Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,190 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

He's probably looking at the longer game, hit Erdogan where it really hurts at home and hopefully get him ousted by his own people.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,242 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

This bit is nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

And yet, the charade continues and they allow him to continue these public appearances, and won't take that damn phone away from him.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 19,555 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

pixelburp wrote: »
    So anyone know what "powerful article" he's referring to, cos Trump seems to be saying it was that article that claimed they didn't help in WW2. I'm now wondering if there's any truth in this, cos a number of countries and regions jumped onto the Allied side in 44 when the tide turned (eg Brazil)

Of course it's all about the money with Trump; not for the first time lives are on the line - be it natural disaster or geopolitical one - and he can only relate to the monetary cost. Ammunition that the US military has apparently run out of, according to him. Guess they were shipping it all to Syria?

I think it was this online blog...

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1182037988315934728?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

everlast75 wrote: »

Oh Christ fox polls not going his way either. I mean whether the democrats were going to impeach on the mueller report or not, they were given manna from heaven by trump is his mind thinking releasing the actual transcript of his call would help himself. Only an idiot or trump supporter who is getting the cool aid administered intravenously would believe his ramblings now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

namloc1980 wrote: »
    This one is insane...."the Kurds didn't help us in Normandy"! Definitely not the full bob.

Just.... I....

Somehow "facepalm" doesn't even come close.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,772 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

He lost a huge slew of conservative and moderate support today, and as an added benefit ushered in the next era of Middle East slaughter.

https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1182065418971832320?s=19

So many scandals.

Anyone else feel like we are entering the final episodes of a long running tv show that has been cancelled, and the writers are desperate to tie up the loose ends before the last one?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,452 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I think it was this online blog...

Oh dear lord. So not even an established "article" like he claimed but some rando right wing type and their brainfart? Then ranting about lightbulbs...

I'm calling it, and couldn't be bother being polite anymore: the sitting US President is mad. Whether it's Alzheimer's or not is immaterial, his behaviour is erratic and dangerous.

This isn't 4D chess, this is Reddit Hysteria Made Flesh, an obviously flailing man out of his depth and wildly spiralling. A troll playing real life "Civilisation", badly. The seasoned pros in the admin either resigned or were sacked, leaving the likes of Betsy DeVos, Rick Perry and Rudy Giuliani. Even John Bolton couldn't hack it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭Call me Al

is_that_so wrote: »
    That article talks about Biden, and R voters not being too upset if he was elected in 2020, but that they feel some of the others are "nutjobs".

I wonder if the GOP internal polling shows Biden as the most attractive alternative to Trump amongst GOP voters. The most likely to lure them into not voting for Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

So many scandals.

Anyone else feel like we are entering the final episodes of a long running tv show that has been cancelled, and the writers are desperate to tie up the loose ends before the last one?

No I feel like, and have felt like it's similar to that episode of the Simpsons where Mr Burns has so many diseases they all can't get through the door at the same time to make an impact.

Thankfully as surreal as this time is, surely one of these scandals that would end so many others careers will get through properly

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

So many scandals.

That should swing anyone in the US who doesn't like Iran and its nuclear power ambitions away from supporting Don. Asking his SecState in the Oval Office to go to Jeff Sessions and ask him to help Rudy's client avoid DOJ prosecution on federal sanction-busting charges of Don-approved sanctions on Iran. I assume John Bolton wasn't in the room.

Who is feeding Don these weird items; as in "the Kurds didn't help us in Normandy"?

aloyisious wrote: »
    That should swing anyone in the US who doesn't like Iran and its nuclear power ambitions away from supporting Don. Asking his SecState in the Oval Office to go to Jeff Sessions and ask him to help Rudy's client avoid DOJ prosecution on federal sanction-busting charges of Don-approved sanctions on Iran. I assume John Bolton wasn't in the room.

Why the **** didn't Tillerson say something at the time, or since?

He should be subpoenaed and asked what other illegal acts Trump asked him to do.

A similar question should be asked of Barr, if they could ever get his lying sycophantic ass in front of Congress.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

No I feel like, and have felt like it's similar to that episode of the Simpsons where Mr Burns has so many diseases they all can't get through the door at the same time to make an impact.

Thankfully as surreal as this time is, surely one of these scandals that would end so many others careers will get through properly

Mr. Burns: So what you're saying is, I'm indestructible.
    Doctor: Oh, no, no, in fact, even slight breeze could...
    Mr. Burns: Indestructible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

While the banner being unfurled on the Trump building may not be true (it being a Photoshop or similar edit-job), the message is indeed very true... Trump has indeed betrayed the Kurds and the current attacks on those people by the Turks is indeed murderous and their blood is on his hands...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

It ain't over until we have some inter-planetary -level Shark Jumping....

• Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've only read the headline about trump asking the then secretary state to intervene on a client of gulianni. Even that headline screams in proprietary regardless of party loyalty. And a point on trump claiming that the process being started by the house in accordance with the constitution is bollocks but we know that already. How can a process laid out clearly in the US constitution be unconstitutional ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I've only read the headline about trump asking the then secretary state to intervene on a client of gulianni. Even that headline screams in proprietary regardless of party loyalty. And a point on trump claiming that the process being started by the house in accordance with the constitution is bollocks but we know that already. How can a process laid out clearly in the US constitution be unconstitutional ?

Truth is not truth - Rudy Giuliani

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Itssoeasy wrote: »

It's not meant to be believed by serious people. It's meant to be swallowed and repeated by his base.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The Kurdashians didn't help at Normandy? He's not wrong. Not much help during the war of independence against the British either.

When ISIS are back on their feet I really hope they bomb the feck out of Trump Tower.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,483 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Now we know it's over. Scaramucci says Trump is finished (/sarcasm)

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-news-live-today-twitter-latest-kurds-turkey-syria-tweets-a9150021.html

What's more interesting is George Conway, Mr. Kellyanne, actually was interviewed over the phone by Preet Bharara on CNN and described Trump's letter explaining why he's not responding to subpoenas, as 'garbage.' https://edition.cnn.com/2019/10/09/politics/george-conway-white-house-letter-trash/index.html

Unusual to hear George Conway on the air. Usually he just tweets.

CNN also had a law professor whose been involved with impeachment trials confirm Conways analysis, though he didn't come out and say 'garbage.'

Igotadose wrote: »
    Now we know it's over. Scaramucci says Trump is finished (/sarcasm)

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-news-live-today-twitter-latest-kurds-turkey-syria-tweets-a9150021.html

What's more interesting is George Conway, Mr. Kellyanne, actually was interviewed over the phone by Preet Bharara on CNN and described Trump's letter explaining why he's not responding to subpoenas, as 'garbage.' https://edition.cnn.com/2019/10/09/politics/george-conway-white-house-letter-trash/index.html

Unusual to hear George Conway on the air. Usually he just tweets.

CNN also had a law professor whose been involved with impeachment trials confirm Conways analysis, though he didn't come out and say 'garbage.'

Professor Laurence Tribe, Constitutional Lawyer from Harvard, says its garbage.

Professor Laurence Tribe, Constitutional Lawyer from Harvard, says its garbage.

That's 2 then. The law professor on CNN (watched it this a.m. in the gym), was from Tulane and I would've recognized Laurence Tribe.

Conway guessed that the letter was written (poorly in Conway's view) by Pat Cipollone, Trump's head lawyer. Cipollone worked for Kirkland and Ellis LLC. Interestingly, they were the ones defending sicko Jeffrey Epstein in Miami when Alex Acosta rolled over for them into a job in the Trump WH, which he has since left (as, everything Trump touches, dies, of course.) under a cloud of suspicion of some sort of :P quid pro quo between Epstein, Acosta and indirectly Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭CarPark2

The Kurdashians didn't help at Normandy? He's not wrong. Not much help during the war of independence against the British either.

When ISIS are back on their feet I really hope they bomb the feck out of Trump Tower.

I was wondering was I missing something when I heard this. How or why would the Kurds have been expected to help the US at Normandy?

CarPark2 wrote: »
    I was wondering was I missing something when I heard this. How or why would the Kurds have been expected to help the US at Normandy?

They wouldn't. Trump's grasping at whatever straws he can come up with. Apparently some right-wing nutter came up with this and it filtered its way to Trump (rose from whatever right wing toilets his staff hang around in)

Good piece by Laurence Tribe (thanks everlast for the mention) saying the articles of impeachment should be moved along post-haste. This is what the Founders envisioned; the POTUS is too powerful and can't be allowed lots of time to continue to engage in conduct detrimental to the US.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/10/09/trump-impeachment-vote-charges-now-add-more-articles-later-column/3909558002/

• Registered Users Posts: 82,772 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Igotadose wrote: »
    They wouldn't. Trump's grasping at whatever straws he can come up with. Apparently some right-wing nutter came up with this and it filtered its way to Trump (rose from whatever right wing toilets his staff hang around in)

The idea being that the oft cut down and divided-in-4 Kurdistan should have at some point in history not been interested in clawing it’s own defense against massacres and acts of genocide but rather should have been waging wars internationally like being involved in D-Day....the article accused Kurds of being self interested for surviving in 4 backed up corners of repressive countries.

The Tillerson saga comes back to Rudy again, and Trump trying to intervene in an investigation. Rudy's client was someone being prosecuted by Preet Bharara while he was at the SDNY. Maddow covers it very well in her opening segment last night.
    Anyhoo, Preet has a weekly pod called Stay Tuned. I think its excellent.
    This week, Mr. George Conway.
    Here's a link to a tweet including the 1hr 15 min podcast

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1182264516760887298?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Lawrence Tribe doesnt mince his words (unlike Trump) : he straight up equates Trumps hiding of Sondland as an obstruction of the constitutional role of Congress and thus a violation of the president’s duty faithfully to execute the laws.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement