trump so eager to believe Putin over his own intelligence agencies and why did he push so hard for Russia to be let back into the G8?

https://twitter.com/mateagold/status/1166447598150070272?s=19

I don't know about you, but the first words that came out of my mouth were JFC.

They are not even trying to hide it anymore.

Now this is a bad look if true.. Lawrence had better be right

https://twitter.com/ScottMStedman/status/1166535318369161223?s=19

On a *completely* separate note, why was Trump so eager to believe Putin over his own intelligence agencies and why did he push so hard for Russia to be let back into the G8?
    'No puppet, you're the puppet'
    That said, I'd advise caution with this one as it's only just one source so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

This must be fake news. The idea that a stable genius billionaire and best selling author of "The art of the deal" would need a co-signer on a loan is laughable!

But seriously, are 'loans' of this value co-signed? Are they not just 'other investors' with varying ownership interests?

Also, isn't describing a Russian billionaire as 'close to Putin' a bit redundant?

Also, isn't describing a Russian billionaire as 'close to Putin' a bit redundant?

You can't be a billionaire in Russia without being close to Putin, otherwise you'll commit suicide in perfectly reasonable and plausible conditions /s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

duploelabs wrote: »
    'No puppet, you're the puppet'
    That said, I'd advise caution with this one as it's only just one source so far

Apparently this was already outed 3 years ago by a Dutch organization but no one really picked it up

https://zembla.bnnvara.nl/nieuws/the-dubious-friends-of-donald-trump-part-two-king-of-diamonds

Read on the twitter machine this morning that this whole Trump and Russian Oligarchs guaranteeing his loans and co-signing them is the big smoking gun Pelosi has been aiming at. Its the iron clad F-you to the GOP, here is the hard evidence that Trump is under the control of the Russians. Now lets impeach the Mother F**ker.

I also don't think that O'Donnell would risk going to press on one source is he wasn't 100% sure that this source was iron clad. Remember there was a whistle blower back in May from Deutche Bank that said she referred Kushner and Trump loans for investigation...

Anyway like every major scandal Trump has...he will have another one next hour that will divert the attention.....look squirrel!!!!

But this looks serious...

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Also worth pointing out to anyone who comes on here now to say 'but Mueller found no collusion' that there are 14 ongoing sealed FBI investigations that were passed on by Mueller from information garnered from his own investigation. One of them happens to be with an unnamed domestic bank

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Russians consigners to a deutche bank loan is definitely a smoking gun... Seems to perfect to be true....

Russians consigners to a deutche bank loan is definitely a smoking gun... Seems to perfect to be true....

Agreed.

But look at the facts that are there.

1) Trump was a multiple bankrupt with a history of not paying back loans
    2) He became poison to US Banks
    3) Eric Trump said they get all their money from Russia back in 2008

And that's not an exhaustive list.

Then other facts that are clear.
    1) Trump said he would release his tax returns and has not
    2) He prioritised the appointment of staff for the IRS that would resist handing them over
    3) He has launched multiple law suits to avoid them being handed over.

Then look at his behaviour

1) He sides with Putin over the interference claims by his own intelligence agencies
    2) How he conducted himself in general in Helsinki
    3) His strong advocacy for Putin re G8

As I've said before - he has either the worst case of optics or else there is something to all of the above.

Agreed.

But look at the facts that are there.

1) Trump was a multiple bankrupt with a history of not paying back loans
    2) He became poison to US Banks
    3) Eric Trump said they get all their money from Russia back in 2008

And that's not an exhaustive list.

Then other facts that are clear.
    1) Trump said he would release his tax returns and has not
    2) He prioritised the appointment of staff for the IRS that would resist handing them over
    3) He has launched multiple law suits to avoid them being handed over.

Then look at his behaviour

1) He sides with Putin over the interference claims by his own intelligence agencies
    2) How he conducted himself in general in Helsinki
    3) His strong advocacy for Putin re G8

As I've said before - he has either the worst case of optics or else there is something to all of the above.

I said, ‘Eric, who’s funding? I know no banks—because of the recession, the Great Recession—have touched a golf course. You know, no one’s funding any kind of golf construction. It’s dead in the water the last four or five years.’ And this is what he said. He said, ‘Well, we don’t rely on American banks. We have all the funding we need out of Russia.’ I said, ‘Really?’ And he said, ‘Oh, yeah. We’ve got some guys that really, really love golf, and they’re really invested in our programs. We just go there all the time.’

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/05/eric-trump-russia-investment-golf-course

Another reason, although none is needed, to re-up this clip which is an absolute favour of mine..

https://twitter.com/DrDenaGrayson/status/1166681210137059330?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭amandstu

Is Trump's game to normalize relations between the US and Russia with a view to retro legitimizing his own dealings ?(A man ahead of his time :eek:)

• Advertisement

amandstu wrote: »
    Is Trump's game to normalize relations between the US and Russia with a view to retro legitimizing his own dealings ?(A man ahead of his time :eek:)

No because Kompromat. Even if you do know what it is, I suggest you google it and look at the first image that appears

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement