Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,357 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

People are forgetting he has another whistleblower issue - the person who filed one from inside the IRS. If Cohen was correct in what he said, he has a shedload of trouble regarding tax fraud and insurance fraud.

He is monumentaly ****ed and he knows it. 11 texts re Ukraine by 11am I think.

It's glorious!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

everlast75 wrote: »
    People are forgetting he has another whistleblower issue - the person who filed one from inside the IRS. If Cohen was correct in what he said, he has a shedload of trouble regarding tax fraud and insurance fraud.

It's glorious!

It is. But what is even more important will be when GOP senators and reps start tweeting negatively about Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

I think Democrats could have jumped the gun here. Its hard to see a scenario where more than 5 or 6 republican senators would vote for impeachment should it go to a vote. I think 18 would be needed

• Registered Users Posts: 3 skylikemake

Well, Trump looks like an idiot, but he is very passionate and good leader

• Registered Users Posts: 21,316 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The GOP are so far gone, they'll find it hard to row back. One House of Reps GOP member warned them yesterday that this is serious and not right. Hope a few more join the concerned voices.

Lads, he's caught red handed with his hand in the cookie jar, FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,801 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

everlast75 wrote: »
    People are forgetting he has another whistleblower issue - the person who filed one from inside the IRS.If Cohen was correct in what he said, he has a shedload of trouble regarding tax fraud and insurance fraud.

It's glorious!
    Forgotten ? I must have missed that news story.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

[PHP][/PHP]
    Water John wrote: »
    The GOP are so far gone, they'll find it hard to row back. One House of Reps GOP member warned them yesterday that this is serious and not right. Hope a few more join the concerned voices.

Lads, he's caught red handed with his hand in the cookie jar, FFS.

I'd say the GOP will split in two. Not literally, but you may see two competing philosophies in the post-Trump world: between those conducting phoney "Road to Damascus" moments, where only now have they realised they backed the wrong horse and I totally expect the likes of McConnell to be in that catchment; there there would be those too deep into the Sunk Cost Fallacy (so see Devon Nunes or Matt Gaetz as examples) to contemplate turning back.

Letter from 300 former security professionals concerning Trumps "unconscionable abuse of power"

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-ukraine-call-former-national-security-officials-ukraine-call-unconscionable-abuse-of-power/

1 page script. 13 pages of signatures.

Some seem to be expressing the opinion that McConnell had already started hedging his bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,510 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

I think Democrats could have jumped the gun here. Its hard to see a scenario where more than 5 or 6 republican senators would vote for impeachment should it go to a vote. I think 18 would be needed

It's a long way still from it reaching the Senate. Will, I assume be months of interviews, examinations & investigations in the House before they finish. They won't be looking to reach the senate until everything is out there & , they hope, public opinion will be pro-impeachmemt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,801 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Some seem to be expressing the opinion that McConnell had already started hedging his bets.
    Well didn't he say he wasn't told about something that trump did.(was the holding back of the ukranian aid ?) The way I read it was he said he wasn't told that he felt as senate leader he should have been. I could be wrong but that's the way I took it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Not sure if this is true, but I would believe it after seeing him speak after the impeachment was announced. I almost feel sorry for him. Almost.

https://twitter.com/JohnnyBlkshrt/status/1176972300622553090

Sounds like nothing has changed there so.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Forgotten ? I must have missed that news story.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1177538375688978432?s=19

Whether anything comes of this report or not, the tax returns should disclose plenty... not that is needed. Would just be the icing on the cake though

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭RickBlaine

I don't agree with Schiff's tactic of rewording Trump's call. It just creates an unnecessary distraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Call me Al wrote: »
    Trump derangement syndrome. And it has been raised a few times today here out of the blue.

I always thought it described the impairment whereby you deny reality and change your worldview to fit whatever Trump comes out with, regardless of the logical inconsistencies.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Unsurprisingly

thechewyone and keeponcoming will be taking a break

Also- Please don't feed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,607 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

amandstu wrote: »
    Anyone know how this is playing out in Ukrainean politics?

They are certainly in a difficult position ,depending on an "ally" like the US at present.

Has Zelensky done as well as he could in their eyes? See Avenatti is suggesting T may have targeted other politicians using "his" justice dept. Does that ring true?

Is he using it to dig up dirt on others or was this an opportunistic crime?

According to the news feed from RTE [sourced elsewhere] Ukraines former AG stated that what Don had said about the former prosecutor and the Bidens was not true, that the prosecutor had been sacked for unrelated corruption. I don't know if the story of Don with-holding the Ukraine funding provided by the senate for a month has reached the ears of Ukraine's public but it must have been heard by now by its Govt. It must have rattled them, given how Don is so pally with Vlad the invader.

When one [regardless of one's political leaning] looks at the way Don has spoken about Mitch and his former AG, one can be excused for thinking Don is amoral when it comes to treating anyone he comes in contact with respectfully. Its possible that it is not only Dem Politicians that his handlers have been feeding him dubious info on making him anxious about GOP Politicians in his sphere. Taking the with-holding of the funding and Mitch McConnells reported statement that he had not been told about the with-holding of the senate funding for Ukraine [mentioned in an earlier post here by some other poster] it seems, putting it mildly, that Mitch and Don may mistrust each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,607 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

RickBlaine wrote: »
    I don't agree with Schiff's tactic of rewording Trump's call. It just creates an unnecessary distraction.

I don't know if this was a fortunate blessing in disguise for Don & Co in the transcript summary issued by the W/House that Schiff had to play it by ear on what is actually in the full transcript known of by the W/house, but it's certainly played out lucky for Don to be able to make what looks like a reasonable comment on Schiff's "reading" of the summary.

Frankly, Rudy should be hauled in tomorrow, but we will have to wait for this lot...

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1177675618789593093?s=19

Guliani was going to a conference organised by Russians banned by America next week, Putin was going to be there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭amandstu

Guliani was going to a conference organised by Russians banned by America next week, Putin was going to be there.

Did Trump promise transparent government? It certainly is now.

Rudy's 1st victim. This is what happens when Rudy reads out your texts on tv......

https://twitter.com/statepress/status/1177709061980094464?s=19

First of many, it will end with Trump who I think could be gone within a week

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

First of many, it will end with Trump who I think could be gone within a week

I heard that before.

nthclare wrote: »
    I heard that before.

Yeah but this time its different, he's in an absolutely dire spot now

• Registered Users Posts: 54,118 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Yeah but this time its different, he's in an absolutely dire spot now

This is the same guy who got elected after saying on film "Grab them by the pussy"

Anything is possible, he'll worm his way out of it and the Republicans wont impeach him anyway as they've sold their soul to the devil

• Registered Users Posts: 14,154 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Yeah I'd be shocked if he was gone in anything like a week. The goal is that he is gone in January 2021. Anything else would be a bonus at this point.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭RickBlaine

I watched the Coen brothers' Burn After Reading from 2008 and afterwards looked at its wikipedia page. In a retrospective written in 2017 in The New Republic, the senior editor wrote this which I think is very true and even more applicable now with the recent Ukraine scandal:
    The most disturbing thing about Burn After Reading, though, is how it resembles every day in Trump's Washington, where the line between blundering idiocy and malevolent conspiracy is increasingly blurred

Headshot wrote: »
    This is the same guy who got elected after saying on film "Grab them by the pussy"

Anything is possible, he'll worm his way out of it and the Republicans wont impeach him anyway as they've sold their soul to the devil

The republicans arent as tied to Trump as you think they are they will throw him overboard if the heat gets turned up enough..Trump may be a moron but he isnt completely stupid he'll know when the gig is up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭amandstu

Yeah I'd be shocked if he was gone in anything like a week. The goal is that he is gone in January 2021. Anything else would be a bonus at this point.
    A very ,very big bonus....the damage he is doing is ongoing,every day counts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement