Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭relax carry on

BDI wrote: »
    walshb wrote: »
    So will Ed Sheerhan, so what's your point?

They both may not be the hip choice but the both get results.
    Their achievements will speak for themselves in history.

What exactly are Trump's actual tangible/verifiable achievements as POTUS? The only achievement's I can see are chaos, incompetence and division.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

What exactly are Trump's actual tangible/verifiable achievements as POTUS? The only achievement's I can see are chaos, incompetence and division.

English establishment are following suit. It was a stroke of genius putting a leader in charge instead of a reader.
    Every country backs down to America now.
    Land of the free. Home of the brave.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

isohon wrote: »
    Seems more like an incompetent administration messed up and caused needless concern by their ineptitude.

GWB's? Yes, it should have been caught when the State Dept changes were implemented. But Obama's let it slide for 8 years as well, so it's not as if either administration is blameless.

That said, I strongly doubt any administration pays particularly much attention to the fine print of department regulation. It's just one of those regulatory things that someone finally noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭randomname2005

They both may not be the hip choice but the both get results.
    Their achievements will speak for themselves in history.

When we consider Clinton, we can see how he championed the peace process, and he will be remembered for that in the history books. When we consider Obama we can see how he championed universal health insurance and he will be remembered in the history books for that. Both of those presidents were vocally supportive of these ideas and worked hard to get them through. There are other things too that they may not be remembered fondly for but they are clear examples of ideas they pushed through which most people would be proud of and, if I was American, I would be proud to say my leader did.

When I consider Trump I see him championing a wall he said Mexico and Canada were going to pay for, which will not happen. I see him championing nepotism, lying and corruption (family in jobs they shouldn't have and getting the g7 to his resort, taking the word of Putin over his intelligence, refusing to release his tax returns which he said he would, etc etc). I see him banging on about an economy which is turbulent, and which isn't doing better than Obama. But most importantly I haven't seen him champion anything which would make me proud of the leader of my country.

When the history books are written, what achievements can be attributed to him being the driving force behind them ?(with evidence please)

English establishment are following suit. It was a stroke of genius putting a leader in charge instead of a reader.
    Every country backs down to America now.
    Land of the free. Home of the brave.
    Really, China are giving him two fingers and the rest of the world are turning their backs.

• Advertisement

When we consider Clinton, we can see how he championed the peace process, and he will be remembered for that in the history books. When we consider Obama we can see how he championed universal health insurance and he will be remembered in the history books for that. Both of those presidents were vocally supportive of these ideas and worked hard to get them through. There are other things too that they may not be remembered fondly for but they are clear examples of ideas they pushed through which most people would be proud of and, if I was American, I would be proud to say my leader did.

When I consider Trump I see him championing a wall he said Mexico and Canada were going to pay for, which will not happen. I see him championing nepotism, lying and corruption (family in jobs they shouldn't have and getting the g7 to his resort, taking the word of Putin over his intelligence, refusing to release his tax returns which he said he would, etc etc). I see him banging on about an economy which is turbulent, and which isn't doing better than Obama. But most importantly I haven't seen him champion anything which would make me proud of the leader of my country.

When the history books are written, what achievements can be attributed to him being the driving force behind them ?(with evidence please)

I for one don’t get up in the morning and worry about the rocket man or Russia acting the maggot. Spent the whole Obama admin worrying about it.

He kept crooked Hilary out of power too. Which would have been devastating to the whole world.

Ever see Clinton cash documentary. Frightening if she was made POTUS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

I for one don’t get up in the morning and worry about the rocket man or Russia acting the maggot. Spent the whole Obama admin worrying about it.

He kept crooked Hilary out of power too. Which would have been devastating to the whole world.

So, we're back to re-litigating the 2016 election again (and the previous 8 years under Obama and all the time spent by the Clintons? Like, Bill Clinton finished his term of office almost 20 years ago, FFS! )

Its clear to me these posts from a recently created Boards account, are solely intended at incitement and trolling to derail the thread. I'm surprised at the number of people who are engaging with this bullcrap as though there is a whisper of a genuine interest in meaningful discussion in these ridiculous posts...

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    So, we're back to re-litigating the 2016 election again (and the previous 8 years under Obama and all the time spent by the Clintons? Like, Bill Clinton finished his term of office almost 20 years ago, FFS! )

Its clear to me these posts from a recently created Boards account, are solely intended at incitement and trolling to derail the thread. I'm surprised at the number of people who are engaging with this bullcrap as though there is a genuine interest in meaningful discussion...

Meaningful discussion? Call me a troll for being relatively new? Surprised that a number of people have a different opinion than you? Call this opinion bull crap. Meaningful discussion?

I for one feel safe on a world level for the first time since I can remember. Is that not a reasonable gauge to evaluate the leader of the free world on?

Really, China are giving him two fingers and the rest of the world are turning their backs.

This was said about every thing he has done so far until he got results. He is like the renegade cop that doesn’t do things by the book but gets results.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Meaningful discussion? Call me a troll for being relatively new? Surprised that a number of people have a different opinion than you? Call this opinion bull crap. Meaningful discussion?

I for one feel safe on a world level for the first time since I can remember. Is that not a reasonable gauge to evaluate the leader of the free world on?

People should gauge the leader of the free world on whether or not you feel safe? Seems legit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

This was said about every thing he has done so far until he got results. He is like the renegade cop that doesn’t do things by the book but gets results.

What results? You keep using that word but you seem to have a different definition that, well, any English speaker.

NK is still testing, Russia is still messing around in Ukraine, SA gets away with chopping up an American resident, farmers are receiving welfare, Americans are paying more for consumer products, Mexico isn't paying for the wall that isn't even being built, world leaders are ignoring the Commander in Chief and and the indicators are pointing to a crash within two years.

Results me hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Yes, the winner of the election got elected, that is definitely an achievement that will go down in the history books. Just the same as every other election winner.

You don't have to worry about Putin acting the maggot because Trump wants him to and he probably is. Trump, unfortunately I can't remember the exact quote, basically said he would welcome interference from Russia again. And rocket man, presumably Kim, is launching missiles again and Trump is not happy so you should be worried.

What he has done is befriend two dictators, essentially legitimizing their rule, and gotten nothing positive in return from a world stability perspective. I'm not sure that legitimizing dictators is something to be proud of, but perhaps we have different ideals.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

No its not. If you were genuinely waking up every morning of Obama's tenure worrying about what Russia was doing then I have no faith in your abilitly to accurately asses anyting in regards to the stability of the world. You can't post sometihng as crazy as that and then whinge when people don't take you seriously.

What measurable criteria do you use to decide whether a president is good or bad, and how would you compare Obama and Trump based on those criteria? Since you've decided one is better than the other you must have based that preference on some hard evidence?

MadYaker wrote: »
    No its not. If you were genuinely waking up every morning of Obama's tenure worrying about what Russia was doing then I have no faith in your abilitly to accurately asses anyting in regards to the stability of the world. You can't post sometihng as crazy as that and then whinge when people don't take you seriously.

Ok guys, seems you don’t care about what the average man on the street thinks and only want news you want to read. Doesn’t matter if that news is made up or not.

Trump will storm the next election. I’m not going to discuss his achievements here because they won’t be taken seriously. A safe pair of hands to run the world for another few years yet. Could even become the longest running president ever with a couple of rule changes. Which I would fully support.

Ok guys, seems you don’t care about what the average man on the street thinks and only want news you want to read. Doesn’t matter if that news is made up or not.

Trump will storm the next election. I’m not going to discuss his achievements here because they won’t be taken seriously. A safe pair of hands to run the world for another few years yet. Could even become the longest running president ever with a couple of rule changes. Which I would fully support.
    How would you feel about those rule changes if they were suggested by another president if trump lost? Say Warren or another democrat wins and wants more than two terms for example.

I think a link was posted here few days ago, but I cant find it...

I'm watching Trevor Noah's Daily Show "Donsplaining" montage on YouTube....

Oh.My.Sweet.God!!!

This should simply be a sticky on this thread. It would cut out the need for 98% of the traffic on the thread, as EVERYTHING he says is simply a re-statement of lunacy stated already. AND WE HAVE FILM!

Aaaand, ppl still support (and use the mop and bucket in ways described by Everlast) this person as POTUS???? THIS. FCUKING. MORON??? ...

How would you feel about those rule changes if they were suggested by another president if trump lost? Say Warren or another democrat wins and wants more than two terms for example.

If I felt as safe as I do now with somebody else in charge I’d let them run on.

I think a link was posted here few days ago, but I cant find it...

I'm watching Trevor Noah's Daily Show "Donsplaining" montage on YouTube....

Oh.My.Sweet.God!!!

This should simply be a sticky on this thread. It would cut out the need for 98% of the traffic on the thread, as EVERYTHING he says is simply a re-statement of lunacy stated already. AND WE HAVE FILM!

Aaaand, ppl still support (and use the mop and bucket in ways described by Everlast) this person as POTUS???? THIS. FCUKING. MORON??? ...

Seriously, name calling, what have you achieved that qualifies you to call a man who got to the top of every game he played, a moron?

If I felt as safe as I do now with somebody else in charge I’d let them run on.

Do women feel safe?

Do women feel safe?

Wife says she wouldn’t feel any safer if Hilary was put in charge.

• Advertisement

Seriously, name calling, what have you achieved that qualifies you to call a man who got to the top of every game he played, a moron?

Principally, I learned to read...

As a result of that I was able to use written statements of account/evidence to form opinions and then, having evaluated said evidence, I made judgements..

That massive level of evidence, as contained in the writings of people who met/knew/investigated/dealt with Trump, lead me to a single, inalienable truth...

The Don is a total fcuking moron (TFM)...

And that TFM has been in charge of a massive criminal conspiracy for decades...

This is RICO, pure and simple...

Not to mention all the criminal abuse of women in respect of which he has been repeatedly accused...

And the Russians??? Jeez, better not have to explain the Russians!

Oh, and as for getting on top of every game he played... I'm sorry,but I cant compete on that one...

Trump only plays Golf...

And I don't!

And in order to win soooo bigly, Trump cheats! All.The.Time.

And I don't!

So I suppose you're right! That difference between us leaves me un- qualified to judge him to be a total fcuking moron (TFM)...

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Ben Done

Seriously, 3/10 level stuff.
    Why are people bothering?

Ben Done wrote: »
    Seriously, 3/10 level stuff.
    Why are people bothering?

Just practicing... Awaiting a a true George Carlin to emerge in support of Trump!

Principally, I learned to read...

As a result of that I was able to use written statements of account/evidence to form opinions and then, having evaluated said evidence, I made judgements..

That massive level of evidence, as contained in the writings of people who met/knew/investigated/dealt with Trump, lead me to a single, inalienable truth...

The Don is a total fcuking moron (TFM)...

And that TFM has been in charge of a massive criminal conspiracy for decades...

This is RICO, pure and simple...

Not to mention all the criminal abuse of women in respect of which he has been repeatedly accused...

And the Russians??? Jeez, better not have to explain the Russians!

Oh, and as for getting on top of every game he played... I'm sorry,but I cant compete on that one...

Trump only plays Golf...

And I don't!

And in order to win soooo bigly, Trump cheats! All.The.Time.

And I don't!

So I suppose you're right! That difference between us leaves me un- qualified to judge him to be a total fcuking moron (TFM)...

Ok. I see. You read accounts of things. A massive criminal conspiracy for years. Grand. Every agency in the world trying to dig up any shred of dirt.
    Still sitting in the White House. Not a bother. Hottest wife in politics. Brilliant genetics. A successful reality tv career. A tower in New York. Golf courses. Had everything lost it all and got it all back again or always had everything depending on how you want to paint him.

Run out of steam and start slagging his appearance or his hands.

Probably will go down as one of the greatest men of all time.

Ok. I see. You read accounts of things. A massive criminal conspiracy for years. Grand. Every agency in the world trying to dig up any shred of dirt.
    Still sitting in the White House. Not a bother. Hottest wife in politics. Brilliant genetics. A successful reality tv career. A tower in New York. Golf courses. Had everything lost it all and got it all back again or always had everything depending on how you want to paint him.

Well that's my mind completely changed. No arguing with that logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I read lots of different news from lots of different sources.

But to be honest if, as you indicated above, you aren't interested in having a proper discussion there's not much point in you posting here. If you just want to write posts saying how trump is great and he's gonna storm the election maga etc etc then after hours or the current affairs forum would probably be better.

Coming in and complaining about it being an echo chamber and then refusing to engage in meaningful facts based discussion might get you banned.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Hottest wife in politics, but slept with porn stars while she was pregnant. What a guy.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

I read lots of different news from lots of different sources.

But to be honest if, as you indicated above, you aren't interested in having a proper discussion there's not much point in you posting here. If you just want to write posts saying how trump is great and he's gonna storm the election maga etc etc then after hours or the current affairs forum would probably be better.

Coming in and complaining about it being an echo chamber and then refusing to engage in meaningful facts based discussion might get you banned.

Ok. I just thought I’d let you know how the average family on the street think of the man, the legend. He is also huge in popular culture now. The kids all know who he is.

I think his daughter could be the first female president of America. I just seen people here hoping and suggesting he would be arrested soon and that some sort of dirt uncovers soon and thought that suggesting otherwise would be ok.

There was name calling and suggesting a man who became leader of the free world was a moron and yet also head of a lifelong criminal organization and still American president. That was all ok but it has been drawn to my attention I could be banned for defending the great man.

I will bow out of here lads. Enjoy the conspiracy.

Brian? wrote: »
    Hottest wife in politics, but slept with porn stars while she was pregnant. What a guy.

WHAT???? Angela Merkel

SLEPT WITH PORN STARS

WHILE SHE WAS PREGNANT???

Who knew?

yeah, I agree... Joachim Saueur is some guy... I think he still really does love Angela despite her dalliance with the ladies of the Reeperbahn... And... yes, she was pregnant! But it wasn't his child... So all's ok!

• Advertisement

Brian? wrote: »

I can’t imagine any other case people would believe a porn star over the president of the us.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement