Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Maguire being tied in knots here. Could be a long hearing.

He is really squirming with Schiff's questions. And it's not like he couldn't have anticipated the questions and been prepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Now its the idiot Nunes´s turn to ask some stupdi stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies

Call me Al wrote: »
    He is really squirming with Schiff's questions. And it's not like he couldn't have anticipated the questions and been prepared.

You can prepare all you want for such situations just like footballers taking penalties, when you're there in the moment with the pressure on it's a whole different story. I used to struggle giving presentations in front of 20 people to the point of panic attacks, imagine what this guy is feeling. Obviously some people are experienced with public speaking but this guy appears not.

Nunez is really struggling to come up with a counter balance and the rest of the R's won't either. What Trump did is there in black and white and the Democrats know they have him and the Republicans by the balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,378 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Not one word excusing the conduct of Trump.

Is this the best the Reps can do?

kilns wrote: »
    Nikki Haley will be their back up plan for sure

2024 for sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Assuming (big assumption) that Trump was brought down by this, could they bring John Kasich back in from the wings? He'd likely still hold Republican voters & is probably progressive/moderate enough to likely pick up a fair bit of independent support.

He hasn't in any way been tarnished by support of Trump either, if anything he went the opposite way

Kasich's base is people who don't vote Republicans but think he is one of the less awful ones. He has a very small base as his dismal effort in 2016 proved.

Hailey is the one to watch as she has support across all bases.

If you want to go leftfield maybe someone like Tucker Carlson?

He will run some day and would probably stomp the bland establishment candidates who died a death in 2016.

Probably more likely in 2024 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

When democrats have to reimagine what the POTUS said during the call, then that in and of itself is indicative of him not having said anything which warrants him so much as being chastised, much less him being impeached.

https://twitter.com/stclairashley/status/1177230245843394561

• Registered Users Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

The republican senators are such drama queens... all this false outrage..... conspiracies... victim complex.... they can’t be like that in real life ? They would be horrible to go for a drink with.....

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Biden even said it https://www.insider.com/biden-told-clinton-not-to-criticize-trump-for-access-hollywood-tape-2019-9

The Dems whole strategy was we don't stoop to Trump's level.

Clinton still easily won all three debates. Trump isn't a good debater.

Winning debates does'nt get you the hot seat in the oval office.
    Winning Presidential elections does.
    This crop of Democrats should try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,350 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

RIGOLO wrote: »

I never said it did. I was replying to comments made last night that should Warren win Trump would destroy her in debates.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Mod Note

I've deleted a bunch of posts and issued a number of cards.

If you're new here, please read the charter. This is a forum for discussion and debate. If you're here to take potshots at other users, take potshots at this forum or Boards in general, or just generally act the maggot, don't post here.

One person has been banned for ignoring this mod warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

When democrats have to reimagine what the POTUS said during the call, then that in and of itself is indicative of him not having said anything which warrants him so much as being chastised, much less him being impeached.

https://twitter.com/stclairashley/status/1177230245843394561
    Who's she?

Democrats - pack it in. Drop the impeachment. Trump is bringing in the big guns...

https://twitter.com/VickyPJWard/status/1177253605470015496?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 14,156 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

RIGOLO wrote: »

This crop? They did. You know that whole blue wave last year? You may not have heard about it, I know your news sources are.......limited....shall we say.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

The problem, when you surround yourself with the worst of the worst, and then treat them like dirt, is they won't have the loyalty you crave.

For the 100th time, Trump et al are going to experience this...

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1177254157721513987?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 39,823 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've just read the redacted whistleblower compliant that was released earlier. If Rudy gulianni isn't before congress in the very near future then the democrats will have to answer why.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

everlast75 wrote: »
    Democrats - pack it in. Drop the impeachment. Trump is bringing in the big guns...

https://twitter.com/VickyPJWard/status/1177253605470015496?s=19

This guy is worse than a sewer rat. Surprised he's never had a seat at this particular table before, I suppose it was only a matter of time!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,627 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

duploelabs wrote: »
    I'd love to know what the play is by getting Pence involved, he's been (relatively) squeaky clean in this administration

https://www.inquisitr.com/5656541/donald-trump-mike-pence-conversations-ukraine-president-transcripts/

Probably a distraction move, also preventing MP from being "urged" by other people from making a move on the presidency via the constitution.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1177267434635628544?s=19

Just wondering if Pete thinks Trump was joking here?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

All,

People seem to have lost the run of themselves in the last few days.

Despite repeated Mod warnings , cards and bans we continue to have one liners , joke posts and personal digs.

Sort it out please.

Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭relax carry on

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1177267434635628544?s=19

Just wondering if Pete thinks Trump was joking here?

Nope. Taken out of context! Misquoted! The Dems would never do this to Hillary! Look over there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭vetinari

Isn't it amazing just the part that Trump has admitted to!!
    He's already confirmed that he asked the Ukrainian president to look into Biden's son.
    That alone should be enough to impeach him.
    I should be astonished that he admitted that but he is an idiot at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

vetinari wrote: »
    He's already confirmed that he asked the Ukrainian president to look into Biden's son.
    I should be astonished that he admitted that but he is an idiot at the end of the day.

As an aside, the person who was Ukrainian Prosecutor General at the time has stated that Biden and his son did nothing wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,627 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

vetinari wrote: »

By implication, in saying that whomever gave the whistleblower the information is treasonous and a spy with a broad hint on the deserved fate, Don's confirmed the leak came from a senior member of his admin team who knew what would happen if the gist of the phonecall was revealed, said member seeming to use a cut-out to get the info to the Inspector General. The use of the word treason might well be seen as worrying given the usual treatment for spies in the other country linked to the phonecall. Its president was extremely surprised two days ago when he learned that his side of the conversation was also recorded, not exactly what he expected or reckoned on. He probably thought it was a one-on-one call, same as Don's chat with Vlad and Co.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,335 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Schiff is grinning on CNN, knowing he has Trump.
    Trump threatening potential witnesses really adds to his case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies

The whistle blower is a CIA officer who was previously "detailed to work at the white house". I don't think his name is out but it's only a matter of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The problem, when you surround yourself with the worst of the worst, and then treat them like dirt, is they won't have the loyalty you crave.

For the 100th time, Trump et al are going to experience this...

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1177254157721513987?s=19
    This is why Im starting to think this latest bit of insanity might actually have some legs at long last.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 ub52

So Trump wins big again, it now looks like the leak was a CIA agent spying on the Whitehouse, 100% illegal, no if and or buts, proof positive of a Deep state working to undermine the office of the President of the United States.
    This will fire up Trumps base no end and swing the neutrals around to him as well, seems that Trump set a trap and the Dem’s took it hook line and sinker.
    Once this is proven, Trump will have the support of the people to gut the Government of deep state people, and the Dem’s will have to support him or look like that are undemocratic, and dare i say the worst off all unAmerican!

I see you put a lot of faith in Twitter sources around here, and thats you problem.
    In USA Twitter has 20million who tweet on a regular basis, and 10% of these are responsible for 90% of tweets.
    These 10% (2million) who tweet the most are a grand total of 0.61% of the 327million population of the USA.
    If we uses theses percentages for Ireland it is a grand total of 40,955 who are responsible for 90% of the tweets for the entire island of Ireland population of 6.655million.

The best estimates for the percentage of population who have paranoid delusional disorder is between .04-.07% of people, that some coincidence, the same number as those who drive twitter.

You say you like facts around here?
    If you rely of Twitter for your news, it is no wonder the progressive left is loosing the plot.
    According to Twitter Racists are everywhere!
    According to Twitter Fascists are goose stepping down the main street of every town in the country!
    According to Twitter Women are treated as second class citizens!
    According to Twitter Homosexuals are at least 30% of the population!
    According to Twitter Transexuals are at least 10% of the population!
    The list goes on and on, twitter is a echo chamber, not only do you follow people you like/agree with, but you block those who you don’t.
    My advice for you posters blinded by Twitter Derangement Syndrome is stay off Twitter for a month, interact with people in the real world and see that the Twitter world view is being led by 0.61% of the population, most likely the crazy ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭valoren

When someone (CIA agent) is working for the US government how exactly are they spying when they report/blow the whistle on what they find about the US government TO the US government? They did their job commendably and we likely would know nothing about the call if not for them blowing the whistle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

ub52 wrote: »
    So Trump wins big again, it now looks like the leak was a CIA agent spying on the Whitehouse, 100% illegal, no if and or buts, proof positive of a Deep state working to undermine the office of the President of the United States.
    This will fire up Trumps base no end and swing the neutrals around to him as well, seems that Trump set a trap and the Dem’s took it hook line and sinker.
    Once this is proven, Trump will have the support of the people to gut the Government of deep state people, and the Dem’s will have to support him or look like that are undemocratic, and dare i say the worst off all unAmerican!

I don't even know where to start with these arguments or rather delusions and while typing this I wonder if I should start at all. I do it anyway before bedtime.
    If not for the warnings of the mods I otherwise would have some four letter words for above post.

I wonder what is going on in the minds of people who seem to actually believe that Trump has an agenda beyond his cry for aggrandisement.
    And Trump doesn't win, au contraire. He is on a downward spiral, accelerating.

And someone who leaks troublesome facts about actual treason isn't a spy or traitor but a person with some sort of conscience. The only person that undermines the office of the president and the US is Trump himself.

Having an agenda is not a bad thing as such. Otherwise how would you do politics?

But in my opinion, having an agenda means that you have policies, at best visions for the greater good. Can you actually say that for Trump? If yes, please enlighten us.

ub52 wrote: »
    I see you put a lot of faith in Twitter sources around here, and thats you problem.
    (...)
    My advice for you posters blinded by Twitter Derangement Syndrome is stay off Twitter for a month, interact with people in the real world and see that the Twitter world view is being led by 0.61% of the population, most likely the crazy ones.

Oh yes! Please tell that President Donal "Twitter" Trump! And the crazy ones, I mean his followers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement