Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Clicked into the steaming link and bombarded by glib MAGA shouting and racist whinging about the broadcaster speaking Spanish. The internet truly is a cesspit when the stars align to allow its bottom feeders coalesce.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,378 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Yeah that second link you posted shows that it's not a blue skies day in Washington DC. What time is it meant to start Irish time ?

Around midnight I understand

• Registered Users Posts: 8,938 ✭✭✭20Cent

The weather is not cooperating by the sounds of it.

https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-washington-dc-july-4-2019/index.html

President Trump still plans to deliver remarks at his "Salute to America" event tonight, despite an announcement there would be a delay in the program.

Trump was originally scheduled to deliver an address at 6:30 p.m. ET.

White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham said there has not been a bad weather call and added that the President would travel the short distance to the Lincoln Memorial.

What we know so far: We don't have details about the length of the delay, but there is severe weather in the Washington area and low cloud cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,649 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Igotadose wrote: »
    Trump's campaign hiring foreign models to pose as Americans.

Just can't make this stuff up.
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-facebook-ad-stock-models_n_5d1d7f12e4b0f312567eb8ae

Hilarious AND with the theme of fake news! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,823 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

everlast75 wrote: »
    Yeah that second link you posted shows that it's not a blue skies day in Washington DC. What time is it meant to start Irish time ?

Around midnight I understand
    Balls to that. I've got a prior apointment with my bed at that time of night.

• Advertisement

Balls to that. I've got a prior apointment with my bed at that time of night.

Well if you can't sleep, tune in!

I wished it didn't rain, so he would not have an excuse for the poor turnout (presuming there is small turnout)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,649 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Stream here

Rain has stopped for now but lots of storms building which he will use as an excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Trumps 4th of July celebration has been a total Disaster !!! WHAT A MESS !!! #SAD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Trumps 4th of July celebration has been a total Disaster !!! WHAT A MESS !!! #SAD

How will he spin this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Donnie's rallies really do attract a special kind of @rsehole

Screenshot-20190704-224518.jpg

• Advertisement

That caution sign can't be real !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I don't believe that's real. I have little respect for the MAGA crowd but not even they could be that flippantly, gleefully callous. If it is geniune, and not some troll via the Daily Show or its ilk, then ... Well. Not even sure what the conclusion is. There are always the bottom feeders but that feels like a new low.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭greenfield21

That poster has caused some confusion ha, I think she's just trolling both sides. Still can't believe people circulate that with a person's face so clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The face may not be the person sat there - if there is a person sat there at all. #deepfakes

pixelburp wrote: »
    I don't believe that's real. I have little respect for the MAGA crowd but not even they could be that flippantly, gleefully callous. If it is geniune, and not some troll via the Daily Show or its ilk, then ... Well. Not even sure what the conclusion is. There are always the bottom feeders but that feels like a new low.

That's the problem with Twitter. Retweets lead people to believe it's real.

There was a story the government turned off certain cctv due to lack of crowds but others said it was off for months.

No verification before tweeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Yeah, I didn't check the scource for that before I posted it

Apologies if it's fake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

D-p_fUCX4AAXMUP?format=jpg

no hat for Trump !!! Im surprised....

That bullet proof glass doesn't look great in the rain....

Very weak speech so far...crowd did get excited about Space Force though.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,162 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

no hat for Trump !!! Im surprised....

If he start's a campaign rally, he'll get in big trouble iirc

I have never heard him talk this long without mentioning Hilary Clinton....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It'd be gas if he was struck by lightning. Honestly, what would the effect be? Would the Christians abandon him at such a clear sign of the Lord's displeasure?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,571 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

• Registered Users Posts: 11,450 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

D-qmdZ8XUAMxQr-.jpg

Not a great day over there

Gbear wrote: »
    It'd be gas if he was struck by lightning. Honestly, what would the effect be? Would the Christians abandon him at such a clear sign of the Lord's displeasure?

That would be the perfect ending to Trump

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Let's not get silly please.

this is awful...so much awkward applause

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

If you are going to do the military thing you need to do it bigly, or not at all, like the Russians would. This thing looks Mickey mouse and only succeeds in making the US look foolish, not helped by the real estate guy blathering on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

If you are going to do the military thing you need to do it bigly, or not at all, like the Russians would. This thing looks Mickey mouse and only succeeds in making the US look foolish, not helped by the real estate guy blathering on.

Yeah.. It's really neither one thing nor the other really..

Trump randomly recounting various moments from History for 10 minutes followed by a 15s interlude while some aircraft fly overhead at several hundred miles an hour..

He looks so awkward on stage when he tries to show feelings or respect - every time he paused to welcome some genuine hero to the crowd he just looked so utterly uncomfortable and simply didn't know what he was supposed to do , he just kinda stood there looked pained..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement